The Guitar Thread

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
Re: The Guitar Thread
« Reply #180 on: 6 Mar 2014, 11:24 pm »
I'm sure that the SG is Gibson's best selling electric, too, for good reason.
You've got the neck through the body design of the Firebird in 1963 and that's really about it for major innovations in guitar design.
I guess if you count active electronics, alternate body materials and no peg heads the guitar has continued to evolve but I'd say that's more of a sideshow than a main event.

bunky

« Reply #181 on: 7 Mar 2014, 12:56 am »
I bought a mint Parker PM10 three months ago and I just bought a flawless wine red Parker PM20 last week. 

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #182 on: 21 Mar 2014, 12:32 pm »

I didn't want to do this but the temptation was too great to resist.

Ericus Rex

« Reply #183 on: 21 Mar 2014, 03:58 pm »
I love Firebirds!  Is that one new or vintage?

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #184 on: 21 Mar 2014, 05:05 pm »
I've always had a thing for them, myself.  There's just so many cool features to the design.

This one is a 2013 which somebody owned for a little bit and it's in perfect shape.
I was really leery of the Steinberger tuners but once I figured out how to use them they work great - they hold perfect tune with brand new strings.
I owned two 2007 Firebirds before (a flamed maple Guitar of the Week) and a VII and it looks like they've changed the neck profile to a slimmer, narrower one and are using lower frets so it's really easy to play.
Next year I'll get another VII because that was just one hell of a guitar - the second you picked it up you could feel how it was in a class of it's own.
« Last Edit: 25 Mar 2014, 10:38 pm by SteveFord »