The more-or-less "Official RMAF' thread...

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
The more-or-less "Official RMAF' thread...
« on: 15 Sep 2011, 02:43 am »
I will be taking quite a bit of product to RMAF this year including BUSSes of several types, power cables (including the new killer 10ga cable), MacSandwiches and ABB room treatment.  All of this gear will be at reduced pricing at the show and I would really like to not have to pack anything up to bring it home.  Check back here over the next week or two for a listing of what is going to Denver in October and RMAF Show pricing.

See you there in room 2024 of the Marriott Tower!!!

Dave
« Last Edit: 1 Oct 2011, 08:19 pm by dBe »

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: The more-or-less "Official RMAF' thread...
« Reply #1 on: 15 Sep 2011, 02:48 am »
Sweet.  :thumb:

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #2 on: 27 Sep 2011, 03:58 pm »
Here is a short list of items being taken to RMAF - SALE pricing is 25% off of retail   

UberBUSS   $1095.00    $819.00 

RevB MajikBUSS   $849.00     $629.00 

BatteryBUSS   $499.00     $375.00 

MPC/SourceOneTD   $299.00     $225.00 

MPC/Mongo 10 - the new top of the line power cable   $799.00    $599.00 

Several MacSandwiches  Black - $199.00    $149.00 

A new little widget for battery powered digital audio    TBD 

An array of diffusers - both ABB1 and Mr.T    TBD 

This is a great opportunity to get sale pricing on products that are fairly priced to begin with, so don't miss it!  See you in Room 2024 of the Marriott Tower. 

Dave

« Last Edit: 1 Oct 2011, 08:38 pm by dBe »

JAMn Joe

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.jamnaudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 27 Sep 2011, 06:06 pm »
Hey Dave,

Just to let you know, the Uberbuss you made us for last year will be back in the Purity Audio Design Room (522) again this year. It's the best power conditioner I've used at a show thus far, including the years when I was just working with other manufacturers.

Stop by our room this year if you get a chance.

Joe

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #4 on: 27 Sep 2011, 06:42 pm »
Hey Dave,

Just to let you know, the Uberbuss you made us for last year will be back in the Purity Audio Design Room (522) again this year. It's the best power conditioner I've used at a show thus far, including the years when I was just working with other manufacturers.

Stop by our room this year if you get a chance.

Joe
Joe, will do.  You guys had great sound last year!

I hope that things are getting better for Bill.  What a bummer - to have that kind of devastation.

See you guys there :thumb:

Dave

dmccombs

« Reply #5 on: 29 Sep 2011, 04:10 am »
Here is a short list of items being take to RMAF - SALE pricing will come later:

UberBUSS
RevB MajikBUSS
BatteryBUSS
MPC/SourceOneTD
MPC/Mongo 10 - the new top of the line power cable
Several MacSandwiches
A new little widget for battery powered digital audio
An array of diffusers - both ABB1 and Mr.T

This is a great opportunity to get sale pricing on products that are fairly priced to begin with, so don't miss it!

See you in Room 2024 of the Marriott Tower.

Dave

Dave,

I'm glad you are taking the Mongo Power Cord to RMAF.  People have got to hear these things.

For those going to RMAF,

I suggest you stop by Room 2024 and check these out.  I got to demo one of these a while ago on my DAC and preamp.  The power cord sounded great on both, so I asked Dave to make me up 3.

I got them recently and put one on my preamp, and the other two on my monoblock amps.  Man O man, what a great sound.  These cords have a nice tonal balance allowing nice tight bass, a rich full midrange, and open highs.  What is even more apparent is the the clean sound and detail/texture that comes through in vocals, strings, in all aspects of the music.

These are terrific cables and are definitely worth a listen.   RMAF is a great opportunity.  :thumb:

Darrell
Mach2 Music
« Last Edit: 29 Sep 2011, 10:06 pm by dmccombs »

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #6 on: 29 Sep 2011, 03:29 pm »
Dave,

I'm glad you are taking the Mongo Power Cord to RMAF.  People have got to hear these things.

For those going to RMAF,

I suggest you stop by Room 224 and check these out.  I got to demo one of these a while ago on my DAC and preamp.  The power cord sounded great on both, so I asked Dave to make me up 3.

I got them recently and put one on my preamp, and the other two on my monoblock amps.  Man O man, what a great sound.  These cords have a nice tonal balance allowing nice tight bass, a rich full midrange, and open highs.  What is even more apparent is the the clean sound and detail/texture that comes through in vocals, strings, in all aspects of the music.

