AVP-17

sac8d4

AVP-17
« on: 19 Aug 2007, 12:46 am »
Jason or Casey,

I know this maybe a little ways into the future and i dont mean to be getting ahead of your current projects and debuts of others;However, when you guys release the AVP-17, are you planning on releasing it with HDMI 1.3 spec?  If not, will it be able to be updated via a download or some other means?.

Thanks in advance  aa

KrK

Re: AVP-17
« Reply #1 on: 19 Aug 2007, 09:03 am »
And a USB port, for connecting my computer!

Viclondon

« Reply #2 on: 13 Sep 2007, 03:44 pm »
Bumping this thread as I would be interested in knowing info about it like features, price and expected release

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 17 Sep 2007, 01:31 am »
http://www.nuforce.com/Product-AVP.htm

AVP-17 is essentially the same as AVP-16 with slightly improved sound quality (better Opamp but same DAC) and chassis to match MCH series.  It will be priced at $1350 with a $99 option for external HDMI 1.3 switch (full HDMI 1.3 compliance switch).  AVP-17, like AVP-16 with 7 inputs, can accept externally decoded HD audio inputs.

AVP-32 is planned for all HDMI 1.3 audio and video decoding in mid 2008.  We prefer to wait until the hardware cost comes down and format stabilized before introducing it at reasonable price.

AVP-17 will be shipping to US dealers 1st week of November.
AVP-16 will be discontinued after October 2007 and we're offering a 20% discount for a list price of $796. If you don't need to match MCH, this is a good deal.

Here's a combine image of AVP-17 and MCH-3SE:

Viclondon

« Reply #4 on: 17 Sep 2007, 12:16 pm »
Very interesting Jason.
Do you plan any upgrade path for existing customers? For example if I bought the AVP-16 now would I be able to replace it for the AVP-32 later on with a discount?
Will these products be distributed in the UK?

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 18 Sep 2007, 06:40 am »
Unlike amplifier that can be modularized, AV products can not be easily upgraded.  We'll offer a trade in program for AVP-16 or AVP-17 customers.
All our products will be available in UK.  If your dealer doesn't carry it, contact the distributor.

sac8d4

« Reply #6 on: 20 Sep 2007, 01:03 am »
So, the AVP-32 will have true video processing (ala deinterlacer and scaling) or just video pass through? On the audio side of things, the avp-32 will have more than 1 on board 1.3 spec hdmi connection vs the external HDMI 1.3 switch of the AVP-17? Also, you stated the AVP-17 will be able to accept externally decoded HD audio inputs; Will the AVP-32 differ in this regards such as  decoding of Dolby Digital Plus (DD+), Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio?

Toka

« Reply #7 on: 20 Sep 2007, 02:21 am »
Would it be possible to make 2 different variants, one with just 7 channel (fully) balanced outs, and one with just unbalanced outs? Having both takes up a lot of space, and you only use one set.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #8 on: 20 Sep 2007, 04:58 am »
No, because we have to make a lot of them in one production.

Kenobi

« Reply #9 on: 27 Feb 2009, 07:40 pm »
Anybody in the know,

Would the addition of the Oppo HM-31 allow the AVP-17 to produce True DTS-Master and Dolby Digital HD?  If so, how is it connected to the AVP?  Via RS-232C?  Does the Oppo unit come with the cable?

I think its wishful thinking and this thing may be just a video switcher.

Thanks in advance,

Kenobi

John Casler

« Reply #10 on: 27 Feb 2009, 11:35 pm »
Anybody in the know,

Would the addition of the Oppo HM-31 allow the AVP-17 to produce True DTS-Master and Dolby Digital HD?  If so, how is it connected to the AVP?  Via RS-232C?  Does the Oppo unit come with the cable?

I think its wishful thinking and this thing may be just a video switcher.

Thanks in advance,

Kenobi

You don't need the Oppo "switcher", you need the OPPO Bluray disc player and you simply use the analog outs into the AVP's analog inputs.

Only problem is the OPPO BRD plyaer is not exactly here yet, (but close).  Early adaptors are getting theirs as we speak.

Kenobi

« Reply #11 on: 4 Mar 2009, 08:24 pm »
Hi John,

Appreciate your response on this.  I'll skip the switcher then.

Regards,

Kenobi

cesarad

« Reply #12 on: 31 Mar 2009, 07:02 am »
So, what the addition of the Oppo HM-31 is for? I mean, does the OPPO HM-31 allow the AVP 17 to get HDMI inputs that it dont has? The video signal from the Oppo HM-31 will be processed through the AVP 17 or just video pass through?
Thanks in advance

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #13 on: 31 Mar 2009, 02:13 pm »
The OPPO HM-31 and AVP-17 is simply a remote control integration where you can use AVP-17 to control HM-31 HDMI video switching and HM-31 also gets the power from AVP-17.

HippO

« Reply #14 on: 1 Jul 2009, 07:38 pm »
 Is it possible to connect more than one source (for ex. a blu-ray player) to the AVP-17?
 Like using Y-cables and just have signal from one of the sources at the time....? :scratch:

Well is there a way to get the new HD sounds out from a computer or is it necessary to also bye a filmplayer...?

Excuse if I'm asking maybe   aa strange questions, but I recently bought a 60" KURO and want good sound and picture....
And the price on the AVP-17 are nice right now... Will I regret when the new AVP from NuForce comes?
Or will I do well with a good bluray-player with analog out for HD-sounds and a AVP-17??

STEF

« Reply #15 on: 1 Sep 2009, 09:43 am »
Please, what is the output impedance on AVP 17 (bal. & unbal.) ?

Regards

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
« Reply #16 on: 1 Sep 2009, 07:48 pm »
100 Ohm

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
« Reply #17 on: 1 Sep 2009, 07:49 pm »
Use a good BD player with a good analog output and connects to the 7.1 input.   I would suggest the Oppo BDP83.

Casey

Is it possible to connect more than one source (for ex. a blu-ray player) to the AVP-17?
 Like using Y-cables and just have signal from one of the sources at the time....? :scratch:

Well is there a way to get the new HD sounds out from a computer or is it necessary to also bye a filmplayer...?

Excuse if I'm asking maybe   aa strange questions, but I recently bought a 60" KURO and want good sound and picture....
And the price on the AVP-17 are nice right now... Will I regret when the new AVP from NuForce comes?
Or will I do well with a good bluray-player with analog out for HD-sounds and a AVP-17??

STEF

« Reply #18 on: 11 Sep 2009, 12:19 pm »
Hi to all,

Any (good) experiences with AVP-17 for active loudspeakers like Mackie / Genelec / Dynaudio ?
I think about my future HT with those kind of product only for front speakers.

Regards.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #19 on: 11 Sep 2009, 04:44 pm »
It is sold out.  We are thinking of continuing production of this product but no decision has been made.