STA-100 review by John Ransley from Totallywired

rustydoglim

STA-100 review by John Ransley from Totallywired
« on: 15 May 2023, 07:44 pm »
The goal of STA-100 is to redefine entry-level high-end amps. I think we accomplished that.

https://totallywired.nz/nuprime-2/nuprime-sta-100/

AllanS

Re: STA-100 review by John Ransley from Totallywired
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2023, 02:01 am »
Congrats!  It’s an intriguing amp and I’m happy to see it get a nice write up.

whydontumarryit

• Restricted
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2023, 10:19 pm »
The goal of STA-100 is to redefine entry-level high-end amps. I think we accomplished that.

https://totallywired.nz/nuprime-2/nuprime-sta-100/

Never considering class d the topping la90 discrete is something that deserved a second look. Questionable support and product dependability are still issues, though. What are the pluses for the nuprime comparing curcuit topology to the topping if there are differences. I see about a 50% premium for the nuprime over the topping, the question is will yours last longer than 2 years. Topping, as you may know, has made a few novice manufacturing decisions.

Price in CAD to my door?

rustydoglim

« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2023, 04:38 pm »
I never directly compare with competitors; that's the job of reviewers and customers.
As many know, Nuprime doesn't sell directly unless the product is in clearance status.
Please contact the distributors on our website because we really have no idea about the price plus shipping to Canada.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #4 on: 17 May 2023, 06:29 pm »
Never considering class d the topping la90 discrete is something that deserved a second look. Questionable support and product dependability are still issues, though. What are the pluses for the nuprime comparing curcuit topology to the topping if there are differences. I see about a 50% premium for the nuprime over the topping, the question is will yours last longer than 2 years. Topping, as you may know, has made a few novice manufacturing decisions.

Price in CAD to my door?

Other than my being a Nuprime owner, I have no connection to this company. I have owned a few different Nuprime components since the first one I bought in 2013(?). Not once have my Nuprime components failed. My oldest Nuprime component is an IDA-8 integrated amp that I purchased in <I think> 2014. My son has it now, but it still works just fine. I consider Nuprime high quality and reasonably priced. I have no experience with the Topping amp. Nuprime is not a Chinese company.

Talk to John Casler. He's my Nuprime dealer. He'll take good care of you. Five-Star recommendation!

Michael

rustydoglim

« Reply #5 on: 17 May 2023, 06:46 pm »
Regarding failures, I would say Nuprime has our fair share of "screw-up" occasionally. Anyone in this business will know that nobody has a perfect record. You can have a good run for some time, then something terrible happens, defective parts or some design error that QC missed. If you are transparent online like we do here in this forum, a few customers complain loudly; then people think it is all bad.
What we learned more than 15 years in this business is that the long-term track record and customer service are what keep us in business.