Re: Alex Yoon / Wave Touch Audio

harley52

Re: Alex Yoon / Wave Touch Audio
« on: 29 Aug 2014, 02:49 am »
Gee, he's tells us that a small sweetspot is the only correct way, then he says you don't have a small sweetspot with his other speaker! Which is it? I've never been to a live music event that had a soundstage nor imaging. Both  soundstage and imaging are a-phile crap. It may impress at first but, it will get old as any novelty does.

As far as detail goes, there's way too much coming out of 90% of speakers. Just for chuckles sometime go over to Stereophile and pull up the measurements for the Apogee Stages. It's far, far from flat. At  40hz  they spike about 17 db's above the output at 1k hz and as you go up in frequency the response tilts down significantly. Arguably one of the finest sounding speakers ever. And vocals on them are to die for. I mention the Stages because as for a speaker that measures like crap it sure sounds sweet. But, keep shooting for more detail and whatever and you'll be chasing your own tail. That's how many of the company's stay in business, but not all of them travel this road.   So, how is detail  a good  aspect to correctly sounding speakers. Hey some detail in moderation is fine. When your sitting in front of your laptop do you really want the screen to be brighter so you can get more detail. My eyes would cease to function properly if the screen's were any more detailed/brighter. And what a headache that would bring on.

Ya know all the strides for more soundstaging/imaging and detail have just gone way too far. Makers of speakers should spend more time trying to get their speakers to sound more like music than to use them as a way to dissect the music, making it less enjoyable to just let the music flow. I've been on that merry go round and I don't miss it one bit. Now, that I've probably p/oed some people I'll wait for your kind words telling me I'm totally messed up. :duh:

jonbee

Re: Re: Alex Yoon / Wave Touch Audio
« Reply #1 on: 29 Aug 2014, 04:11 pm »
I'll wait for your kind words telling me I'm totally messed up. :duh:
Commenting at length on a speaker that you've never actually heard is really a useless activity.
FWIW, I've heard them at my home, and yes, they have controlled directivity, but at the same time they do have an accepably wide sweet spot, IMO. These are not mutually exclusive traits, and there are plenty of examples of speakers that do both things well, with some tradeoff at high angles, which reduces the room effects.
Within +- 45 degrees off axis they still sound pretty balanced, and quite balanced within +-30 degrees.
Hearing, not talking, is believing.

harley52

Re: Re: Alex Yoon / Wave Touch Audio
« Reply #2 on: 29 Aug 2014, 10:20 pm »
Jonbee

Apparently you didn't understand what I posted. The man wrote that a small sweetspot was ideal. Yet he wrote that one of his speakers, I forget the name of it, gave a wide sweetspot. He contradicted himself!

I don't have to hear his speaker to comment on what he wrote. Btw, I have no interest in listening to a speaker that the builder claims " best/greatest speaker" in the world. No one has to hear a speaker that he claims is great/best in the world to disagree with that. That's rubbish because there is no perfect speaker. His claim isn't true.

Btw, I don't give my impression of a speaker if I haven't heard it. The beginning of my post was about his use of of what's an ideal sweetspot and yet he wrote that one of his products has w i d e sweetspot.