Wild Burro News

ejfud

Wild Burro News
« on: 1 Nov 2018, 01:56 am »
Something new and exciting coming from the Wid Burro folks. Check out Facebook page for coming details.

https://m.facebook.com/Wildburro-Audio-756452797893168/

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Wild Burro News
« Reply #1 on: 1 Nov 2018, 02:05 am »
Great news looks Alnico, its beyond me why it use cheap large area steel frame, less heat dissipation not to mention resonances. No additional info on its site.
« Last Edit: 1 Nov 2018, 04:57 am by FullRangeMan »

Bemopti123

« Reply #2 on: 1 Nov 2018, 02:30 am »
When they get it coming.....they will do.  They are not the quickest in getting things done.  One thing for sure, it will be accessible vs all these ripoff people who charge $$$ just for Alnico label. 

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 1 Nov 2018, 02:56 am »
That is nice. There is many Alnico FR currently than a few years ago,
WB could have go further ahead and do field coil that is rare even today.

ejfud

« Reply #4 on: 1 Nov 2018, 01:22 pm »

This is a pair of field coil Burro’s somewhere in the wild.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 1 Nov 2018, 04:11 pm »
Fantastique, do you can post or PM me more info?

ejfud

« Reply #6 on: 2 Nov 2018, 02:18 am »
I believe they were a one off by Dave Slagle of Intact Audio.

I have no guess where they are today.

dB Cooper

« Reply #7 on: 2 Nov 2018, 02:34 am »
WB could have go further ahead and do field coil that is rare even today.
Classic Audio Loudspeakers (www.classicaudioloudspeakers.com) is one such company, and they do offer a single driver system (click on 'Contemporary line' on their website and scroll down to 'T-7). Sensitivity is not especially high for a single-driver system at 90dB, but it is a single-driver, field-coil system.
Field coils were popular back when commercially produced permanent magnets were extremely expensive and copper was not. They were thus a cost saving measure, not for 'improved sound', but there is this mythos about them in some parts.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 2 Nov 2018, 02:42 am »
I believe they were a one off by Dave Slagle of Intact Audio.

I have no guess where they are today.
Nice, I unknow WB made to order drivers :thumb:

dB Cooper

« Reply #9 on: 2 Nov 2018, 02:46 am »
The Classic audio T-7 is a new offering I think. I haven't seen it before at any rate. I'll try to give them a listen at the show this weekend.

ejfud

« Reply #10 on: 5 Nov 2018, 02:10 am »

Bemopti123

« Reply #11 on: 5 Nov 2018, 02:13 am »
Cheapest alnico fullrangers out there.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=939542246250888&id=756452797893168

Yay.  They need to update their main website with this sort of info instead of FB. 

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: 5 Nov 2018, 02:33 am »
Yay.  They need to update their main website with this sort of info instead of FB.
Iam guessing they dont want inform tech specs in its site.
Not a smart name choice also.

ejfud

« Reply #13 on: 6 Nov 2018, 04:01 pm »
Specifications will be posted once the initial run of drivers is finished.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #14 on: 6 Nov 2018, 10:09 pm »
Great cant wait to see the freq chart.
I mean say the model name ''omega'' already used by Louis at Omega speakers, maybe he could continue with the ecologic theme name, its very friendly.

ejfud

« Reply #15 on: 7 Nov 2018, 03:52 am »
Response chart will look similar to the original Betsy I’m guessing. The new speaker is mostly the same driver but with an alnico magnet.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #16 on: 7 Nov 2018, 04:42 am »
Response chart will look similar to the original Betsy I’m guessing. The new speaker is mostly the same driver but with an alnico magnet.
This not good, a Alnico magnet require other project diferent from Ferrite, the way to design the mobile parts of a Ferrite and Alnico speakers are very different not mentioning the critical VC, according the old school from 1940/50.

D to the g

« Reply #17 on: 14 Nov 2018, 10:04 pm »
This not good, a Alnico magnet require other project diferent from Ferrite, the way to design the mobile parts of a Ferrite and Alnico speakers are very different not mentioning the critical VC, according the old school from 1940/50.

I'm not one to respond to lots of forum posts on my drivers, but I'll make an exception:

Of course we didn't reuse the voicecoil from the ferrite magnet.  We also used a different spider! 

We took what we loved most about the Betsy, and voiced the alnico version appropriately. 

Disclaimer: Wildburro is a spare time | hobby activity.  I try and have fun, meet great people, smile while listen to warm music on cold nights. Hobbies should be fun, right?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #18 on: 15 Nov 2018, 12:08 am »
Looks nice;

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #19 on: 15 Nov 2018, 08:17 pm »
Call me impetuous, but I just ordered a pair of Wild Burro Alnico drivers to try out. The introductory price and ease of setup made for too much temptation.  :D

Michael