Another X-LS Encore question - Dual subs?

DThor

Re: Another X-LS Encore question - Dual subs?
« Reply #40 on: 21 Mar 2020, 01:15 am »
I like your approach of putting a sealed servo sub under the X-LS Encore.  I also don't think I have the space for OB subs.  I'm considering putting sealed servo subs under NX Studio Monitors.  Are you still happy with your results?  Would you recommend anything anything different?

Sonicjoy

« Reply #41 on: 21 Mar 2020, 01:32 pm »
Birkbot very nice job! I hope it sounds as good as it looks. Seems like you made the best out of the space you had to work with.

Some day you will likely have a room better suited to audio. I think most of us that have been at this a while have been in your position. I finally have a (mostly) dedicated listening room, and that has probably been the biggest improvement to my listening enjoyment that I have made. I can now set up the room as needed for best performance and not worrying about decor and multi use functionality so much.

Again great job!

Sonicjoy

« Reply #42 on: 21 Mar 2020, 01:53 pm »
DThor

I like your approach of putting a sealed servo sub under the X-LS Encore.  I also don't think I have the space for OB subs.  I'm considering putting sealed servo subs under NX Studio Monitors.  Are you still happy with your results?  Would you recommend anything anything different?

Unless you really don't have the space I would not put the subs under the Studio's. It's best if subs can be moved around the room to find the location that sounds the best. With that being said I have found that in my room and system that I do prefer the subs next to the speakers. Keeping them separate allows you more options for fine tuning the bass because quite often the best location for the speakers is not the best for the subs. Just something to think about.

DThor

« Reply #43 on: 21 Mar 2020, 11:25 pm »
Thanks Sonicjoy.  Very good point.  I will plan on putting the Studios on stands.  That way I can experiment with placement of the subs.