Maestro Review...

Craig Chase

Maestro Review...
« on: 5 Sep 2004, 04:37 pm »
We are conducting a full review on the Maestro subwoofer. A thread is open on Home Theater Forum in the speakers and subwoofers section.

The subwoofer itself is scheduled to ship within the next two weeks, and we should start posting actual listening tests starting the first of October, if not sooner.

It will be tested in our theater room first, which is 5700^3 feet and currently houses an SVS B4+. Needless to say, this will be a severe test... the SVS has 4 x 12 inch ported drivers, and a Crown K2 2500 watt amp in a HUGE enclosure... Vs. a single sealed 15 inch driver.

Blind listening tests will be conducted, real music and movies will be used...

The second part of the test will be in a second theater room, appx. 4400^3 feet, in a high end two channel set up complete with McIntosh amps and Onix Ref 3's ...

After all that is done (and hopefully some friendly interaction will be happening, too) ... measurements will be taken, if there is any interest.

Comments welcome !

Mike Dzurko

Maestro Review...
« Reply #1 on: 6 Sep 2004, 01:29 pm »
Craig:

Thanks for posting! I'd like to encourage everyone to take a look at Craig's Maestro thread at HT. Great stuff!

Marbles

Maestro Review...
« Reply #2 on: 6 Sep 2004, 02:31 pm »
Took me a while to find it, but here is the link.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=208592

There is no problem linking other forums on AC.

JohnR

Maestro Review...
« Reply #3 on: 6 Sep 2004, 02:37 pm »
Yes please, if you reference a thread on another site and have the link, please just post it :thumb:

EMT

Maestro Review...
« Reply #4 on: 7 Sep 2004, 10:21 am »
We are conducting a full review on the Maestro subwoofer.

Who is/are "we"?

Eric

Maestro Review...
« Reply #5 on: 7 Sep 2004, 04:35 pm »
Craig,

Thanks. Did you find your way here as a result of the post I placed at Home Theater Forum?

Eric

thugh

Maestro Review...
« Reply #6 on: 7 Sep 2004, 07:50 pm »
Well I hope it does not go well so I don't get tempted  :lol:

Who is kidding who... I already am...

Mike Dzurko

Maestro Review...
« Reply #7 on: 8 Sep 2004, 11:39 am »
Quote from: thugh

Tom:

The Maestro whispers: "You know you want me"

thugh

Maestro Review...
« Reply #8 on: 8 Sep 2004, 01:53 pm »
Quote from: Mike Dzurko
Quote from: thugh

Tom:

The Maestro whispers: "You know you want me"

Ha ha... tell me about it... you know... I'm kinda glad the flood sale Jaguar LFM in Cherry and the Maestro in Cherry have both sold.  It got rid of my temptation to pick either one up... but when Lexicon releases Logic 10 to utilize the extra outs on my MC12 I'll be knocking  :D

Craig Chase

I just got back from a Biz trip ....
« Reply #9 on: 10 Sep 2004, 04:08 pm »
I need to set my profile to e-mail me when someone responds here... If not for a PM from a nice forum member (Thanks !), I would not have seen the responses... :oops:

The "we" is my usual group of help... a couple of pro-audio manufacturers, and some music lovers.

We are looking forward to this review... and my wife thinks the Maestro is potentially good looking...  8)

Mike Dzurko

Maestro Review...
« Reply #10 on: 14 Sep 2004, 11:32 pm »
Craig:

"Brown" picked your Maestro up late this afternoon. Won't be long now :)

Eric

Maestro Review...
« Reply #11 on: 21 Sep 2004, 04:19 pm »
Craig,

How is the review going? We are all excited to hear the impressions

Craig Chase

There is a lot of text on Home Theater Forum...
« Reply #12 on: 22 Sep 2004, 11:10 pm »
The Maestro arrived Monday, and was set up and running Monday night. I will start off by saying I am really impressed so far. We watched Master and Commander, and the Cannon scenes were just fantastic.

The Maestro has a visceral ability to KICK when needed. Right now, We are getting ready to watch the DVD release of Star Wars... and I will post more later tonight...

Craig Chase

We finished Star Wars...
« Reply #13 on: 23 Sep 2004, 02:03 am »
We are enjoying the heck out of the Maestro. Suffice it to say it is a definite contender in the $2000-$2500 subwoofer market.

I FAR prefer it to the Velodyne FSR-18's we had.

I have posted a lot on home theater forum... if someone wants to link to it, that would be cool... there are also some other subwoofer savy guys chiming in there... Dave "bossobass" Alan, and Edward JM, who has some of the finest subwoofer reviews EVER....

Marbles

Mike Dzurko

Maestro Review...
« Reply #15 on: 23 Sep 2004, 04:59 pm »
Quote from: Marbles
Is this the one?

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=208592&highlight=maestro

That be the one Marbles :) With over 200 replies and 5200+ views its a pretty BIG thread

Craig Chase

Thank You Marbles !!!
« Reply #16 on: 23 Sep 2004, 11:20 pm »
Trying to move all those posts and thoughts from the other guys over here would be difficult. PLUS... Everyone HERE KNOWS how good ACI is.. posting on HTF hopefully will give Mike more exposure...  :D

Love this "little" subwoofer (after a B4+... little means something different...)

Harry P

Maestro Review...
« Reply #17 on: 25 Sep 2004, 02:50 pm »
Well Craig I have to tell you I've really enjoyed your thread. I hope everybody reads it, fine stuff to be sure. Now you have me wondering if perhaps I want to order the Maestro before I order my two pair of onwall Emeralds . . . decisions decisions  :lol:

Craig Chase

Thanks, Harry...
« Reply #18 on: 25 Sep 2004, 08:08 pm »
You could do what I do... Order both now, and be glad you don't have to think about it anymore... :D

And if there is a Mrs. Harry giving you the ... :nono:

Just tell her you bought the subwoofer for $3500 and got the Emeralds free...

Harry P

Re: Thanks, Harry...
« Reply #19 on: 26 Sep 2004, 01:07 pm »
Quote from: Craig Chase
You could do what I do... Order both now, and be glad you don't have to think about it anymore... :D

And if there is a Mrs. Harry giving you the ... :nono:

Just tell her you bought the subwoofer for $3500 and got the Emeralds free...

Craig that is absolutely brilliant! It just might be worth a try  :wink: