Dampening Khartago Cases

topside3

Dampening Khartago Cases
« on: 14 Dec 2022, 04:26 am »
Hey all, has anyone experimented with dampening the top cover of the Khartago case? If so, what do you use? Something like Dynamat?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Dampening Khartago Cases
« Reply #1 on: 14 Dec 2022, 05:59 am »
What is the prob you are having?
Some meterials are suited to be placed inside others on top of the cover, I have
used various self adhesive felt discs inside a CD player cover and worked fine.

JMW73

« Reply #2 on: 14 Dec 2022, 11:11 am »
I’d think dynamat would adversely affect cooling so I would avoid that or similar.

Also curious what your issue is?  I would think a heavy doorstop with a rubberized bottom would work well. Darko uses these with small components to avoid the cables moving/lifting them. They’re available on Amazon.

borism

« Reply #3 on: 14 Dec 2022, 04:51 pm »
I think Dynamat seems perfectly reasonable as long as you don't obstruct the vent holes on top.

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #4 on: 14 Dec 2022, 05:04 pm »
I've used similar sound dampening pads in the past with good results. Honestly I use that on more components than I'd care to admit. Usually RBL or Evercoat brands as the actual Dynamat brand is overpriced for what it brings to the table. Honestly a small square in the middle of a panel is all you really need to be effective.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #5 on: 14 Dec 2022, 10:30 pm »
I put dampening material underneath every top cover....as well as inside the units and on the boards....works very well in that vibration are turned into heat...(don't ask me how)

Can you over-do it ????   No idea

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 15 Dec 2022, 02:07 am »
Hi Topside,
Thinking about it I remembered that in the 1980s I had 2 amps that I removed the top cover in the summer for better cooling and surprisingly the sound improved a bit without the cover, then I would recommend you use the amp without the top cover, unless you live in Canada, so this way you don't will need dampening the cover, and when you are finished listening put the cover on top of the amp without the screws (store them separately) until the next audition.