Checking in after a long absence

bentknee

Checking in after a long absence
« on: 28 Jan 2018, 02:46 am »
  I am an original member of this group. Travel in and out of the country has kept me as a lurker but not a poster. My big stereo had been in storage for a year and ten months. I am now settling back into America. I moved into a new place with a much better room than before. They say "absence makes the heart grow fonder" and to say that I am enjoying the system is an understatement. :thumb: I will chime in from time to time now.
  System: Von Schweikert VR4SRmk2
               Art Audio Electronics
               Zentara Cables
               Basis 2200 turntable Vector arm
               Grado Reference cartridge
               Cayin CD player
   I hope you all can enjoy your systems as much as I am now.

bentknee

Re: Checking in after a long absence
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jan 2018, 03:02 am »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jan 2018, 03:29 am »
Welcome aboard Bentknee, really nice tube amp :thumb:

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jan 2018, 07:15 pm »
..good to see you back here Bob

htradtk

« Reply #4 on: 29 Jan 2018, 11:04 pm »
Welcome back! I bet it was hard to leave those amazing speakers for so long! This past November I had a nice time at the Capital Audio Fest and met Damon and Leif. The system with the ULTRA 11’s was breathtaking indeed, check it out on YouTube. They plan to be back this coming November, if your in the DC area, come on by.

Henry

musiciseverything

« Reply #5 on: 25 Apr 2018, 03:06 am »
I have not posted here but have followed periodically. I have VR-4JRs. Original owner. I have set them up using the Sumiko Master Set method after trying everything else. I heartily recommend bi-wiring. I use Speltz anti-cables from dual monoblocks. I can hear the difference. The treble and bass are clearer and better defined. I recommend this and I spoke to Albert at the time and he agreed.