How to get the best imaging from NXtremes?

OleScottieboy

How to get the best imaging from NXtremes?
« on: 19 Nov 2020, 05:49 pm »
      Hi guys ,
   I was wondering if yall more experienced DIYers, could give any pointers on how to set up my newly built NXtremes for best imaging? My room is 13x 26. I also have two duel 12 servo subs.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Re: How to get the best imaging from NXtremes?
« Reply #1 on: 20 Nov 2020, 12:36 am »
Pull them at least 3 feet into the room, but the further into the room you can pull them the better.

Also look into absorption panels at the reflection point, and. diffusion panels behind the speakers.

Ron at New Record Day has a great video about loud speaker placement thats 1000% worth checking out.
https://youtu.be/CyTkwkK8ON0

Hope that helps!
The NX+Tremes are absolutely incredible speakers and will handle anything & everything with ease. :thumb:

RonP

« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov 2020, 02:02 am »
Ron at New Record Day has a great video about loud speaker placement thats 1000% worth checking out.
https://youtu.be/CyTkwkK8ON0

+1 for LOTS

DigIndig

« Reply #3 on: 22 Nov 2020, 03:50 am »
      Hi guys ,
   I was wondering if yall more experienced DIYers, could give any pointers on how to set up my newly built NXtremes for best imaging? My room is 13x 26. I also have two duel 12 servo subs.

As the earlier poster said, get them out into the room and away from any immediate reflections. You can experiment with pointing them straight out into the room or slightly toed in ( you may find your prefer one over the other).

After that, you really need to tackle the acoustics of your room. It's not as simple as "for this size room, do x, y, and z." Rather, you need to deal with hard and soft surfaces, windows, irregularities that may affect the sound, and anything else that makes the room unique. Yes, the Extremes will need treatment behind them for the best sound, but you may also need to tame standing bass waves, add acoustic panels, curtains, dffusers, or other items to the walls, or even put down throw rugs if you have hardwood floors. If the ceilings are low, you may need to look up as well. The best advice is to do lots of research both on how to diagnose your room, but also on the various techniques to address problems.

Good luck!