Steven Stone's RMAF coverage in TAS..

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Steven Stone's RMAF coverage in TAS..
« on: 27 Oct 2010, 03:27 am »
was pretty darned kind to our humble room:

http://www.avguide.com/blog/tas-rmaf-steven-stone-digital-and-new-technologies

I hope that he figures out that the MACSandwich and the MPC Series power cables are my products, though. 

Here are some quick specs:

MACSandwich 2010 Mac Mini isolation platform with EMI/RFI absorption: $149.00 for the Utility Black finish.  $179.00 in Titanium Gray.

MPC/Mini 1.5m Power Cable and MPC/Source One Power Cable ($299.00 each) Introductory price $229.00 on either cable is good until November 1, 2010.

I'll have pictures of the full line up soon.

Any questions?

Dave

highfilter

Re: Steven Stone's RMAF coverage in TAS..
« Reply #1 on: 27 Oct 2010, 03:34 am »
A Mac Sandwich, eh? I'm hungry!

Do you have any pictures of the MACSandwich 2010 Mac Mini isolation platform in Titanium Gray?

Congratulations on the coverage, I too hope you get the recognition you deserve.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #2 on: 27 Oct 2010, 03:38 am »
A Mac Sandwich, eh? I'm hungry!

Do you have any pictures of the MACSandwich 2010 Mac Mini isolation platform in Titanium Gray?

Congratulations on the coverage, I too hope you get the recognition you deserve.
Clayton, thank you.  We had a great time and there were a lot of people that loved the room.

I'll have pictures as soon as I get a final finish that I'm happy with in apprearance and gloss.  It needs to be matte to not look funky with the Mini.

Soon.

Dave

jimdgoulding

« Reply #3 on: 27 Oct 2010, 03:42 am »
Whip it one us, D.  Please . .

highfilter

« Reply #4 on: 27 Oct 2010, 04:11 am »
Can't wait, Dave. A close-up picture of the black one would be nice as well.

I found any improvements applied directly to the source component greatly improve the sound, compared to other tweaks. And the Mac Mini loves tweaks, from what I found! Couldn't be more happy with the Mac Mini and it seems every few weeks when I discover another tweak it makes my smile that much wider.

Loving that Mac Mini power cable you made, works wonders.  :thumb:

highfilter

« Reply #5 on: 27 Oct 2010, 04:19 am »
Also Dave, forgot to ask, what is the Tranquility SE DAC sitting on in that picture? Are those custom feet with the same isolation platform as the Mac Mini? My Tranquility SE is in transit and it would be interesting to get mine floating above heaven.

Best,
Clayton

TrungT

« Reply #6 on: 27 Oct 2010, 04:37 am »

:thumb:
The cone isolation from Jim Rogers, Dave have more info. soon.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #7 on: 27 Oct 2010, 04:42 am »
Also Dave, forgot to ask, what is the Tranquility SE DAC sitting on in that picture? Are those custom feet with the same isolation platform as the Mac Mini? My Tranquility SE is in transit and it would be interesting to get mine floating above heaven.

Best,
Clayton
What Trung said.  My friend Jim Rogers and his company, An Audible Difference, is developing a line of isolation products including a new rack system that is going to be KILLER.

anaudibledifferencenm.com

The SE was sitting on the bottom half of the MACSandwich.  I'll have another isolation unit made for the Tranquility and other smaller units - the DACSandwich.  I couldn't help myself!   :lol:

I'm glad you like the MPC/Mini.  It rocks with the Source OneTD on the SE   :thumb:

Dave

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: 27 Oct 2010, 11:36 am »
Is that an UberBuss on the left in the picture?  8 outlets? 

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #9 on: 27 Oct 2010, 03:11 pm »
Is that an UberBuss on the left in the picture?  8 outlets?
Yep, it is an OctoBUSS that I built to take to shows.  It only has one EMI/RFI core and PFC network, but does have 4 separate after filters.  It has a 20A inlet, also.  When you go to a show like RMAF or Axpona, you never know what you will have for AC drops so I figured that it would be good to have a unit that would be an AC hub for the room.  I actually built it for another client, but they ended up not using it for some political reasons.

BTW... we will be at Axpona in April.

