Evolution DAC - missing trigger output

muellec3

Evolution DAC - missing trigger output
« on: 28 Jul 2022, 12:28 pm »
Since recently I am a proud new owner of the fabulous Evolution STA Amp.
I currently pair it with my beloved IDA-16 but am planning on moving up to a dedicated DAC/Preamp where the Evolution DAC seems the obvious choice.

As the Evolution STA is not remote controllable the on/off is only to be set by manual trigger on the amp or the trigger cable.

Hence my question: Will the Evolution DAC receive a trigger out in a "MK2" version? Or is anything new planned to succeed the Evolution DAC which includes a trigger out?
I am open to suggestions for which DAC/Preamp (providing trigger functionality) is best to pair with the Evolution STA amplifier

Thank you for your opinions - Chris

Larsf333

Re: Evolution DAC - missing trigger output
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jul 2022, 09:39 pm »
Yes, I agree with you, that it is very strange, that the evolution dac does not provide trigger out.
And as the evolution sta does not react to a remote control unit as the amg sta did, we have to find another way to turn it on.
Of course you may use the manual power on/off, or maybe use another device to do the job.
My system is the evolution sta and dac, amg pra and stream-9. And actually, the stream-9 has trigger out capability!
And the stream-9 has a remote control unit. And also a very good streamer.

The evolution sta is a very good amp, and the evolution dac is an extremely good dac, for the first time I find digitally based music played through the evolution dac sounds natural and more alive (analog), so I will recommend the evolution dac as the obvious partner to the evolution sta, even it does not provide trigger out.

muellec3

« Reply #2 on: 2 Aug 2022, 12:27 pm »
Dear Lars
Thank you for your thoughts.
Switching the EVO STA with the streamer is not a viable option for me. I have more than "just" the streamer connected to my system. Currently this is a Squeezebox for internet radio as well as the optical connection from the TV playing all AV content.
Therefore I really need a soltuion where the DAC/PreAmp is in control of the EVA STA - which I agree is a wonderful piece of Hi-Fi equipment. I love it's natural, neutral sound and the additional grip it provides to my set-up.

rustydoglim

« Reply #3 on: 3 Aug 2022, 01:49 pm »
Have you considered using a smart power socket? You can use an App to turn on the components.
This highly rated device can provide a trigger out for your DAC: https://www.amazon.com/Bobwire-Trigger-Compatible-ChromeCast-Amplifiers/dp/B07QS89MZG/

muellec3

« Reply #4 on: 3 Aug 2022, 09:11 pm »
Dear Jason
Thank you for your reply.
A smart power socket is not my preferred option as I did invest quite substationally in the power/electricity side of my set-up.
The proposed triger thing from amazon looks like an option - but I would rather know if a trigger circuit will be available to the Evolution DAC or alike in a newer version instead of adding aother box and wall-wart to my beloved system.
I am really fond of "your" gear and love my current set-ups with Nuprime and integrated, power amps and the switch. It feels like I have arrived at the end of my multi decade journey towards the perfect sound for me.

rustydoglim

« Reply #5 on: 3 Aug 2022, 09:56 pm »
If and when we have Evo DAC2, we will include trigger out. But we can't just add a trigger out to the existing Evo DAC.

muellec3

« Reply #6 on: 11 Jan 2023, 10:36 am »
Dear Jason

Thank you for your reply.

If I may add another wish: I would also appreciate a "normal" HDMI Input for ARC signals to be incorporated as I am also using my stereo set-up for the audio signals of the TV and its connected devieces. Same as many other persons I do not have a second audio system in my living room for the TV-sound.

And last but not least I  would be very happy if you could integrate roon compatibility in an upcoming version of the DAC.

Thank you for your consideration and please keep up the good work at Nuprime - I absolutely love your components and am very happy with the achieved result for the price tag of the equipment.
Best regards
Chris

muellec3

« Reply #7 on: 11 Apr 2023, 07:54 am »
Dear Jason
I have discovered that the Evolution DAC-2 is now visible on the nuprime internet page.
According to the pictures posted this new version also lacks the trigger output - despite your announcement that it will be integrated in the new version.
Therefore I will have to spend my money elsewhere in order to procure a DAC/Pre-Amp for my set-up.
I would have loved to stay within the Nuprime range in order to sustain an integrative look and support your company which really provides high sound quality for the price paid.
Chris

rustydoglim

« Reply #8 on: 12 Apr 2023, 04:00 pm »
I thought Evolution DAC-2 would include a trigger out, and I reminded them!  :duh:

It is possible that the photo was taken from a pre-production sample because engineering would be "brain-dead" if the Evolution amp has trigger-in, but Evo DAC-2 has no trigger-out.  Let me check again.

rustydoglim

« Reply #9 on: 13 Apr 2023, 08:19 am »
Luckily Evo DAC-2 has a ground connector that most people don't use, so we will convert it into a trigger out.
@muellec3 - you can order Evo DAC-2 and specify that you want the factory-configured trigger out (free of charge).

muellec3

« Reply #10 on: 13 Apr 2023, 09:25 am »
Dear Jason
Thank you for the support and the offer. But due to the lack of the streaming capability in the Evolution DAC I have decided to turn to another manufacturer and ordered a DAC which integrates the streamer and offers a display as well. This was the combination I am looking for.
Chris

rustydoglim

« Reply #11 on: 13 Apr 2023, 09:55 am »
Sure, the all-in-one system has its convenience.
For those who want to optimize the system. Combining Evolution DAC-2 with Stream-9 (especially feeding the I2S from Stream-9) will offer superior sound quality than any all-in-one streamer+DAC on the market.