Looking to sale a pair of Stratos Mono Blocks

Gary_V

Looking to sale a pair of Stratos Mono Blocks
« on: 15 Nov 2015, 06:29 pm »

Hi, I am looking to sale a pair of Startos standard mono blocks(serial #'s 2304,2308). They are approx. 12 years old, i bought them when they were about 2 years old. I purchased them here on these forums and was hoping i could get a value for them. I have no idea what they are worth, they are in excellent condition. A couple of the light bulbs are out, never bothered to change them. I have had them on a dedicated power circuit, Groneberg Quattro Reference PC's(5ft)are included. They ran a pair of 40 year old  K Horns sense i have had them, and never really felt i needed to upgrade them. Am retiring and moving to a condominium, Any info or suggestions will be appreciated. Have included a few pics

Arcticdeth

Re: Looking to sale a pair of Stratos Mono Blocks
« Reply #1 on: 16 Nov 2015, 10:13 pm »
***** I am very interested!!!    What is your used price.?  Would you please ship these to klaus in Indiana for me???   

I don't want to lowball you price.

Arcticdeth

« Reply #2 on: 16 Nov 2015, 10:18 pm »
This may be my only hope of getting a good pair of odyssey amps.  Please contact me

Thank you

Arcticdeth

« Reply #3 on: 16 Nov 2015, 10:19 pm »
AND, they are in the color I WANT.  SILVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Gary_V

« Reply #4 on: 16 Nov 2015, 11:26 pm »
Arcticdeth check you messages

Arcticdeth

« Reply #5 on: 25 Nov 2015, 05:13 pm »
Thank you, the amps are great Gary!!!!!!! 

The amps I bought from Gary are in near flawless condition, thanks again Gary, very much appreciated.
The world needs more honest people like us, it would be a better place.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #6 on: 25 Nov 2015, 05:24 pm »
I'm glad it worked out for both of you.

Arcticdeth (or Gary),

I don't know much about these older amps. Could you talk about their power, strengths, etc?

Arctic:

What did you replace, and can you share your impressions with these new to you amps?

Thanks,

Michael

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #7 on: 25 Nov 2015, 05:28 pm »
Thank you, the amps are great Gary!!!!!!! 

The amps I bought from Gary are in near flawless condition, thanks again Gary, very much appreciated.
The world needs more honest people like us, it would be a better place.

Congrats!  :thumb:

I finally got my Stratos hooked up to the speakers I've been searching for, Pioneer S-1EX, and using my DIY Tortuga/Aikido tube buffer preamp. The Stratos is exceptional!

Arcticdeth

« Reply #8 on: 25 Nov 2015, 05:38 pm »
I'm glad it worked out for both of you.

Arcticdeth (or Gary),

I don't know much about these older amps. Could you talk about their power, strengths, etc?

Arctic:

What did you replace, and can you share your impressions with these new to you amps?

I didn't listen to them for more than 10 min post first hook up, I put on a cd let them play for several days before I went to listen. They definitely have an airy quality to them, clear, transparent sound, I like the sound quite a bit. There is no muffled bass. bass, mid, treble are all very defined, great separation! 

If these are this nice, I can't even imagine what the Kismets will do, I am so looking forward to the upgrade.

They replaced for now my sunfire 600w signature amp. The sunfire is going in hibernation for now. Unless I feel like making a third system in basement.   

I can't do an honest comparison, as you all know memory for sound is about 30 seconds, so this would not be a fair comparison. I will say the older stratos still sound nice, I have no complaints/regrets at all. I am happy, as t hey do sound very nice. And can throw some volume when asked

Gary_V

« Reply #9 on: 4 Dec 2015, 12:05 am »
Glad you are happy Rusty, and thank you for purchasing my items...

Phil A

« Reply #10 on: 4 Dec 2015, 01:40 am »
They look great