Music Hall MMF-9 turntable

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« on: 14 Jan 2003, 02:22 am »
What's New at Response Audio

Below was taken directly from Music Halls website regarding the new MMF-9 table.
 I didn't even think to ask Roy if it was available in Black.

12-31-02
New from Music Hall Audio!!!

There are a few new products that will be shown at the CES show in January 2003.
Music Hall will be exhibiting at the Alexis Park Hotel, room 1908.

The first item will be the New MMF-9 turntable. The MMF-9, our flagship model, will have a three-plinth design using four Sorbothane springs between each layer.
The motor will be external at the front, left corner of the table and will have an electronic speed control that will run the motor at 50Hz instead of 60Hz. ( A slower motor runs quieter) Of course a 50Hz pulley will be supplied.

The acrylic platter is 1" (25mm) thick and a Ringmat XLR turntable mat will be supplied as standard with the table.
The platter sits on an incredibly quiet, inverted ceramic bearing. The tone arm will be the 'Project Carbon'. This is a carbon fiber version of the acclaimed Project 9.1 arm. The MMF-9 will also have a new cartridge on it. The Music Hall Maestro is a modified version of the Goldring Eroica. It is a high-output moving coil and sports a VITAL stylus. The MSRP of the Maestro is about $550.
The MMF-9 will be available in January 2003 and will retail for about $1600-1700.

Here is a pic link:
http://img.audioasylum.com/cgi/view.pl?u=users/423&f=MMF9_1139.jpg&v=f&UserImages=423&session=&l=211&moniker=Webmaster&invite=1198435336&w=512&h=304

Rocket

new mmf9
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jan 2003, 01:30 am »
hello bill,

okay you have my attention now.

any ideas how it sounds?  it looks like a top line turntable, now if i only lived in the us i could afford to pay for one.

anyway thanks for the heads up bill.

regards

rod

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jan 2003, 01:34 am »
Sorry Rocket,
   I don't think anybody has heard this table outside the CES show. I know Roy has had his set up for some time.
  If it sounds better than the MMF-7, it's good enough for me as I feel the 7 is among the best in it's price.
  I will keep you posted once I have spent some time with it. Maybe somebody will get one before me and post their thoughts??? (hint). :D