Dammit Chris-- Tell us how those Timepiece Minis sound!!!

ooheadsoo

Re: Dammit Chris-- Tell us how those Timepiece Minis sound!!!
« Reply #20 on: 15 Jun 2008, 09:35 am »
Thanks, Chris...but we really want to hear about how they sound!   :green: :green: :thumb:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #21 on: 16 Jun 2008, 04:47 am »
Thanks, Chris...but we really want to hear about how they sound!   :green: :green: :thumb:
What ???  :scratch:

Abe....your not happy with my photo's ?  :(

I guess if I was in the picture...you'd like them better.... :jester:  :rotflmao:

OK....how do they sound.
I've only put a few hours on them...and they are changing...getting more "tight". Not a very good setup here - room is overloaded......they sit atop the TP2's which are atop my Osiris 24" speaker stands....so...talk about tall... :? :duh:
(Total 100lbs. on each stand :weights:)

I have to move the TP's out...which I will do soon.

I have tried this...crazy as it seems...one Mini left side connected....one TP2 right side connected....mono Cd. Highs very similar...bass is about 85% of the TP2's.

More time...and better setup still needed....but they do have "the SP Tech house sound".....those that have heard or own SP Tech should know what I mean.

I will say....solid build....good looking cab's....so....more listening. :thumb:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #22 on: 16 Jun 2008, 05:02 am »
What ???  :scratch:

Abe....your not happy with my photo's ?  :(

I guess if I was in the picture...you'd like them better.... :jester:  :rotflmao:

OK....how do they sound.
I've only put a few hours on them...and they are changing...getting more "tight". Not a very good setup here - room is overloaded......they sit atop the TP2's which are atop my Osiris 24" speaker stands....so...talk about tall... :? :duh:
(Total 100lbs. on each stand :weights:)

I have to move the TP's out...which I will do soon.

I have tried this...crazy as it seems...one Mini left side connected....one TP2 right side connected....mono Cd. Highs very similar...bass is about 85% of the TP2's.

More time...and better setup still needed....but they do have "the SP Tech house sound".....those that have heard or own SP Tech should know what I mean.

I will say....solid build....good looking cab's....so....more listening. :thumb:

WOW, talk about beating around the GW Bush,,, you could pass for a politician. :jester: What you looking for Chris,,, 4 more years? :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

lonewolfny42

« Reply #23 on: 16 Jun 2008, 05:09 am »
WOW, talk about beating around the GW Bush,,, you could pass for a politician. What you looking for Chris,,, 4 more years?
Don't forget to vote in Nov. Robin ,,,,,,,,,,,, :lol:

ooheadsoo

« Reply #24 on: 16 Jun 2008, 05:40 am »
I must say, 85% seems pretty good when the both price and size are MUCH smaller than the Timepiece  :thumb:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #25 on: 16 Jun 2008, 05:45 am »
I must say, 85% seems pretty good when the both price and size are MUCH smaller than the Timepiece  :thumb:
I was curious about this....bass is important to me...and the music...so...pretty good.

I've not "kicked them up a notch" yet...still at a nice comfortable level. 8)

mjosef

« Reply #26 on: 16 Jun 2008, 06:07 am »
Now you are ready for the NEXT NYAR monitor speaker shootout  aa

RodMCV

« Reply #27 on: 17 Jun 2008, 04:48 pm »
OK, Chris; Way to score a set of Mini's!

Are you looking with your ears and hearing with your eyes?
Maybe if the shades came off we could hear more on you and minidom!

Rod

IronLion

« Reply #28 on: 17 Jun 2008, 06:45 pm »
Ok Chris, time for more listening impressions.  The mob is getting anxious. 

mcullinan

« Reply #29 on: 17 Jun 2008, 06:54 pm »
Im brandishing my axe and debarnacling my fishing boat!
Mike

lonewolfny42

« Reply #30 on: 18 Jun 2008, 04:14 am »
Ok Chris, time for more listening impressions.  The mob is getting anxious.

Im brandishing my axe and debarnacling my fishing boat!

Are you looking with your ears and hearing with your eyes?
Maybe if the shades came off we could hear more on you and minidom!

Ah....the Minis. Nice speakers....I think their better than the Revelation's.

Rod....you should pick up a pair of the Minis, and sell your Revelation's...and pocket some cash.... 8)

OK....just kidding.... :jester:

The Minis are not the Revelation's....but they are a good speaker....and I'm happy I picked up a pair... :D

I still don't have a lot of time on them (about 15 hours)....and the sound each night gets better. I spoke to Bob about "break-in"....he mentioned about 100 hours. Its funny to hear them change as your listening...kind of surprised me. Most of the speakers I own were bought "used"...so I never hear any difference from the start...:o (The TP2's were new, but I don't recall any change in sound...but its been awhile.. :?)

Last nights listen showed how well they can do with the "Rave tracks" (over and over)....and in the 80 to 85db range. Past few nights the volume has been low. Slowly working my way up.... :rock:  :lol:

They are >not< the Timepieces....but they are close. And since my room is small....they are a good fit.

I'm not sure you will see a full review from me....why ? :scratch:

Well....I have read the other Mini reviews posted...
and I tend to agreed what has been said about them. 8)

I'm looking for a different angle....non SP Tech owners. Everyone knows, having hear most of Bob's line of speakers, that I like his speakers....their sound really appeals to what I look for in a speaker...and each one is better than the other.

