James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com

now25

Re: BDP FIRMWARE UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2017, 02:50 pm »
http://mailchi.mp/bryston/big-updates-for-your-bdp?e=9f8712fb6f

Thanks. Just updated. Why are some of the album covers missing now when they were previously displayed after I enabled the Bryston DB and Scraper? All my covers are stored as folder.jpg

Ola_S

« Reply #2 on: 28 Sep 2017, 02:53 pm »
I'm missing the field "Enable Music Scraper" under the field "Enable Bryston DB" (which is checked), instead there is a text saying "To enable Bryston API user space must use ext, Check Disk Information". I have an internal 500GB SSD set as scratch drive. What should I do?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2017, 03:26 pm »
Hi

Updated mine - all is fine - Tidal working great.

Dan

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #4 on: 28 Sep 2017, 03:27 pm »
I'm missing the field "Enable Music Scraper" under the field "Enable Bryston DB" (which is checked), instead there is a text saying "To enable Bryston API user space must use ext, Check Disk Information". I have an internal 500GB SSD set as scratch drive. What should I do?

It has nothing to do with the scratch drive, the user space in the internal flash is using fat32 rather then ext.  If you have any playlists or settings you want to backup you can do so by connecting to the network share labelled "user" and copying them to your computer.  perform a reset to factory or reset global settings and the user space should be updated to use ext and at this point you can copy your files back over if needed.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #5 on: 28 Sep 2017, 03:28 pm »
Thanks. Just updated. Why are some of the album covers missing now when they were previously displayed after I enabled the Bryston DB and Scraper? All my covers are stored as folder.jpg

do you recall which version of the firmware you had updated from?

Ola_S

« Reply #6 on: 28 Sep 2017, 04:36 pm »
It has nothing to do with the scratch drive, the user space in the internal flash is using fat32 rather then ext.  If you have any playlists or settings you want to backup you can do so by connecting to the network share labelled "user" and copying them to your computer.  perform a reset to factory or reset global settings and the user space should be updated to use ext and at this point you can copy your files back over if needed.
That fixed the problem, no idea why it was ext however. Thanks Chris!  :D

Gerard

« Reply #7 on: 28 Sep 2017, 05:10 pm »
Because my previous post at another topic about my problem was little bit out of topic, again here my cry for help :!: :

After updating to 2.36, which seemed to be successful, after a next boot i received a error message 09. Even after disconnecting a flashdrive i used as scratch drive the error persisted. I see that my BDA-2 initially got a 48k LOCK so Linux seems to be starting. My system had 2.34 before the update and everything worked fine!
After the suggestion of James to disconnect all drives, i also opened my BDP-2 and disconnected the internal SSD too. But again error code 09. My display shows this:

BDP2 000246               ERROR 09
R03.0 2012-11-27               166

Please, any suggestions?
Regards, Gerard

Gerard

« Reply #8 on: 28 Sep 2017, 06:56 pm »
I read in BDP-2 Firmware Update manual that possibly my CF-card got for some reason corrupted and I should re-flash the card.
Quote:
"If your BDP display shows Error 09, the internal flash card which contains the firmware may have
been corrupted. Manually flash the internal Compact Flash card to Manic Moose per this link.
http://support.bryston.com/downloads/BDP/BDP%20Manual%20Manic%20Moose%20Install.pdf"

Could that be the case?
Should I flash the file manicmoose2.img with Win32 Disk Imager on my Windows computer?
Or is there another way????
Hope to play music again tonight!!!

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #9 on: 28 Sep 2017, 07:24 pm »
I read in BDP-2 Firmware Update manual that possibly my CF-card got for some reason corrupted and I should re-flash the card.
Quote:
"If your BDP display shows Error 09, the internal flash card which contains the firmware may have
been corrupted. Manually flash the internal Compact Flash card to Manic Moose per this link.
http://support.bryston.com/downloads/BDP/BDP%20Manual%20Manic%20Moose%20Install.pdf"

Could that be the case?
Should I flash the file manicmoose2.img with Win32 Disk Imager on my Windows computer?
Or is there another way????
Hope to play music again tonight!!!

its the cf card, the system board or the serial cable (shown in the BDP-2 manual, goes from mainboard to the front of the unit).

