Amazon HD What are you Streaming Right Now?

Mag

Re: Amazon HD What are you Streaming Right Now?
« Reply #20 on: 11 Mar 2021, 01:38 pm »
   David Arkenstone is an artist/composer of electronic New Age music whom I discovered in the mid '90s. His music is mostly instrumental, my guess, using sound samples and real instruments. Though his music doesn't appeal to everyone I think he is a musical genius.

Amazon has a Collection of his work, I notice a few albums missing, but also several newer albums I haven't heard. Anyway I am going to listen to Frontier an album I am familiar with. When I first listen to this the beginning song would distort slightly, with a resolving system and good recording it should play clean. So this is what I'll be listening for plus I like the tunes.

David Arkenstone- Frontier- 1:04 minutes, 2001

Mag

« Reply #21 on: 11 Mar 2021, 03:00 pm »
Dave Mathews- Two Step- (live) The Gorge, 2004 & All Along the Watchtower- Live in Chicago- '98

Mag

« Reply #22 on: 11 Mar 2021, 03:29 pm »
Steve Kimock Band- Eudemonic, 1:06 minutes, 2005

Mag

« Reply #23 on: 11 Mar 2021, 07:36 pm »
Please feel free to chime in with what you are Streaming. Like to hear what other people listen too.

Now I'm going to try Blue Oyster Cult, this looks like a good album:
Blue Oyster Cult- Harvester of Lives 5:04 minutes, 2016

Mag

« Reply #24 on: 12 Mar 2021, 07:33 pm »
Was listening to my created Playlists

Ok, now Streaming Pink Floyd- Pulse- 2:27 minutes, '95

Mag

« Reply #25 on: 12 Mar 2021, 10:24 pm »
Next I'm going to play the Nits, a Dutch pop rock group founded in '74. I've heard a few of their songs which i like. There are however 20 albums listed and I don't know which one to play so I selected.

Nits Hits- 43 songs, 3:20 minutes, 2000

Mag

« Reply #26 on: 13 Mar 2021, 01:14 am »

Next: ELP- Show That Never Ends. This is one of my Desert Island albums, I've been playing the album since the mid-'70s, a Masterpiece IMO. This looks to be the re-mastered version but I won't know for sure until I play it.

WELCOME BACK MY FRIENDS TO THE SHOW THAT NEVER ENDS - LADIES AND GENTLEMEN (LIVE)
Emerson, Lake & Palmer- 1:49 minutes, 1974

Wow, that was the best I have ever heard it, a real treat!
« Last Edit: 13 Mar 2021, 03:05 am by Mag »

Mag

« Reply #27 on: 13 Mar 2021, 03:10 am »
Time for some Swing music.

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy- Best of/ 20th Century, 52 minutes, 2005

Mag

« Reply #28 on: 13 Mar 2021, 04:10 am »

A vinyl album I use to have, haven't heard it in years. Fillmore East is usually the album I play.

Ten Years After- Ssssh- re-mastered, 33 minutes, 1969

Mag

« Reply #29 on: 13 Mar 2021, 04:57 am »
Have many Gary Numan albums, this one is my Go To. Mostly listened to Gary Numan in the 80's which is what my friend was listening to. Actually that is where I got my start in listening to electronic music, from him. Also he says he saw this Tour and it was one of the best light shows he had ever seen.

I'm pretty sure this is re-mastered. I recently transferred the vinyl version to digital which IMO had more depth in the details than this cd version. So I'll be listening carefully to see if this recording betters the vinyl.

Mag

« Reply #30 on: 13 Mar 2021, 12:20 pm »
   I don't remember what happened there. I took my collection of Western themes from 3 cds but the song Ecstasy of Gold I listen to doesn't match up with any of them.

Ok, I'll Stream Neil Young- Decade, 2:25 minutes, 1977.
I don't usually listen to the whole thing just a few songs from this collection

Mag

« Reply #31 on: 13 Mar 2021, 09:06 pm »
   What to Stream today, I don't know but I'll start 'er off with 'Keep the Faith' by Bon Jovi. I prefer the live version off their blu ray album but this version too sounds incredible.

Mag

« Reply #32 on: 13 Mar 2021, 09:38 pm »
Rush- Exit Stage Left, 1:16 minutes, 1981
  The cd version recording wasn't very good, we'll see how this compares. One of my favorite Rush songs 'Jacob's Ladder' is on this album, which isn't on the dvd, also this IMO has the best version of Xanadu.

The heavy bass gives the recording a dark sound. Bumping the bass back a notch and cranking it the recording is actually pretty good. Spirit of Radio at the start was just bad.

Mag

« Reply #33 on: 13 Mar 2021, 11:07 pm »

Bought this cd back in the '90s to listen to while driving taxi. Achilles Stand had a bunch of skips in it. Now I'm going to play this song without the skips.

Achilles Last Stand- re-mastered

Mag

« Reply #34 on: 13 Mar 2021, 11:30 pm »
   So we're at my friends brothers place sleeping on the floor. On the radio the DJ is playing backward masking from songs on this album. Being religious at the time I had a negative view of this albums. Now however I find the album Epic.

Mag

« Reply #35 on: 14 Mar 2021, 12:29 am »
   Mellowing out going to mellow out some more with Simon & Garfunkel.

Mag

« Reply #36 on: 14 Mar 2021, 04:38 am »
Now that I'm all mellowed out going to try some Ram Jam. Heard the song Black Betty streamed at work and thought it was pretty good.

Mag

« Reply #37 on: 14 Mar 2021, 05:24 am »

Have this one in sacd but almost never played it.

Mag

« Reply #38 on: 14 Mar 2021, 06:56 am »
Another Blue Oyster Cult

Mag

« Reply #39 on: 14 Mar 2021, 01:31 pm »
Warren Zevon- Envoy