A Message from an audiophile at Stanford U - hope is on the horizon!

Stu Pitt

The Ivy League:

Cornell
Brown
Harvard
Yale
Dartmouth
Penn
Columbia
Princeton

I'm not saying Stanford isn't on the same level as those schools, just saying it's not an Ivy League school. 

headshrinker2

Hopefully...
Stanford---->Good job---->sweet hifi system!

Heck, if he already has a 4BSST2, he is well on his way.

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
Heck, if he already has a 4BSST2, he is well on his way.

Absolutely.  :thumb:

Stu Pitt

Oh please, Leland Stanford was no saint.  And it's Ivy.   :D

Just re-read that.  I thought you were insisting it's an Ivy rather than correcting my misspelled "Ive."  My bad.  My mind works faster than my fingers type sometimes. 

ltr317

Just re-read that.  I thought you were insisting it's an Ivy rather than correcting my misspelled "Ive."  My bad.  My mind works faster than my fingers type sometimes.

You have it correct this time.  :thumb:  The Ivy League began officially in 1954 to legitimize intercollegiate participation in all sports among the eight member colleges.  The first sporting competition between two colleges was a rowing match between Harvard and Yale a century earlier.  In the decades after that first competition, several of the oldest colleges in the Northeast (including West Point and the Naval Academy) competed regularly in other sports, such as football and baseball.  But it wasn't until 1954 that the league was formalized to include all sports.  West Point and the Naval Academy dropped out a few years earlier.  The College of William and Mary, and Rutgers University (called Queens before the revolutionary war) were not asked to join because of their public funding.

Leland Stanford and his wife traveled to the east coast to consult with the Presidents of Harvard and Cornell, among other colleges in seeking advice about starting a college.