Chris

Gerard

« Reply #10 on: 28 Sep 2017, 07:27 pm »
I did already check the serial cable and it seems fine and firmly connected.

I think it is my CF-card
Should i re-flash my CF-card with the file "firmware20140430.bin" i used previously for upgrading to MM (but then through update firmware within BDP-2)?
Can i use the older Win32DiskImager for that on my Windows 10 computer?
And how can i change the fat32 format to ext needed for Bryston API user space to work?
Hope to hear from you soon!
Regards, Gerard

« Last Edit: 28 Sep 2017, 09:01 pm by Gerard »

now25

« Reply #11 on: 29 Sep 2017, 01:09 am »
do you recall which version of the firmware you had updated from?

Updated from 2.34. Thanks

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #12 on: 29 Sep 2017, 01:24 am »
Nice job on the update, good integration with Tidal.   

Thank you!!

nfreemer

Jpktenere

« Reply #13 on: 29 Sep 2017, 01:52 am »
So I did the update seems to be working.... but in the artist view I only have my .flac files there it did not bring in my .wav files on the left hand side when I go back to default view I can see all my .wav files and they play just fine? Did I miss a setting or dose artist only work with flac? 2/3 of my music is wav.......

Hoiman

« Reply #14 on: 29 Sep 2017, 05:39 am »
I also did the update (from 2.34 to 2.36) and what struck me is that when a list of music is played in random mode, it plays a lot of the same artist.
I mean with this that for example I have artist A, B, C and D in one list. First it plays a lot of artist A then a lot of music from artist C etc.. 
Before it played one song of A then another one of C and  then another one of D, with other words really at random, now it looks like this isn't the case anymore. I will try it again this afternoon.

bobf

« Reply #15 on: 29 Sep 2017, 04:19 pm »
http://mailchi.mp/bryston/big-updates-for-your-bdp?e=9f8712fb6f
Firmware update went without a hitch with BDP3.
I enabled Bryston DB and Artist Scraper but am not getting any Artist Scraper output. Is there something else I need to do?
Thanks

BSMSPEMBA

« Reply #16 on: 29 Sep 2017, 09:55 pm »
Chris,

I am repeatedly receiving the error "TIDAL, User not allowed on premium client" after updating the firmware.  By repeatedly, I mean that it appears nonstop on the screen.  Even after one errors times out or I click the x, multiple errors come back (please see image).

Any suggestions on how to stop this error from appearing?  To help with the diagnosis, I used to have a TIDAL account, but no longer.

Thank you

BSMSPEMBA

« Reply #17 on: 29 Sep 2017, 09:59 pm »
Chris,

I am repeatedly receiving the error "TIDAL, User not allowed on premium client" after updating the firmware.  By repeatedly, I mean that it appears nonstop on the screen.  Even after one errors times out or I click the x, multiple errors come back (please see image).

Any suggestions on how to stop this error from appearing?  To help with the diagnosis, I used to have a TIDAL account, but no longer.

Well... I should have watched further in the What's New video.  I figured it out, after I saw the section on setting for the Media Player.

Media Player Settings
TIDAL
Erase user and password
Save

No more error messages.

Thank you

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #18 on: 1 Oct 2017, 01:22 am »
Hi Mark,

"Finally enjoying the BDP/BDA combination as a result of the new software interface. 

One suggestion for Bryston, add some colour to the background screen! But really this is such an enhancement over the past when I would just give up trying to use the software.

Tell James, job well done and to keep up the good work."

Audio by Mark Jones

Tympani

« Reply #19 on: 2 Oct 2017, 06:19 pm »
I am getting a "Bryston DB File Crash" notice with the upgrade. Did I do something wrong when enabling Bryston Database?

Also, is this upgrade of limited value if all my files are either WAV or DSF? Does it enhance processing of files/functionality, not just viewing.

Thanks