These are terrific cables and are definitely worth a listen.   RMAF is a great opportunity.  :thumb:

Darrell
Mach2 Music
Darrell, after hearing Mongo on your Classe' monoblocks and Pass pre I have to admit that your systems has never sounded better.  Thanks for being part of my "Lab Team".  It is always great to see you smile.

Mongo is a pretty big departure for me.  It is not inexpensive, but it is certainly worth it.  After hearing it on Georges' sytem and now yours I am extremely pleased with this design.  I have several customers in Australia that says it is the best power cable they have ever used, besting cables over twice as expensive.

I am very, very pleased with Mongo.  Thank you for the glowing report.

Dave

highfilter

« Reply #7 on: 29 Sep 2011, 04:15 pm »
Darrell, after hearing Mongo on your Classe' monoblocks and Pass pre I have to admit that your systems has never sounded better.  Thanks for being part of my "Lab Team".  It is always great to see you smile.

Mongo is a pretty big departure for me.  It is not inexpensive, but it is certainly worth it.  After hearing it on Georges' sytem and now yours I am extremely pleased with this design.  I have several customers in Australia that says it is the best power cable they have ever used, besting cables over twice as expensive.

I am very, very pleased with Mongo.  Thank you for the glowing report.

Dave

Hey Dave,

mind sharing some background information on the Mongo? What separates it from your other products etc?

Looks like you'll be eating up RMAF - I know you've been working your ass off.  :D

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #8 on: 29 Sep 2011, 04:49 pm »
Hey Dave,

mind sharing some background information on the Mongo? What separates it from your other products etc?

Looks like you'll be eating up RMAF - I know you've been working your ass off.  :D

Yup, been kinda crazy around here.

Mongo is the third generation of the cable that carries this name.  It is an extremely robust 10 gauge+ cable that has a very different construction than my other cables.  It has a similar wire lay, but the layered construction is quite different with the ground being external to the cable.  Like all of my other cables, Mongo is quite flexible.  Connectors are Furutech gold plated units.  Materials processing is different, too, but includes cryo, of course. 

Here is a picture of one with a 20A IEC connector:

Pricing is $799.00 plus $20.00 shipping in the USA - $45.00 for international.

Kicks serious butt!!!   8)  I'm a proud Papa.

Dave

dmccombs

« Reply #9 on: 29 Sep 2011, 05:00 pm »
  I have several customers in Australia that says it is the best power cable they have ever used, besting cables over twice as expensive.

Dave

I have to agree with your Aussie customers on this one.   :bowdown:

I also forgot to mention that this cable is very flexible.  It was very easy to get it connected not only to my amps, but also my preamp in my rack.

Darrell
Mach2 Music

highfilter

« Reply #10 on: 29 Sep 2011, 05:48 pm »
Looks like you got yourself a new beast there. Congrats Dave!

I assume the Mongo 10 is geared for all kinds of applications? Sources, Pre-amps, Amps, Power conditioners/Busses?

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #11 on: 29 Sep 2011, 05:50 pm »
Looks like you got yourself a new beast there. Congrats Dave!

I assume the Mongo 10 is geared for all kinds of applications? Sources, Pre-amps, Amps, Power conditioners/Busses?
We've tried it on everything from the Tranquility DAC to BUSSes to 300W monoblocks and it is a universal lover of everything audio so far.

Dave

rogerdn

« Reply #12 on: 29 Sep 2011, 08:32 pm »
Dave,

Where would you start, with a pre/DAC or amp ?

Roger

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #13 on: 29 Sep 2011, 09:36 pm »
Yo Dave,

We are in room 2024 (not 224).

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #14 on: 29 Sep 2011, 10:07 pm »
Dave,

Where would you start, with a pre/DAC or amp ?

Roger
Roger, normally I start with the source components and move to the amps second.  It is the  microdynamics that are the givers of life to music and those reside first in the source components.  Good power cabling brings these out so I always go to the source first.

Dave

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #15 on: 29 Sep 2011, 10:08 pm »
Yo Dave,

We are in room 2024 (not 224).
DUH!  My brain hutrz!  :o

Dumb Dave

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #16 on: 29 Sep 2011, 10:56 pm »

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #17 on: 29 Sep 2011, 11:04 pm »
Which?
Darrell's Classe' CMA300 amps.

http://www.classeaudio.com/delta/delta-cam300.htm

I "think" they are the 300's  :? 

Dave

dmccombs

« Reply #18 on: 30 Sep 2011, 03:36 pm »
They are 400 wpc monoblocks.  The Classe CA-M400

Darrell
Mach2 Music

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #19 on: 30 Sep 2011, 03:40 pm »
They are 400 wpc monoblocks.  The Classe CA-M400

Darrell
Mach2 Music
I stand corrected.  I should have known they weren't measly 300's   :thumb:

Dave