Mch 3SE-C7 Diagnostic LEDs

sac8d4

Mch 3SE-C7 Diagnostic LEDs
« on: 21 Sep 2008, 09:27 pm »
I just bought a Mch 3SE-C7, I using my Oppo 983 running directly into my Nuforce amp (atm I'm using the digital volume control on the oppo)....On first power up, I let the amp do its self test diagnostic, I waited till only the Nuforce logo was lit up, then I hit ON and 2 on the remote (selecting L and R channels), then the Leds indicated 3 in 5 were in operation yet, channels 3 and 5 are lit in green. Does green not indicate "no signal detected per the manual? Yet, Im getting sound out of these channels... Anyone have any info on this?
« Last Edit: 28 Sep 2008, 09:27 pm by sac8d4 »

Kenobi

Re: Mch 3SE-C7 Diagonistic LEDs
« Reply #1 on: 26 Sep 2008, 08:20 pm »
Hi,

I could be wrong but I think this model may have defeated the blue light entirely in favor or the green light only.  NuForce told me previously that the blue light tends to go out prematurely but could be wrong.  The fact that you're getting signal is proof that your amp is working though the blue light may be off.

Kenobi

sac8d4

« Reply #2 on: 27 Sep 2008, 12:15 am »
thx for the info Kenobi, I hope jason or casey can indicate one way or another

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2008, 07:01 pm »
The MCH has tri-color LEDs and the blue color portion is unreliable so we reprogram the display chip to not use the blue LED.
So it only has 2 status: RED for failed board (or temporary shutdown board) and GREEN for functioning board.

sac8d4

Re: Mch 3SE-C7 Diagnostic LEDs
« Reply #4 on: 28 Sep 2008, 09:29 pm »
thx Jason for the response. I just wanted to make sure my amp was finctioning properly