WyWires Proudly Announces a New Line of Digital Interfaces

wywires

Breaking News....We are almost ready to release a new line of hand crafted digital interface products that have been in development for the last 4 months. Included in this new product line are the following:

SPDIF 75 Ohm RCA Cable with Xhadow RCA ends.
AES/EBU 110 Ohm Cable with Neutrik or Xhadow XLR Ends.
USB-2 A/B Cable.

It was a bit of a challenge to develop these products since we needed to insure proper bandwidth and data transfer capabilities while providing the detailed, spacious, extended and non-fatiguing sound that WyWires are known for. I think we have succeeded in achieving our design and performance goals. Having recently compared our digital interfaces with well known brands that cost much more than ours on a broad range of DAC's and transports, I'm quite happy with the result. Beta testing has already started, so I expect to do a little tweaking but I believe the final product is virtually here. Please stay tuned for comments from the test team.

Pricing starts at $349 for the first meter and $180 for each meter thereafter. Xhadow RCA and Neutrik XLR's are standard. Xhadow XLR's add $100. USB A and B connectors utilize high quality gold plated contacts.

Gopher

Re: WyWires Proudly Announces a New Line of Digital Interfaces
« Reply #1 on: 14 Mar 2011, 06:16 pm »
I have been a tester for Wywire since pre-launch and had the opportunity to listen to a protype of this most recent upcoming cable and if nothing further is tweaked from the design in my possession, it will already be very special product.

I've been vocal in my opinions of the Wywire line and any of you who read my prior posts may know that my favorite product has been the original hot sauce, with my less favorite but still adored being the version 2 interconnects and power cables. 

The digital protype is right up there in terms of profoundness as the Hot Sauce for me, tied for first place. 

I had a difficult time finding a digital cable that carried the weight I wanted while offering satisfactory resolution and dynamics while maintaining an organic presentation.  I came close with some, offering great resolution and dynamics, but lacking weight, and others offering warmth and weight but glossing over too much information. 

I can only say it so many times without sounding like a broken record.  Take them up on their risk free trial and let your ears decide in your own system!  You will not return them.

I'm organizing my listening notes into something a bit more coherent and useful now--will update the thread soon.
« Last Edit: 15 Mar 2011, 02:10 am by Gopher »

Nick77

« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2011, 08:02 pm »
Alex wanted me to give his new digitial cable a try with my new hi-rez DAC. I just finished breaking in a Audio-gd NFB-2 24 bit 192hz DAC utilizing dual Wolfson chips with classA power supply.

I have a full set of WyWires along with my other components has given me a very resolving system... I thought.
When I first inserted the cable into my system I quickly realized my current digital cable was the weak link. The first thing I noticed was my resolution went thru the roof, the micro and macro details were slapping me upside my face. Instruments that once appeared and disappeared I could now hear them fading out instead of just stopping. Previously, If I were to identify a weakness in my system, it would have been that I could have used a little more sparkle in the treble region, not more energy just sparkle.

The new cable has provided the needed sparkle in the treble region without increased treble energy, totally non-fatiguing. The increased resolution is throughout the entire range of music and the bass is tight and without any bloom. The cable is dense and weighty providing a very rich musical experience. It has taken my system to a level only thought possible with "cost no object" components.

If you're in need of a digitial cable and want awesome transparency but with dense rich musical ability, you have got to try this new WyWire digital cable. VERY impressive!

« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2011, 10:57 pm by Nick77 »

highfilter

« Reply #3 on: 14 Mar 2011, 08:08 pm »
WyWires takes a step into digital. Very nice!

Great feedback guys. Has anyone tested out the USB cable into a USB DAC yet? Any pictures of any of the digital cables?

Thanks,
Clayton

cryoparts

« Reply #4 on: 14 Mar 2011, 08:40 pm »
Very nice, Alex! :thumb:

Peace,

Lee

wywires

« Reply #5 on: 14 Mar 2011, 08:52 pm »
WyWires takes a step into digital. Very nice!

