Omnia S1 - app for Ipad and for Internet Radio

Eugenio_Fen

Omnia S1 - app for Ipad and for Internet Radio
« on: 5 Mar 2020, 04:49 pm »
Good morning, I purchased the omnia and I need some explanation.
For operation as a renderer, which application do you recommend for operation with an Ipad? Bubble upnp is only for Android. I installed Mconnect Lite and Mconnect HD on the Ipad but in Qobuz the automatic switching to the next track, in a album or in a playlist, does not work.
Also how can I listen to internet radio with renderer operation? I installed Tune-in locally but it doesn't work well, it crashes. Bubble upnp does not contain listening to Internet Radio and Bubble upnp crashes via the Xiia Live app. I have changed also the Internet Radio setting of Bubble Upnp but I have not solved it.
Many Thanks

rustydoglim

Re: Omnia S1 - app for Ipad and for Internet Radio
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2020, 04:55 pm »
Also how can I listen to internet radio with renderer operation?

If you are using it as a Renderer, you can't use the native App. they go through different "device driver", so it has to be restarted.
(Correction: I use the wrong word, "can't use" not "can use").  Unless you can find an internet radio app that can stream from mobile phone to DLNA renderer.
« Last Edit: 13 Mar 2020, 04:56 am by rustydoglim »

Eugenio_Fen

« Reply #2 on: 13 Mar 2020, 02:18 pm »
I hope to be answered also for the other questions.
Also what is the app with which I could listen to an internet radio?
For the Omnia WR1 and WR100 you have found a complete app. Why is there nothing for the S1? (Omnia S1 is more expensive)  :o
Many thanks.

Jye

« Reply #3 on: 17 Mar 2020, 09:40 am »
The Mconnect Player does seem to have the problem of not automatically playing the next track in a queue. As we are not the developers of the app, we can only wait for the developers to fix it. We are aware that there are not many UPnP/DLNA control apps to choose from on iOS, but there should be some that works properly.

As of now, there doesn't seem to be any app that can stream internet radio to a DLNA renderer. The Tunein app should be working fine. Please do not install any other DLNA/uPnP software (such as BubbleUPnP) on the Omnia S1. For now, you'll have to use the local apps on the S1 for internet radio and streaming services, and a DLNA control app for playing your DLNA music library on the S1 renderer.

Csatariano

« Reply #4 on: 17 Apr 2020, 08:21 am »
How is possible to use the omnia iOS app with omnia s device ?

rustydoglim

« Reply #5 on: 18 Apr 2020, 11:24 pm »
Omnia app can stream music from Omnia S1. But it can't stream online music to S1.

HEGOM

« Reply #6 on: 2 Aug 2020, 10:42 am »
at the current date, i still see that Bubble app is not ready for IOS , so straming from a dlna server with IPAD to my WR1 (for example) , can be accomplished only in a very essential way .
The official Nuprime app also, cant display all my tags informations and cover arts (jpeg) about my FLAC collection, and cant connect with external online database to collect data on authors, album, and so on.
Its a pity that devices that sounds so nice, have a so poor software support.....

rustydoglim

« Reply #7 on: 2 Aug 2020, 12:52 pm »
Omnia S1 was meant to be a DLNA server without any app.  We are working on releasing a new Linux based update  in August with web control for Omnia S1 so that it can be remotely controlled by Windows, Mac, iOS or Android devices.