Does full volume = bypass pot on One.2?

passingthrough

• "An audiophile and his money are soon parted."
Does full volume = bypass pot on One.2?
« on: 15 Aug 2012, 03:30 pm »
I know Seth is busy with the relaunch so thought I'd post this to the group.  I read an old post that full volume on the One.2 should be the same as bypassing the stepped attenuator in terms of sound quality and direct signal path, and was hoping to confirm that's the case.

If someone can confirm or deny that full on volume with the stock attenuator = bypassed volume, that would be appreciated.

On a side note, I'm also considering replacing the attentuator with a Goldpoint 20K unit and likely then not needing to worry about bypassing the attenuator for improved sound quality.  I'd welcome any thoughts or advice on that as well. 

Thanks!

mboxler

Re: Does full volume = bypass pot on One.2?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Aug 2012, 04:14 pm »
I don't own one, but if I read the manual correctly, this is not true.  You can only bypass the pot by moving the pot bypass jumpers.  Full volume will only simulate the bypass, but does not bypass the pot.

Mike

ismarketing

Re: Does full volume = bypass pot on One.2?
« Reply #2 on: 15 Aug 2012, 05:03 pm »
Bypassing the volume with the jumpers took the sound of my 2.2 up a noticeable notch.  Sounds more open.  I'm controlling volume with a modded EAD Ovation processor.

If you have a quality option for controlling volume other than the 2.2, bypassing the pot is worth a shot.

Good luck