Good News, Everyone

hagtech

Good News, Everyone
« on: 8 Aug 2012, 02:40 am »
I've been super busy in the background, getting ready to launch some new products.  In the process, it seems like I may be bringing back a few of the popular discontinued machines too!  First up is the CLARINET.  I finally invested the cash and purchased a large batch of boards.  They should be here in a few weeks.  Taking orders now.  My apologies for those who didn't get one over the past year...

I also am keeping this circle open for business.  Stay tuned for more updates.   :D

Meanwhile, check out www.haglabs.com for the new machines.  I have invented a new UFO that is even better than the last one (albeit crazy in appearance).  The new VIOLIN phonostage also gets a mention, but it is not ready for production yet.

Other news is that there is a definite possibility to bring the TRUMPET back.  I'm getting quotes on the custom chassis pieces now.  It will have metal faceplates instead of the wood, with upgraded resistors and capacitors.  Not sure about pricing yet...

I've also dug through the closet and found various pieces and leftovers.  In fact, there was enough to complete two more original style TRUMPETs, a two-chassis TRUMPET, and a pair of CORNET2 (one sold already).  These will all be auctioned off on AUDIOGON soon. 

Lastly, in order to get the word out, I am starting a facebook page for HAGTECH that will serve as my new blog.  The original blog has been out of business for 5 years now - I'm thinking it is time to get it going again.  The facebook format will allow for comments and customer feedback.  Thanks for sticking around!

jh

dB Cooper

Re: Good News, Everyone
« Reply #1 on: 8 Aug 2012, 02:45 am »
Haven't bought any Hagerman products (yet, anyway) but if I ever spin vinyl again, there will probably be a BUGLE in my setup. Good luck in your noble efforts to keep quality kit-built audio alive.

mgalusha

« Reply #2 on: 8 Aug 2012, 02:58 am »
Sounds like things are really looking up Jim, that is all great news.  :thumb:

bregez

« Reply #3 on: 8 Aug 2012, 02:30 pm »
This is great news, I am looking forward to a Castanet 2.0

Brad

jimbo900custom

« Reply #4 on: 8 Aug 2012, 04:35 pm »
Would LOVE to get my hands on another Cornet! Sold my Cool Blue Cornet to fix my motorcycle......wish I had it back! Would like to know when the ad will post on A'gon or if I can "Buy IT Now"?

galyons

« Reply #5 on: 8 Aug 2012, 05:34 pm »
This is great news!!!! I was sorely afraid that the "sun was setting" over Hawaii!!  :D

Cheers,
Geary

el34

« Reply #6 on: 9 Aug 2012, 02:56 pm »
Any chance of a Chime 1/2 kit returning?  Or at least the hagdac?

hagtech

« Reply #7 on: 9 Aug 2012, 06:50 pm »
The problem with HAGDAC is getting ahold of a CS8415 chips in SO package.  I can't locate any on the planet.  I have one left and I was sort of saving it for me...

jh

jostber

« Reply #8 on: 26 Aug 2012, 08:48 pm »
That's great news, thanks! Would be great to have a DAC from Hagtech as well.

Yoda

« Reply #9 on: 31 Aug 2012, 09:35 pm »
Excellent! 

dnewman

« Reply #10 on: 5 Sep 2012, 01:16 am »
Nice choice on the Violin chassis.  Seems to me a good solution to the difficulty of finding a sharp looking, correctly sized off-the-shelf chassis, and the exorbitant price of custom enclosures.  Instead just have the top & bottom plates made custom and use tubing for the sides.  Looks sharp, makes for a distinctive signature appearance, can have the beefy thick Aluminum look if you want, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.  (And matches what I've done for some furniture in the past using copper tubing and quarter-sawn white oak.)

Dan

poty

« Reply #11 on: 6 Sep 2012, 08:00 pm »
Violin is the MC/MM phono stage and IMHO must have any possible measures to combat EMI, magnetic fields coupling and so on... In this case we deal with so tiny signals that to achieve even 70dB signal/noise value there should be many thoughts about everything. The new case seems lack of this properties. I'm not saying how beautiful is the case - how many people - so many opinions, but technically it is far from ideal. The previous Cornet 2 design (taking into consideration much less sensitivity - it is only MM) in many usages was subject to placement to achieve silence in operation (and it was shielded from every side), the new design I think will be even more uncertain.
I hate also several other things. For example - input-output connectors on the top plate. Something that is against most convenient back placement and together with unprotected (and exposed) tubes (another doubtful thing) can led to damaging the interconnects, especially if they are rigid and not "willing" to bend the right way.

yoaudio

« Reply #12 on: 8 Sep 2012, 01:36 am »
A CORNET3 in the making?????  :hyper:

jostber

« Reply #13 on: 9 Sep 2012, 02:09 pm »
This strobe is looking cool as well. :thumb:

http://www.haglabs.com/ufo.html

schubert

• I'm the one on the right
« Reply #14 on: 27 Sep 2012, 10:08 pm »
Great to see the Clarinet back, Jim.  Mine (on one of those one-off boards) sounds great! 

Blooze

« Reply #15 on: 6 Oct 2012, 09:02 pm »
Fantastic news on the Clarinet, Jim.  I just hope you still have some boards nearer the end of the year when my bonus comes in.  At least I've all the film caps and capacitors still that I bought for it  :)

On a side note:  I know we were discussing the replacement for the panasonic ECKNVS103MF ceramic cap (I think they went in C100, C101 positions).  Was a suitable replacement ever found?

« Last Edit: 8 Oct 2012, 06:00 am by Blooze »

jostber

« Reply #16 on: 15 Jan 2013, 04:20 pm »
The problem with HAGDAC is getting ahold of a CS8415 chips in SO package.  I can't locate any on the planet.  I have one left and I was sort of saving it for me...

jh

Any news on the HagDAC or a new kind of DAC coming?

hagtech

« Reply #17 on: 16 Jan 2013, 07:49 am »
I'm not working on any digital stuff right now.  Staying focused on analog...

jh

WireNut

« Reply #18 on: 16 Jan 2013, 08:47 am »

Hi Jim,

I was just looking on your site tonight about the Cornet2.
This may be my first kit. My skill level is "mount parts and solder".
Is it to advanced for my skill level?
Is the manual pretty well detailed on wiring the transformer?

Steve

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #19 on: 16 Jan 2013, 01:11 pm »
Hi Jim,

I was just looking on your site tonight about the Cornet2.
This may be my first kit. My skill level is "mount parts and solder".
Is it to advanced for my skill level?
Is the manual pretty well detailed on wiring the transformer?

Steve

Steve,

Here is the link to the manual, that way you can see if it is to your understanding:

http://www.hagtech.com/pdf/cornet2.pdf

Best,
Anand.