Just let go of my Rev. B as I await my uberbuss.

Gopher

Just let go of my Rev. B as I await my uberbuss.
« on: 7 May 2012, 12:59 am »
Today a fellow ACer stopped by to pick up my Rev. B which I sold to help fund an uberbuss.  I had hoped to stagger things better so I wouldn't be without a conditioner, but the sale was local and to a good guy so I jumped the gun.

I'm listening to my stereo right now plugged directly into the wall and its a revelation how much good the Majikbuss was doing.  I lost resolution and control in a significant way, my bass is flabbier and strings seem sorta clangy. 

Interesting experiment and a good palate cleanser.

Can't wait for my uber to set all right (and step things up a notch)!

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
Re: Just let go of my Rev. B as I await my uberbuss.
« Reply #1 on: 7 May 2012, 01:03 am »
Just think how happy you made Emil today... his Maggie 3.6's are really singing now since the Rev. B is getting the noise out...

You will really enjoy the UberBUSS, Fred!

Cheers,
Pete

morganc

« Reply #2 on: 7 May 2012, 01:49 am »
Today a fellow ACer stopped by to pick up my Rev. B which I sold to help fund an uberbuss.  I had hoped to stagger things better so I wouldn't be without a conditioner, but the sale was local and to a good guy so I jumped the gun.

I'm listening to my stereo right now plugged directly into the wall and its a revelation how much good the Majikbuss was doing.  I lost resolution and control in a significant way, my bass is flabbier and strings seem sorta clangy. 

Interesting experiment and a good palate cleanser.

Can't wait for my uber to set all right (and step things up a notch)!

Hi Gopher,
   As you are the only one that I know that had the Bybee purifier and the Buss, would you care to comment on the two?  I assume you preferred the Buss?  If so, that's pretty impressive price to performance ratio for the Buss!   

Morgan

Gopher

« Reply #3 on: 7 May 2012, 03:00 am »
Morgan,

My Bybee Purifier was the mini (retail is $1500 vs. ~$5000) though Mike had done some extra stuff to it to bring it up a notch.  It was a nice piece but the presentation of the Buss was more natural.  Its been a while and I'm going from memory here, but there was a smoothing quality to the Bybee which complimented my previous Zu based rig nicely, but left this system (Von Schweikert/Melody/Lampizator) sounding a bit overly smooth and sleepy.  I've also come to the conclusion that my Lampizator would rather be plugged into the wall then a Bybee purifier.

It was actually a part of what almost led me to the hasty decision of selling off my VR-33s too soon.   

The Bybee was a good product and will satisfy in the right system, but I have a more visceral and alive sound with the Buss that wasn't compromised in refinement or noise floor.

I had listened to both the Uberbuss and the Bybee Power Purifier in my prior system and my preference was inconclusive on a single audition, but I was getting ready to buy the uber suspecting it the more versatile product, when I was given an offer I couldn't refuse on the bybee--that guided my  purchase decision.  I'm coming full circle and am quite psyched to hear the Uberbuss.  it will have 2 of the Furutech receptacles and 1 Porter Port.

Emil

« Reply #4 on: 7 May 2012, 12:34 pm »
Just think how happy you made Emil today... his Maggie 3.6's are really singing now since the Rev. B is getting the noise out...

You will really enjoy the UberBUSS, Fred!

Cheers,
Pete

Happy boy indeed :thumb:
Yes, Fred was nice enough to give it up prior to the arrival of his Uber and now has to suffer through Uberless :(  To be honest, if I had to wait a few days, I would of convinced myself to go Uber ( not that Fred would of had any trouble at all selling the RevB)
Speaking of suffering. I had to use a generic cord with the Rev B. Oh, the horror! Im one TWL power cord short. Can you hear me, Pete? :D

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 7 May 2012, 12:43 pm »
TWL power cord short. Can you hear me, Pete? :D
I've heard some good things about them...

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #6 on: 8 May 2012, 02:21 am »
I've heard some good things about them...

Emil - there's a "Seven Plus" being made with your name on it...

They seem to have great synergy with power conditioners & especially Daves' BUSS products...

Cheers,
Pete

Emil

« Reply #7 on: 11 May 2012, 11:57 am »
Gopher

Is the suffering over?

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #8 on: 13 May 2012, 04:11 pm »
  When we perform home demo of the Uber for Dave in the NY Tri-state area we use the Triode Wire Labs Powercord.
  For digital however Daves dedicated digital design has an edge over TWL. Just different presentations . Daves being more neutral, TWL a tad richer. Synergy plays an important role. Both work well, again just different.
 Keep up the good work Men.

charles

Gopher

« Reply #9 on: 13 May 2012, 06:41 pm »
Emil,

Not quite, but Dave did his part.  Ive got a tracking number and am at the couriers mercy now.  I actially revonfigured what power cable goes where to mitigate damages and its listenable though i know it can be better.

How is the rev b treating you?