Dave

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: 27 Oct 2010, 03:16 pm »
Yep, it is an OctoBUSS that I built to take to shows.  It only has one EMI/RFI core and PFC network, but does have 4 separate after filters.  It has a 20A inlet, also.  When you go to a show like RMAF or Axpona, you never know what you will have for AC drops so I figured that it would be good to have a unit that would be an AC hub for the room.  I actually built it for another client, but they ended up not using it for some political reasons.

BTW... we will be at Axpona in April.

Dave

Who is the "we"?  I'm thinking of going as it's about 4hrs from me but I heard last year wasn't that good. 

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #11 on: 27 Oct 2010, 03:45 pm »
Who is the "we"?  I'm thinking of going as it's about 4hrs from me but I heard last year wasn't that good.
Jason, I think it will be pretty much the whole crew (GR, Dodd, dB, PI and posse).  Danny has the particulars.

Part of the "we" is Gayle.  We've only seen Atlanta from the terminal connecting to other flights.  It looks good from the air  :D

Dave

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #14 on: 27 Oct 2010, 04:24 pm »
Thanks... I'm there.

Dave

me too!  I hope.  Are you driving?

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #15 on: 27 Oct 2010, 04:28 pm »
me too!  I hope.  Are you driving?
I'm pretty sure we will be flying into there.  I'll probably just ship what I will need ahead of time.  OTOH, it would be a nice drive across that part of the country.  Last time I drove into the south was in the late 60's as a long haired rock 'n' roll drummer.  Loved New Orleans where we played.  It would be a totally different experience as a bald 63 year old geezer, I'm sure.

Dave

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #16 on: 27 Oct 2010, 04:38 pm »
I'm pretty sure we will be flying into there.  I'll probably just ship what I will need ahead of time.  OTOH, it would be a nice drive across that part of the country.  Last time I drove into the south was in the late 60's as a long haired rock 'n' roll drummer.  Loved New Orleans where we played.  It would be a totally different experience as a bald 63 year old geezer, I'm sure.

Dave

HAHA. 

The last time I drove across the country was when I was 17 helping my big sister to Arizona State University.  It was great fun and one of the better memories with her. 

dmccombs

« Reply #17 on: 27 Oct 2010, 06:58 pm »
Can't wait, Dave. A close-up picture of the black one would be nice as well.

I found any improvements applied directly to the source component greatly improve the sound, compared to other tweaks. And the Mac Mini loves tweaks, from what I found! Couldn't be more happy with the Mac Mini and it seems every few weeks when I discover another tweak it makes my smile that much wider.

Loving that Mac Mini power cable you made, works wonders.  :thumb:

Dave's MacMini products are terrific.  I have the power cord and the MacSandwich and they both make the system sound noticeably better.

We're finding that although the MacMini is a computer, it acts like any other front end (CD Player, etc), when it comes to power and vibration.

Dave's power cord is a huge improvement over the the stock cord?  If you wouldn't run your CD player on its stock cord, don't run the Mac Mini on its stock cord.

The MacSandwich surprised me.  I didn't think that would help much.  I already had the MacMini up on spikes after all.  But, I was wrong, and happily so.  The MacSandwhich tightened up the sound.  The soundstage got wide and way deeper in my system.

Pi Audio Group's done it again...    :thumb:

Darrell
www.mach2music.com

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #18 on: 27 Oct 2010, 07:09 pm »
If you wouldn't run your CD player on its stock cord, don't run the Mac Mini on its stock cord.
I wouldn't suggest using a Cdp at all.   :lol:

The MacSandwich surprised me.  I didn't think that would help much.  I already had the MacMini up on spikes after all.  But, I was wrong, and happily so. 
I hope I get to try the MacSandwich (what a great name) soon.  I have my Mini on Herbie's Tenderfeet so it would be a great try as well. 
MacSandwich...makes me hungry too!!!

dmccombs

« Reply #19 on: 27 Oct 2010, 07:30 pm »
I wouldn't suggest using a Cdp at all.   :lol:
I hope I get to try the MacSandwich (what a great name) soon.  I have my Mini on Herbie's Tenderfeet so it would be a great try as well. 
MacSandwich...makes me hungry too!!!

I agree 100% about using a CDP these days Jason.  The MacMini and a good DAC is better.  A modified Macmini and a good DAC kills a CDP of comparable price.    :uzi:

Hmm, Tenderfeet...   MacSandwich...  Don't they call that the McRib?    :drool:

Darrell
www.mach2music.com