BCD-3

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
BCD-3
« on: 13 Jan 2018, 11:37 pm »
 Now after about 50 hours of play time  my BCD3 is sounding even better :thumb:. The overall refinement  in this new design creates a fuller sense of harmonic detail over the BCD1. Even at low listening levels subtle details are apparent ....love this new  player. If you still like spinning records you'll find much joy  in this unit .... P.S.....James  so glad this model has a smooth tray . Those metal guide rails make me feel fuzzy inside ..... :lol:....good job Bryston. :dance:

gberger

• Check 6
Re: BCD-3
« Reply #1 on: 4 Feb 2018, 10:18 pm »
I received my BCD-3 early last week. I've been testing its capability            with two versions of the Verdi Requiem: Reiner and Barenboim. Both clearly are different; however, the BCD-3 picks up nuances and instrumental timbres I hadn't previously heard. Additionally, in both Reiner and Barenboim, the voices of the soloists are cleaner, particularly those of the sopranos.

I've run both of my test CDs; however, neither prepared me for the realism I now hear in my collection of 16/44.1 Classical CDs.

My BCD-3 output is to a BP-6C, feeding a 4b sst2 amp, driving Thiel 2.7 speakers with a SS2.2 sub.  Previous CD  "player" was a Cambridge CD transport into a BDA-2.

redbook

« Reply #2 on: 6 Feb 2018, 12:33 am »
 Yes  exactly what I find....nuances and timbes are in abundance on recordings I have  listened to dozens of time and never realized... :thumb:

gberger

• Check 6
« Reply #3 on: 6 Feb 2018, 08:11 pm »
Spent some time listening to the BCD-3 output via my STAX Lambda Pro Electrostatic earphones. I'm now convinced what we hear via the  BCD-3 is limited only by the amplifier / speaker combinations used for playback. IMO, I've never heard anything as clear and as unfettered.

redbook

« Reply #4 on: 6 Feb 2018, 08:23 pm »
Spent some time listening to the BCD-3 output via my STAX Lambda Pro Electrostatic earphones. I'm now convinced what we hear via the  BCD-3 is limited only by the amplifier / speaker combinations used for playback. IMO, I've never heard anything as clear and as unfettered.
...Very good. I am going to  do similar thing with my earphones too AKG 701s...thus by passing amp, speakers and  those room acoustics...good job , nice to know this... :thumb: :beer:

won ton on

« Reply #5 on: 7 Feb 2018, 12:55 am »
redbook     I've had my bcd 3 for about a month and am very pleased so far. I have mine hooked up to both a  bp 26 and a Graham Slee headphone amp directly,with Grado ps 500 phones thou i am looking at some Audeze phones. The loading drawer sure is a lot smoother then the bcd 1 which i still use

redbook

« Reply #6 on: 7 Feb 2018, 02:39 am »
redbook     I've had my bcd 3 for about a month and am very pleased so far. I have mine hooked up to both a  bp 26 and a Graham Slee headphone amp directly,with Grado ps 500 phones thou i am looking at some Audeze phones. The loading drawer sure is a lot smoother then the bcd 1 which i still use
....This drawer is a dream. Having a loader that is so well made enhances my sense of confidence that  this player ( BCD3) is a very high standard device....(so sick of the plasticy sound of so many previous drawers....) :thumb:

gberger

• Check 6
« Reply #7 on: 7 Feb 2018, 02:50 am »
Well, at my "tender age," I expect the loading drawer to last me a lifetime.

redbook

« Reply #8 on: 7 Feb 2018, 05:15 am »
Well, at my "tender age," I expect the loading drawer to last me a lifetime.
............. :lol: :thumb:

gberger

• Check 6
« Reply #9 on: 7 Feb 2018, 03:05 pm »
Well, I still have a couple of LPs with Kitty Wells.