Is Spatial Audio Adding A New Product Line?

RonN5

Is Spatial Audio Adding A New Product Line?
« on: 13 May 2023, 07:40 pm »
It looks like there may be a new amp and preamp that could come to market that are the brainchild of a Don Sachs/Lynn Olson collaboration which will be built and marketed by Spatial Audio. 

Here is just one statement from Don in the thread I linked below.

Spatial Audio Labs will keep a wait list and they will have to decide on whether there is a deposit required, final pricing, etc...   Once we have it all ironed out there will be an announcement on the Spatial Audio Labs site.  First the official unveiling of the prototypes at the Seattle show on June 23.

The thread is worth the read.

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/300b-lovers?utm_campaign=website&utm_medium=email&utm_source=sendgrid

mvalentiner

Re: Is Spatial Audio Adding A New Product Line?
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2023, 12:50 pm »
Very interesting! Most of the technical stuff is over my head, but yes, very worthwhile.

richidoo

« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2023, 03:44 pm »
Thats a great thread!

Im excited about a fully balanced, Sachsified Karna2 becoming commercially available soon!

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2023, 06:03 pm »
Sigh. Prior to Don’s announcement that he would be creating these works of art, I had foolishly decided that I had finished diving deeper into the rabbit hole. I should have known better.  :nono: I’m officially on the waiting list for a pair of the mono amps and new preamp.  :banana piano: :beer: :bounce:

In case anyone is interested, I’ve already located a buyer for my Kootenay 120. I’ll probably sell one of my Model 2 preamps.

I’ve already bought sacks of Quickrete to seal the rabbit hole once the mono amps are in my possession.  :thumb:

RonN5

« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2023, 06:19 pm »
I know nothing has been announced yet but do you have even a remote ballpark idea of the price of the new amps and preamps...and are you thinking then that they are going to be coming from Spatial?

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #5 on: 14 May 2023, 06:55 pm »
Don mentioned the neighborhood of $12 - $15K. 

mresseguie

« Reply #6 on: 14 May 2023, 07:07 pm »

Yup. That's my best guess at this point. Final production costs/prices haven't been announced yet, but I suspect we'll know for certain by the time PAF begins. I began squirreling away extra cash a few months ago and I'll sell off some excess gear now that I'm back in the States again.

Early B.

« Reply #7 on: 14 May 2023, 08:01 pm »

One can expect a commercial offering to be at least 2 times higher than a direct sales price. If Spatial decides to make the mono chassis prettier (which they should) and with a retailer's markup, the final cost may be justifiably higher (I'll wager an introductory price of $19,995) and eventually bundled options with Spatial's top-tier speakers. Such pricing would still be significantly lower than the competitors. Plus, the ramp-up costs will be huge since the premium parts would need to be purchased in bulk and stored. And all of us know from experience that delays are inevitable, so don't expect these amps to roll off the assembly line a week after their debut. Maybe 1st or 2nd quarter 2024??   

Daryl Zero

« Reply #8 on: 15 May 2023, 12:24 am »
Kinda funny no one is actually mentioning Spatial Audio Lab's new product which they've called the Q6 in their announcement about Pacific Audio Fest although I don't know how it's going to sound with a red cape over it.

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=185923.0

Cloud.sessions

• Industry Participant
« Reply #9 on: 15 May 2023, 03:51 am »
Hi guys,

First, I’d like to say thank you everyone for all the support that we’ve received through this time. We have incredible customers and our first priority is the continuing production of the X4. It’s been great to get back to speaker building. We will have everyone who has been waiting on the order list completed by the end of May/ early June.
A positive from all of this is the downtime allowed us to get into the lab and come up with new products and ideas to push the envelope. First of which was the X4 ultra. one of our technicians when building up his personal X4 went all out on the crossover and it was pretty remarkable the difference. This got us to test a bunch of top shelf components and find the absolute best that we could offer our customers.
Second was an affordable range to replace the sapphires. This was a tall task as the sapphires are my baby. But we are seriously impressed in what this wide brand driver can do in an open baffle configuration. It begins with the Q6 and we will be expanding upon it with more models in the future.
We’re also working on another line that has been years in the making that will be above the X series and is a personal favorite of mine 😉. More news in the future!

Lastly we’re going to be producing the Don Sachs and Lynn Olsen 300b amplifier and preamp. These are very special and we’ve never heard anything like them, They are ineffable. Early B hit the nail on the head. We are going to be redesigning the case to bring the looks up to as good as they sound. We won’t do anything crazy and make a $10k case (cough, cough western electric 91E)  as we want as many people to be able to experience it as possible. But it will still be purdy! Don will also be flying out for a week to train myself and our technicians on the design and build. We are hoping to be in full production for Q4 of 2023, or Q1 of 2024.
We get the finished mono block design in a week or so and we’re all extremely excited 😊. We’re privileged to bring these to market as these components deserve to be heard!!

newzooreview

« Reply #10 on: 15 May 2023, 03:11 pm »
Congratulations. This is terrific news and lots to look forward to!

bernardo

« Reply #11 on: 21 May 2023, 07:32 pm »
"We’re also working on another line that has been years in the making that will be above the X series and is a personal favorite of mine 😉. More news in the future!"

Anyway you can throw us a little more info here?

dvican

« Reply #12 on: 22 May 2023, 12:40 am »
hmm, 4x12" OOXOO ?  one can always dream, drool...

NoahH

« Reply #13 on: 22 May 2023, 01:48 am »
When do you expect to open up orders on the new amps?

Whitestix

« Reply #14 on: 3 Jun 2023, 10:38 pm »
Gents,
I got the first pre-production pair of Don/Lynn's 300b monos and started a thread on AG entitled "300b lovers" with my comments on them.  I have had Don's original preamp and still have his DS2 as well as his Kootenai KT88 amp.  The new monos are simply the finest amps I have ever heard.  I hope some of you will come to the Seattle Audio show to hear his new creations as well as the new Spatials, which I just heard of on this forum.  I have the Spatial M4 Triode Masters and they sing with these 300b monos and my soon-to-arrive Cube Audio Jazzon speakers are certain to perform at their best with the 300b monos.

mresseguie

« Reply #15 on: 4 Jun 2023, 12:16 am »
With luck, Don will have my 300B mono amps and his new preamp finished by August (but my fingers are crossed for July!). I’ve reserved a room for Friday and Saturday nights, so I’ll be at PAF all three days. I’m looking forward to meeting you, and seeing Don again after so many years.

See you soon!

Michael

Daryl Zero

« Reply #16 on: 4 Jun 2023, 01:40 am »
I will be there as well. Can't wait to hear the monoblocks.

geerock

« Reply #17 on: 4 Jun 2023, 11:26 am »
I'm also waiting on the monos and new pre, but meanwhile I'm astounded at what I'm hearing from Don's 300b stereo unit.  Tried a few tube combos and have found a set up I really like....in fact I've never heard anything that performs like this amp.  Also, I've never heard a piece of equipment react so differently to power cords.  (I know guys, I've heard it all before about how PC's and cables don't make a difference.  But it's Sunday.  It's early.  And I'm getting too old to argue.  So pull in your claws and fight with someone else please.  And let my old demented mind think I hear a difference.)  Anyway, changing PC's was like having another control over dynamics and soundstage.  A very large change with every cord I tried.  Finally settled on a winner (at least for me) and I'm presently listening to the finest system I've had in my home.  And one of the finest systems I've ever heard anywhere.
Happy listening.

mresseguie

« Reply #18 on: 4 Jun 2023, 02:02 pm »
I'm also waiting on the monos and new pre, but meanwhile I'm astounded at what I'm hearing from Don's 300b stereo unit.  Tried a few tube combos and have found a set up I really like....in fact I've never heard anything that performs like this amp.  Also, I've never heard a piece of equipment react so differently to power cords.  (I know guys, I've heard it all before about how PC's and cables don't make a difference.  But it's Sunday.  It's early.  And I'm getting too old to argue.  So pull in your claws and fight with someone else please.  And let my old demented mind think I hear a difference.)  Anyway, changing PC's was like having another control over dynamics and soundstage.  A very large change with every cord I tried.  Finally settled on a winner (at least for me) and I'm presently listening to the finest system I've had in my home.  And one of the finest systems I've ever heard anywhere.
Happy listening.

Inquiring and quite possibly equally demented <and very clawless> minds want to know which tubes you tried and which PCs you electrified. I'll happily accept a PM if you're concerned about the undemented clawing up this nice thread.  8)

Michael

geerock

« Reply #19 on: 4 Jun 2023, 07:51 pm »
Inquiring and quite possibly equally demented <and very clawless> minds want to know which tubes you tried and which PCs you electrified. I'll happily accept a PM if you're concerned about the undemented clawing up this nice thread.  8)

Michael
Hi Michael
I had been sitting on a couple quads of Shuguang Dawning series WE300B Plus tubes for a few years in anticipation of building my own 300b.  Of course, that factory burned soon after I got those, plus I was a big fan of the Dawning we6sn7plus so I had a quad of those.  I used them in the Sachs pre.  In Don's 300b I use the Dawning 300b's.  They've beat out the PSVANE Acme, the Linlai WE 300b, and the Gold Lions.  I have a quad of Linlai Elite 300b that are an excellent tube also.  They, like the Dawnings, have about a 25% higher emission rate and Don's amp seems to respond to that.  The Dawnings just are a bit more to my liking but the Elites are no slouch either. Great dynamics, especially in the bass, and huge soundstage, along with very balanced and natural mids and highs.  Never heard an amp so lifelike in its re-production.  Another guy who has one of the very few stereo units loves the Linlai reproduction we300b's.
As for PC?  I tried stuff I already owned.  I'm not a guy who is going to spend 2500 or 3500 for a power cord.  I've had good luck with value priced pc's.  I started with an Anticable 2.  It was ok.  Then the Anticable 3.  Huge change in the base response with there actually being too much for me.  Then I tried a Wireworld (don't remember the model) and it was too bloated in the midrange.  Next up a High Fidelity Cable CT2.  Nice cable but a bit clinical.  A bit of sibilance and edge on the high end.  Then I tried a Morrow series 4 that I had relegated to powering a sub because I never liked it in anything else.  And BANG!.....that was it.  It had everything that I was looking for.  My nephew brought over a couple of his pcs that were both 3 times the cost of the Morrow and he even agreed the Morrow checked all the boxes.  The change in all of them was so evident I was very surprised .  Never heard a PC change a piece of equipment like that.  It was immediate and obvious.
Anyway...the tube array is Linlai Elite 6sn7s.  Dawning 300b plus.  And a delightful quad of NOS TungSol 6v6 black glass from the 40's that I had in my collection.