Philharmonic BMR Tower speakers

RonN5

Re: Philharmonic BMR Tower speakers
« Reply #20 on: 9 Jan 2024, 02:54 pm »
Rumor has it that the factory making the cabinets supplies many, many of the speaker companies around the world.  Some have noted similarities with the cabinets on Perlisten towers....maybe because their ebony finish looks so similar to the ebony finish on the BMRs???

I've owned Salks and BMRs.  The woodworking and finish on the Salks reminds you of the best furniture cabinetry you have ever seen and something you would be proud to have in your living room.

The BMRs are somewhat different...almost reminding me of a finely finish automobile, super high gloss and appearing to be jointless with their rounded corners and super high gloss.

In both cases, people would walk up to them in my home and just marvel at the finish...different but both fantastic.

I don't have personal experience with the GR Research products...but like Salk and Philarmonic, they also have a great following and a reputation for great products.

To my way of thinking, its not one vs the other....or one better than the other...it is what fits your ear, your room and your eye.

fre11111

• Industry Participant
« Reply #21 on: 9 Jan 2024, 10:44 pm »
I find this odd that the original question was posted here. And now we have people here trying to start something. I hope this topic gets deleted or moved somewhere. I dont think there is any positive coming out of this discussion moving forward. Just my 2 centavos!

jmimac351

• Chief Instructor - ChinTrackDays.com
« Reply #22 on: 10 Jan 2024, 01:35 am »
You posted pictures intending to diss Dennis and his speakers even though you have never heard them. Then you posted a picture showing a crossover that someone built for you for FREE. Just stop the nonsense.

I didn't diss the playa, I'm dissin' the game people playin'...

jmimac351

• Chief Instructor - ChinTrackDays.com
« Reply #23 on: 10 Jan 2024, 02:06 am »
This, I don't get.  Ask any owner] of a Philharmonic what they think of the cabinetry and the answer is always along the lines of gorgeous].

If you don't get it, I can't explain it; however, obviously the guy who puts their speakers together thinks it's relevant.  Maybe someone should tell him to embrace the fact instead of viewing it as a perceived shortcoming.  In fact, maybe they should brag about it, particularly as it helps the margin.

I am glad you like your speakers.  I hope you enjoy them, and I mean that sincerely. 

I like my speakers too... well, most of them.

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/philharmonic-audio-dennis-murphy.1348949/page-806#post-61459549

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #24 on: 10 Jan 2024, 10:52 am »
First of all I am not sure why this query was post in my circle unless there is interest in upgrading them.

The whole thing can be moved to Enclosures if you like, not my call.

snaimpally

« Reply #25 on: 12 Jan 2024, 03:48 am »
This thread would be more appropriate in the Salk Speaker Circle since Dennis designed the crossovers for many Salk speakers and because Salk sold the BMR monitors. How speakers sound is dependent on the environment they are placed in and listener preference. There are plenty of reviews out there on Philharmonic audio speakers. I own the BMR Monitors and the HT Towers (in 2 different rooms) and love them. The advantage of the RAAL and AMT tweeters is that toe-in is not needed to get good imaging and they sound great off-axis.

https://www.salksound.com/model.php?model=BMR+Monitors

ServerAdmin

« Reply #26 on: 12 Jan 2024, 12:47 pm »
The whole thing can be moved to Enclosures if you like, not my call.
Moved to Enclosures.

Rocket

« Reply #27 on: 12 Jan 2024, 02:09 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for moving this to enclosures. I haven't had a pair of Dennis' philharmonic speakers but I've had a few Salk Sound speakers and I really like Jim and Dennis' speaker designs.I've had quite a bit of experience with hifi systems about 40 years and I'd definitely buy a pair from Dennis if required. I have a pair of Salk Sound De Pure 2's and I'm finished upgrading.

Cheers Rod