Another show with the Revelations..

Karsten

Another show with the Revelations..
« on: 3 Oct 2006, 11:54 am »
We did another show here a little more than a week ago. Our room was one of the bigger conference rooms. The acoustics were reasonably okay although the huge windows sucked out a lot of bass and a strange slap echo came from (presumably) the ventilation ducts.

We got a quite favourable feed back with no negative comments at all. 

Equipment used was:

Digital source:
Laptop PC connected via Audience SPDIF cable to Orpheus ONE DAC

Preamps:
1.   Belles 28A
2.   Joule Electra LA-150

Amplifiers:
1.   NuForce Ref 9 SE
2.   Belles 350A Reference
3.   Butler Audio A-100 Monad

Speakers:
SP Technology Revelation MR1 MKII

We had planned to use the NuForce S9 as well, but unfortunately we did get enough time to break them in before the show.

From www.hifi4all.dk
Pictures:
www.hifi4all.dk/content/templates/besogsartikler.asp?articleid=1371&zoneid=4

Brownie:

To my opinion the best sound of show was delivered by StudioSound. Fantastically coherent and crystal clear. Those SP Technology speakers has to be evaluated further, although it in my case will be the “little” Timepiece 2.1, since I don’t have the space for the Revelations.

Mightyfish:
StudioSound, something about the room or setup was not entirely optimal. I know this setup has a greater potential than presented at the show, but these are the conditions. Despite of this StudioSound had by far the best sound of show. Those SP Technology are capable of a performance I have not heard from any other speakers. They fill the room and recreates the music in a way which I feel is the closest to a live experience.

Raskolnikov:

StudioSounds setup with the little NuForce amplifiers sounded incredibly good. The system had lots of impact and very natural sound. They made me want to hear more….

Vasen:
The StudioSound room sounded really well. Thumps up.

Bass:
SP Techonology had at times the best sound of show, this has to be investigated further…

From www.hifi-musik.dk

Pictures:
www.hifi-musik.dk/main.php?page=visartikel&id=79

SES:
StudioSound brought some sweet stuff, it suited the sound well. A little too massive for my taste but it surely plays music.

Live24:
SP Technology had managed to tame the tweeters very well, these”second generation” has really addressed the slight harshness which the initial design suffered a bit from. This was clearly my positive impression from the show, the music was presented very convincingly. I did miss listening to some pop music on that system though. Overall the best sound of show!

Jdg:
I managed to get to hear StudioSounds setup at the ground floor (I’m still in love with these Revelations)

Kim Olsen:
SP Technology Revelations:…..If only my living room was big enough…..

newclassd:
Thanks to StudioSound for a great demonstration.