So....with the help of a few NY Raver's, they will have a chance to try them in their system, and comment about what they hear. Some have never heard an SP Tech....others have...awhile ago. I think thats a democratic approach....and I'm an Independent.... :wink:

As I add hours...and volume...when their ready...out they will go...to be compared with other speakers....and other systems. I've always thought...the more you hear, the more you know....and its good to hear many.

One thing about speakers...having hear quiet a few....not one is perfect...if there was a speaker like that....we would all own the same speaker.

Different strokes for different folks.... :thumb:

Chris

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #31 on: 18 Jun 2008, 01:47 pm »
Chris,

Thanks for that good info. I'm one of those that have never heard an SP Tech speaker. I've said it before and I'll say iyt again, I'm not an audiophile. I'm retired and am getting to the point where I wonder how much longer everything will keep working. And I'm talking about me!  :lol:

So I decided to upgrade my system based on other people's opinions. I've got nothing else to go on. I've done a lot of looking and listening (to other people's reports) and have tried to decide accordingly. This is going to be my one-shot attempt at finding out what a good system sounds like.

I don't know you other than I've seen an awful lot of pics of you leaning on other people's speakers (what's that about anyway). It's also obvious that you are very generous with your equipment.

What stands out about Bob's speakers is how owners are almost unanimously impressed with how they sound. So that's why I ordered a pair of mini's  and have yet to regret it (except of course for the fact that I don't have them yet  :green: ).

I've got a Spectron amp that has tons more power than I'll ever need and a small listening room. So I'm glad to hear your report about the mini's being good in such an environment.

All of which is to say, I'm excited in anticipation of what is waiting for my ears.  :thumb:

Gene

RodMCV

« Reply #32 on: 19 Jun 2008, 01:45 am »
Thanks Chris for the thinking mans review.
It is something special when a Newbie hears a SP-Tech speaker for the first time!
I know you are far from a newbie but even so, I hear a bit of amazement in your words
  ,between the lines.
Glad you have them to enjoy.
Mine will be coming down the pike too!
Rod

lonewolfny42

« Reply #33 on: 19 Jun 2008, 02:16 am »
Rod....

Thanks... :thumb:

It is something special when a Newbie hears a SP-Tech speaker for the first time!

True....good bass performance, dynamics, and a wide sound stage....whats not to like. :wink:

I know you are far from a newbie but even so, I hear a bit of amazement in your words
  ,between the lines.

What sticks out....small and heavy - solid.....the sound - changing as they get played more....that is something I read...but now I hear it.

Mine will be coming down the pike too!

Good....just let them play...because the first hours you'll say...."What are these guys hearing?" .....thats what I was thinking...now I know better. 8)

Gene....

This is going to be my one-shot attempt at finding out what a good system sounds like.

Well then....I hope you'll enjoy what you hear.

I don't know you other than I've seen an awful lot of pics of you leaning on other people's speakers (what's that about anyway).
You've seen pictures of....me ? No...... :jester:

Well....all that beer at the Raves....sometimes you just need a little help staying vertical....speakers work well for that.... :wink: :jester:

Just kidding....consider me a tape measure....shows how big or small the speakers are. :D

What stands out about Bob's speakers is how owners are almost unanimously impressed with how they sound. So that's why I ordered a pair of mini's  and have yet to regret it (except of course for the fact that I don't have them yet ).

Hopefully yours will come soon....but as I mentioned to Rod....they need time....no quick judgments. As for power...never hurts to have more than you need...looks like your covered.

All of which is to say, I'm excited in anticipation of what is waiting for my ears.

Cool.... 8)

Thanks guys..... :beer:

Chris

giantsteps

« Reply #34 on: 19 Jun 2008, 02:28 am »

Wolfy.....do you......want .....to ........er .......sell your old SP's? Am I first in line? :D

Frank

lonewolfny42

« Reply #35 on: 19 Jun 2008, 02:36 am »

Wolfy.....do you......want .....to ........er .......sell your old SP's? Am I first in line? :D

Frank
Sorry Frank....they will never be for sale....at any price.

giantsteps

« Reply #36 on: 19 Jun 2008, 02:59 am »

Frank

WOW! DO you realize that..........never mind...I'll PM you.

Frank

lonewolfny42

« Reply #37 on: 19 Jun 2008, 03:10 am »

Frank

WOW! DO you realize that..........never mind...I'll PM you.

Frank
Frank.....with me never means NEVER.....I got a pair of VR-1's I could sell you.... :thumb:

giantsteps

« Reply #38 on: 19 Jun 2008, 03:27 am »

Are you suggesting that I should have 2 pairs of VR1's? :thumb: You know me... I like speakers that sound good no matter where I am in my abode. Screw the sweet spot! And that's why I am a big fan of SP spks.

Frank

lonewolfny42

« Reply #39 on: 19 Jun 2008, 03:34 am »
Are you suggesting that I should have 2 pairs of VR1's?..

Sure....that way I can sell them... :lol:
African Hazelwood....and the velvet bags..... :drool:
but....they don't even come close to sounding as good as an SP Tech speaker.
And thats the truth.... :thumb: