Dan's Room and CES info

Marco Prozzo

Re: Dan's Room and CES info
« Reply #40 on: 15 Jan 2009, 12:14 am »
Marco,
Welcome to the Circle.  Dan speaks highly of you!!  I asked Jessica if anyone had taken a picture of her; she said that a few had.   :D

Thank you, Ted.  The admiration is mutual.  I've really enjoyed getting to know Dan over the years and even more so since he's become a client.  He's good people, honest and true.  I won't bore you with the story, but years ago he did something that demonstrated a peerless degree of integrity.  I never forgot that, and knew then, as I know now, that that is how he conducts himself always...he did not hesitate, ask questions, or falter, he just did what was right.  I have great respect for that in a person, and try my best to do the same.  He just happens to be a very talented audio designer as well, so aren't we all lucky.   

Jessica, as you probably gleaned from meeting her, is a lovely person, both in pictures and in person.  Here's a pic of Jessica - probably one of many taken there:

Marco Prozzo

« Reply #41 on: 15 Jan 2009, 12:24 am »
Marco - great photographs thanks for posting, room looks great.  My snaps never turn out like this, which camera did you use?

Thank you, Philistine.  I use a Nikon D700, which is an outstanding tool, and especially excels in low-light/high ISO/low-noise, making it ideal for the low light of the hotel rooms there.  Just like any tool, much like a hammer for example, it's not the hammer but the person who's swinging it.  The right tool does make the job that much easier though, as long as you know how to use it well. The tricky thing about the photographs in the room is balancing three widely differing light sources (Daylight from the window, incandescent light of the room, and the two flashes I was using with my camera).  If I was doing this as an architectural shoot there would be much more time allotted and we would have dragged in way more lighting gear. As it was we had about an hour before the room opened to the public so I had to work fast and the D700 did make that task easier.  There are many fine cameras out there now though, that's just the one I prefer. 

Marco Prozzo

« Reply #42 on: 15 Jan 2009, 12:29 am »
I just wanted to thank Marco Prozzo personally for taking such great photos for us!  Marco does all of our ad work, photography and graphic art and design.  www.marcoprozzo.com.
Dan W.

My pleasure, Dan!  Thanks.

rpf

« Reply #43 on: 15 Jan 2009, 12:32 am »
Great pics, Marco, thank you. And welcome to the forum.

Rob

rydenfan

« Reply #44 on: 15 Jan 2009, 12:46 am »

Rob

+1

modwright

« Reply #45 on: 15 Jan 2009, 12:54 am »
Here are some more pics courtesy of Dave and Carol at Positive Feedback Online.

Thanks,

Dan W.

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #46 on: 15 Jan 2009, 01:21 am »
Awesome... those amps are sexy and the room is superb.   

modwright

« Reply #47 on: 15 Jan 2009, 01:32 am »
Thanks Kevin, the amps were very well received at the show.

Dan

cryoparts

« Reply #48 on: 15 Jan 2009, 01:38 am »
I bet, I stuck my head in your room a couple of times to say hi, but you were busy both times-a great sign!

The whole stack of Modwright gear looks great!

Peace,

Lee

Thanks Kevin, the amps were very well received at the show.

Dan

kenreau

« Reply #49 on: 15 Jan 2009, 02:35 pm »

Rob

+1

That looks fantastic!  Great job.

kenreau

rydenfan

« Reply #50 on: 15 Jan 2009, 03:05 pm »
I love the slender, sleek, sexy brunette I mean amp   :lol:

Bostonbean

« Reply #51 on: 15 Jan 2009, 03:32 pm »
What speakers are those?  Can anyone tell me?  Thanks

Bostonbean

« Reply #52 on: 15 Jan 2009, 03:35 pm »
Never mind.  Found name and price...yikes!

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #53 on: 15 Jan 2009, 05:05 pm »
I commented to Dan that his father-in-law ought to get together with someone like Ethan (Realtraps) and produce a killer combo of great functionality and art.   High WAF.

I love the floor.  What a great look.

Actually have them contact me. I would be VERY interested in talking with them.  aa

Glenn

arthurs

« Reply #54 on: 15 Jan 2009, 05:18 pm »
I commented to Dan that his father-in-law ought to get together with someone like Ethan (Realtraps) and produce a killer combo of great functionality and art.   High WAF.

Actually have them contact me. I would be VERY interested in talking with them.  aa

Glenn

and I would be VERY interested in being a Beta Customer.... aa

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #55 on: 15 Jan 2009, 05:22 pm »

Glenn

Your going to need to stand in line.... Ines (the GF) would be first...

:bowdown: :bowdown:

modwright

« Reply #56 on: 15 Jan 2009, 06:37 pm »
Hi guys and thank you all.  I will be sure that Jessica sees her picture and receives her due complements also.  For the record, Jessica is 17....just wanted to clarify ;).  She is a great worker and we value her contributions to the show very much.  Her wholesome beauty and smile only add to the great sound and overall presentation of our room.

Carol and her husband Stephen Yates (The Artist) are monitoring this site and will be posting soon.  Please feel free to contact ModWright directly for now and I will be sure that you receive the contact information.  They are finalizing their website.

Sincerely,

Dan W.

arthurs

« Reply #57 on: 15 Jan 2009, 06:37 pm »

Glenn

Your going to need to stand in line.... Ines (the GF) would be first...

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Yeah, I can't compete..... :lol:

ArtistYates

« Reply #58 on: 15 Jan 2009, 11:33 pm »
Hi guys and thank you all.  I will be sure that Jessica sees her picture and receives her due complements also.  For the record, Jessica is 17....just wanted to clarify ;).  She is a great worker and we value her contributions to the show very much.  Her wholesome beauty and smile only add to the great sound and overall presentation of our room.

Carol and her husband Stephen Yates (The Artist) are monitoring this site and will be posting soon.  Please feel free to contact ModWright directly for now and I will be sure that you receive the contact information.  They are finalizing their website.

Sincerely,

Dan W.

Hello Dan and everyone on AudioCircle-

We would like to thank you, Dan, for the opportunity to exhibit our new Art and Acoustics wall panels at CES.  Special thanks as well to Karl Schuemann of AudioMachina. The music played in the room whether vinyl or CD, sounded so pure that one could believe the music was live! Everyone visiting the suite seemed to be impressed with the great new addition to the ModWright Instruments line, the Amplifier, as well as the rest of the ModWright audio equipment in the stack.  The sleek, modern design and pure sound of the speakers from AudioMachina was a joy to the ear and eye.

We would like anyone interested to view the galleries on our website at www.artandacoustics.com.  Be sure to click on ENTER at the bottom featured photo to view the Art and Acoustics custom art panel possibilities. Each of the four galleries has a related front page photo navigating the same way with the ENTER link.

If you are interested in related art work for your listening rooms, boardrooms or homes, www.stephenyatesart.com may offer you a dynamic, elegant gallery to view.

Marco Prozzo's beautiful photos of the Venetian Tower suite we all shared at CES are so enjoyable to look at.  Thank you for joining the circle and posting these for all who were unable to attend.

Jessica is so deserving of our thanks as she cheerfully greeted all visitors to the suite and distributed many brochures and ModWright bags.  She was professional and a pleasure to work with.  Her many fans have voted her "Miss CES"! 

Sincerely,

Stephen & Carole Y.
Stephen@artandacoustics.com     

JAMn Joe

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.jamnaudio.com
« Reply #59 on: 16 Jan 2009, 12:31 am »
Sure you can compete Art, you have more leg to show :lol: :rotflmao: