Cabasse Dinghy 221 drivers

Paolo Foggiato

• Money comes and goes. Years just go
Re: Cabasse Dinghy 221 drivers
« Reply #20 on: 11 Feb 2023, 06:02 pm »
200 euros just for the drivers of course…

Paolo Foggiato

« Reply #21 on: 11 Feb 2023, 06:04 pm »
200 euros just for the drivers of course

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
« Reply #22 on: 11 Feb 2023, 06:20 pm »
Ah, the BD-Pipe. An early ML-Voigt, each with a pair of Radio Shack 40-1197 (aka FE103) started me out on the full-range single driver journey. $40 for the drivers.

Since these days the numbe of successful designs and FR drivers you can put into them has exploded. Probably at least a 100-fold.

Bert’s design was a good guess, but modern design tools allow for much better, optimized quarter-wave designs (aks TLs in the broadest sense).

FE108e∑ was mentioned, here an ML-Voigt for it that drags a lot of bass out of a driver that it is hard to do so with.

Scott & I have churned out 100s of designs, the above just one.

dave

Paolo Foggiato

« Reply #23 on: 11 Feb 2023, 08:12 pm »
VERY, very , very interesting Dave.
So you think it could fit a FE108 ?

Have you a project complete with the measurements?

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
« Reply #24 on: 11 Feb 2023, 08:37 pm »
So you think it could fit a FE108 ?

Have you a project complete with the measurements?

It was specifically designed for FE108e∑ & FF105wk. It was a comminssion for a cliet in ON, and as usual gets moved into the paid plansets. Currently runs to 8 sheets, 18mm and ¾” plans so far (haven’t done a cut sheet for that last). As more copies are distributed it will grow, with things like that cut-sheet, 15mm plans, and as much as we can do to make your project successful.

There is also a larger one for FF165wk.

Keep in mind that the FE108e∑ is not that neutral but it sounds lovely. The FF105wk is more neutral but has a few small issues that can be minimized with a few fairly eay teaks. Don’t bother listening to them until you have a 100 hrs or so of low-level changing signal (music is good, ie FM station).

email me for more info.

dave

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #25 on: 12 Feb 2023, 12:27 am »
I hate the idea of an equalization circuit
+1.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #26 on: 12 Feb 2023, 12:32 am »
I’ve take the way of the large band speakers to avoid the xover…
There is various Full Range drivers that dont need a correction electric circuit as Lii Audio F15 or F18, the F18 dont need a sub also, I like simple projects as these below>
https://www.lii-audio.com/product/one-pair-18-inch-full-range-speakers-superb-scale-soundstage-with-new-imaging-f-18/
Eminence Alpha15A + 4.7mH + Visaton B200:

Decware OB with the Lii Audio F15 driver:

If one have a woodworker is possible try the Lii Audio F15($399/Pair) 97dB/8Ω and benign impedance curve suited to OB or Bass Reflex box or the F18($520/pair), no Crossover, no Tweeter beaming, no Phase rotation, no driver sensitivity loss, no Harmonics loss, no Retail price.
http://www.glowinthedarkaudio.com/lii-audio-f18.html