« on: 25 Apr 2008, 07:38 am »
Please post your response at the official Nuforce forum
http://www.nuforce.biz/nuforceBB/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Re: Icon features and accessory wish list
« Reply #1 on: 25 Apr 2008, 06:21 pm »
I have to add that any use of non-authorized Nuforce third party accessories that could potentially damage the Icon (such as power supply) will void the warranty. 

timothyharnett

« Reply #2 on: 26 Apr 2008, 01:29 am »
Bridging.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 27 Apr 2008, 06:01 am »
Premium 2 meters Icon speaker cable (Cat 6, 15 micron gold plated contacts).
[Edited by Jason - RJ45 coupler removed from the package since you can buy it for cheap in your local computer store]
MSRP $29.95  [Price updated]
(available for sale April 29)

« Last Edit: 28 Apr 2008, 11:28 pm by nuforce-jason »

Tubo

How about digital coax and Toslink inputs...
« Reply #4 on: 4 May 2008, 05:22 am »
so that a CDP or Airport Express can be hooked up to make use of the Icon's DAC?

slwiser

Re: How about digital coax and Toslink inputs...
« Reply #5 on: 4 May 2008, 02:04 pm »
so that a CDP or Airport Express can be hooked up to make use of the Icon's DAC?

Like a "digital input" in additional to the USB input?  Maybe the USB only needs a single chip (maybe using I2S) while a general digital would require a lot more board space for other chips for the digital S/PDIF interface.  I thought about this as well and came to the ideal that the RCA input would be good enough for me.  Since I am a headphone guy with headphone equipment, I am thinking of listening to my most precise headphone amp out (Lavry DA10) into the line-in to see how this works and compare it with the RCA output of my Squeezebox into the Icon.  The headphone amp method would get the use of the SB digital out into my Lavry DA10 digital to analog converter.

By the way, about the "built-in crossover network", it this for the sub-woofer when plugged in? Or is this a misnomer?

« Last Edit: 4 May 2008, 02:19 pm by slwiser »

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #6 on: 8 May 2008, 10:21 am »
By the way, about the "built-in crossover network", it this for the sub-woofer when plugged in? Or is this a misnomer?
The built-in equalizer is for the S-1, it will only be activated when the S-1 is connected to Icon using a CAT5 cable (S-1 causes pin 1 and pin 8 to be connected). The purpose of the equalizer is to provide the best frequency response for S-1.   Normally you place the equalizer+cross-over after the amp and inside the speaker so that it can work with any amp.  This circuit consumes power and not as ideal as placing it before the amp.
Therefore by limiting the use of S-1 to Icon, we can freely optimize the entire system to achieve the best possible performance.

aBe

« Reply #7 on: 14 May 2008, 06:08 am »
Hi Jason,

As for the Icon speaker cable, may I know which banana goes to which?
I mean does Red goes into the Positive or Negative input at the Loudspeaker?