RF headphones for hard of hearing.

arthur

RF headphones for hard of hearing.
« on: 16 Jul 2021, 07:14 am »
Trying to find RF headphones for my father, who is hard of hearing. Anyone have experience with any reliable RF headphones that can go really loud?

artur9

Re: RF headphones for hard of hearing.
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jul 2021, 08:35 pm »
I used to use Sennheiser RS-130s.  The ones I had, the headphone stands were also a charging stand.

If you know where his hearing is bad maybe some sort of equalizer to boost those frequencies.  That made more of a difference to understanding speech than just playing everything more loudly.

Also, there's a hysteresis effect to how loudness affects one's hearing.  You'll need it louder and louder if the ears aren't given rest time (never let rock musicians control the volume :-) ).

Doublej

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jul 2021, 10:33 pm »
Might be worth looking into some of the technology that Apple has in iOS. I don't know if would help in your father's situation.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210070

What will they be used for? Any chance of him using Bluetooth which will give you a lot more options but may also not be as glitch resistant as RF.

arthur

« Reply #3 on: 18 Jul 2021, 03:46 am »
Thank you so much for all the advice. He needs the headphones for TV watching. I tried getting him BT headphones but they weren’t loud enough for him and there were pretty frequent issues with pairing. Don’t know if it was the TV or the headphones.