Multi-room possibilities?

johng

« on: 2 Mar 2006, 04:38 pm »
I currently run a multi-room system involving three rooms in my home.  I will be adding an IA-7 to the third leg of the system which is currently daisy chained together via tape outputs on my Exposure amps.  The Exposure amps contain buffered tape outputs which allow the amp to drive long interconnects without significant degradation in sound, I'm using 65 foot interconnect to connect the three systems together.  

I was looking down the road a bit and was wondering how suitable the NuForce amps are for a multi-room setup.  I'd be interested in being able to control volume independently in each room as my current setup allows.  

I read in a NuForce owner's manual about a Master/Slave socket which is used for cascading.  Is there somewhere that explains more of what this is used for and can the pre-out on the IA-7 drive long cable lengths without significant degradation?

Thanks,
John

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
« Reply #1 on: 3 Mar 2006, 07:48 am »
The preout is a carefully designed Op-amp buffer stage, runing 20-30 feet should be fine, but I would expect some degradation.

The M/S control are not buffered, they are more designed to chain another P8/IA7 nearby.  Long M/S cable is not going to work, the command will be prone to errors caused by the environmental noise.