Sony Playstation One Multi-Out cable MOD

truant

Sony Playstation One Multi-Out cable MOD
« on: 24 May 2009, 12:45 am »
I'm one of those folks using a PSONE as a cd player. While I'm very happily getting back into vinyl I plan to continue enjoying my cds hopefully without ever buying another cdp costing more than $45.  We'll see how long this lasts.  I currently use and prefer the multi-out cable rather than the various interconnects I've tried. I've read in numerous places that this is the superior connection EVEN taking into consideration that you are limited to using the stock cable.  Would someone (Wayne?) put their expertise into an aftermarket version of this cable.  Anyone else think this would be a good idea?  Have I missed that it has already been done?  I wasn't sure where to go with this but since Wayne is one of the MOD giants and nothing seems too small for him to tweak I thought this would be a good start.

Wayne1

Re: Sony Playstation One Multi-Out cable MOD
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2009, 03:59 am »
If you want to send me a Playstation One and a stock cable, I would be willing to take a look at it to see what could be done.

I will say that a custom modded cable would cost a minimum of $150.00.

truant

« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2009, 12:29 am »
Thanks Wayne.  I'll likely send one out sometime this coming week.  I'm currently using a Furutech power cord with my PSOne. And, I have upgraded the fuse.  Both worthwhile.  Other than that it is stock. Although I like to tweak I also like to keep things as simple as possible.  I'm curious to see what you think...

truant

« Reply #3 on: 21 Jul 2009, 12:59 am »
Sorry to disappear after bringing up this question.  In addition to getting swamped with work I started having technical problems with my PS1 and started looking into computer/DAC possibilities.  I've decided to go with a Havana DAC connected to my MacBook.  Anyway, thanks Wayne for offering to look into  cable options for the PS1.