Great feedback guys. Has anyone tested out the USB cable into a USB DAC yet? Any pictures of any of the digital cables?

Thanks,
Clayton

Nobody has...but me, of course. You want to be the first?

highfilter

« Reply #6 on: 14 Mar 2011, 09:08 pm »
Nobody has...but me, of course. You want to be the first?

I would love to. I'm currently using a dB Audio Labs Essential USB SE cable, between my Tranquility SE DAC and Mac Mini. If your other cables are any indication, this will be a blast.  :D

wywires

« Reply #7 on: 14 Mar 2011, 09:21 pm »
Consider it done...

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #8 on: 14 Mar 2011, 09:27 pm »
..and highfilter will soon be on the bus....enjoy it!!! :thumb: :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #9 on: 14 Mar 2011, 11:24 pm »
Nice!!!

santacore

« Reply #10 on: 15 Mar 2011, 12:06 am »
I'm very interested in hearing these.

morganc

« Reply #11 on: 15 Mar 2011, 07:55 am »
Can you add a USB cable to the tour shipment for me Alex? 

Big Red Machine

« Reply #12 on: 19 Mar 2011, 12:41 pm »
Will we blow the sound if we add a BNC adapter to it?  Or should we just go RCA to RCA?

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #13 on: 19 Mar 2011, 01:48 pm »
Big Red-did you get one of these yet?? if not you gotta try it--his best yet IMHO and his other cables are outstanding....try it you'll like it...LOL

tonyptony

« Reply #14 on: 19 Mar 2011, 09:05 pm »
Will we blow the sound if we add a BNC adapter to it?  Or should we just go RCA to RCA?

Actually, I was wondering if a version could be offered with high quality BNC connectors (I haven't had good luck with RCA-BNC adapters for my BNC connectorized gear).

wywires

« Reply #15 on: 19 Mar 2011, 09:20 pm »
Actually, I was wondering if a version could be offered with high quality BNC connectors (I haven't had good luck with RCA-BNC adapters for my BNC connectorized gear).

I am planning on offering a BNC terminated version. Expect an announcement in about three weeks. I'm working on sourcing some samples and testing for sound and workability/durability. If anyone has had experience with really great BNC's, please let me know. It seems that most BNC's are designed for coaxial configurations where the WyWires digital is not coax.

Alex

werd

« Reply #16 on: 19 Mar 2011, 09:20 pm »

Tpt, try the bnc adaptors from Radio shack  :thumb:. They are good and nearly impossible to tell there is an adaptor on it. I think they are made by Nextel at under 10 bucks.

wywires

« Reply #17 on: 19 Mar 2011, 09:27 pm »
Along a similar vane...I'm currently sourcing my USB plugs from a company in San Jose, CA. These connectors are pretty good but I am always interested in alternatives on some that are really cool. If anyone knows of alternatives to the garden variety, please let me know.  Thanks!

Alex

Big Red Machine

« Reply #18 on: 19 Mar 2011, 11:14 pm »
I bought a pair of the Furutech BNC's and made two cables of my own, one with solid copper and one with solid silver wire.  Each was wrapped in Kapton tape and surrounded by steel shot inside a flexible tubing.  Then I covered each with solid copper tape and made sure the shield had continuity to both end shells.  I'm interested in comparing one of these to mine.

So let me know when the RCA to BNC is ready to go.

wywires

« Reply #19 on: 19 Mar 2011, 11:18 pm »
I bought a pair of the Furutech BNC's and made two cables of my own, one with solid copper and one with solid silver wire.  Each was wrapped in Kapton tape and surrounded by steel shot inside a flexible tubing.  Then I covered each with solid copper tape and made sure the shield had continuity to both end shells.  I'm interested in comparing one of these to mine.

So let me know when the RCA to BNC is ready to go.

Thanks, I'll check out the Furutech. My regular AC plug supplier also carries Furutech so it's easy for me to get my hands on those.