RIP, Chris Cornell

mcgsxr

Re: RIP, Chris Cornell
« Reply #20 on: 18 May 2017, 06:42 pm »
I will go spin a Temple of the Dog album now.

asliarun

« Reply #21 on: 18 May 2017, 07:36 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TksqEIl1uxU

"And I'm lost, behind
The words I'll never find
And I'm left behind
As seasons roll on by"

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #22 on: 19 May 2017, 01:56 am »
I am such a fan of his music that it feels like a personal loss even though I never met him. :cry:  RIP, Mr. Cornell.

drphoto

« Reply #23 on: 19 May 2017, 03:53 am »
I thought Chris was one of the best rock vocalist of all time. Just amazing. I have no idea of what went through his mind, but I suppose real artist just feel things more intensely than most And the world just overwhelms them. As great as Soundgarden was, I really loved the Audiosoave stuff."Cochise" and "Like a Stone" are two of my favorite songs. Very sad news.

bluemeanies

« Reply #24 on: 19 May 2017, 10:47 am »
Sad story about Chris and sadder for his family. A man who dealt with the influence of drugs since age 13 and suffered from depression which IT alone is an inner struggle with your other self.

I personally like some of his music from Soundgarden but my daughter apparently was a big fan and recently been to one of his shows at the TLA in Philadelphia.
She was a fan of both Soundgarden and AudioSlave.

RIP Chris, and may God comfort your demons and help your family get thru their loss.

schw06

« Reply #25 on: 19 May 2017, 11:28 am »
"When you're caught in pain
And you feel the rain come down
It's all right
When you find you way
Then you see it disappear
It's all right
Though your garden's gray
I know all your graces
Someday will flower
In a sweet sunshower"

Rest in Peace

Hoosierdaddy

« Reply #26 on: 19 May 2017, 02:22 pm »
Truly a sad day for millions of his fans. His music was a large part of my early adulthood soundtrack (and still is on occasion). The real tradgedy is the loss for his family and close friends. I found an article yesterday that may shed some light on his state of mind during the show in Detroit, he was clearly not himself:

http://www.freep.com/story/entertainment/music/2017/05/18/chris-cornell-final-performance-detroit-soundgarden/330051001/

His wife is also openly speculating that he may have taken extra dose(s) of Ativan which is used to treat anxiety and as a sleeping aid:

http://variety.com/2017/music/news/chris-cornells-family-prescription-drugs-may-have-influenced-suicide-1202436611/

RIP, Chris

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #27 on: 19 May 2017, 03:16 pm »

His wife is also openly speculating that he may have taken extra dose(s) of Ativan...

It just didn't make any sense whatsoever, it was a shock to everyone... until hearing this. Seems like bad judgement to give someone like Chris a prescription for a drug that has potential side effects that include suicidal thoughts.... just based on the music he wrote it seems obvious. Add in the fact he was previously an addict and it seems negligent.

With few exceptions, treating psychological issues with drugs that alleviate symptoms and don't address the cause is no better than a Dr recommending recreational drugs and sometimes even more harmful. It often masks the symptom and makes the issue worse while doing damage to the body and mind. Prescription drugs are causing amazing numbers of deaths every year, and can leave people with horrible withdrawal symptoms far worse than any recreational drug.

Hoosierdaddy

« Reply #28 on: 19 May 2017, 04:34 pm »
Dave,

Agreed. Great post. I don't want to distract from the topic of his tragic passing so admin please move or delete as necessary. One of my best friends was in a well-known Seattle band that I won't identify as it is not applicable to the topic of Chris and his music. My friend has shared countless stories, pictures, and memorabilia from that magic time in Seattle. I've always been in awe of my friend's musical achievements and those of his colleagues in the Seattle scene since I spent so much time listening to them. He has lost many well-know and not well-known friends. He has been to funerals for members of Mother Love Bone, Nirvana, Alice In Chains, and others. Unfortunately, he has another funeral to attend.