TV Stand that will allow for Salk HTC

ThomasKott

TV Stand that will allow for Salk HTC
« on: 8 Mar 2011, 04:08 am »
Does anyone use a purchased TV stand (i.e. one with the shelves and tv mount...or tv set on top of the stand) with your Salk Speaker setup? I've purchased Salk HT2-TL speakers and an HTC Center. Now I'm trying to find a tv stand/entertainment center that will accommodate the HTC and my receiver (..sizes are noted below).  Can anyone provide recommendations?

HxWxD and lbs weight
Receiver (Pioneer SC-07) 7.87 x 16.45 x 18.09 40lbs
Salk Center 9.00 x 22.00 x 14 40lbs
TV - 50" Plasma
Additionally I would be putting a blue ray player and cable box on the stand. However, those are both small and won't be much of an issue.

Any help is much appreciated!

vermont99

Re: TV Stand that will allow for Salk HTC
« Reply #1 on: 8 Mar 2011, 01:32 pm »
You can try

http://www.standoutdesigns.com/

I have their Horizon N702 XL Solid Wood unit is very well made no veneer.
The HTC will fit the center speaker opening is opening 9.75” X 25.75” inch. I also have a 60” Pioneer Elite Pro 151FD on it unit also has 6 hidden rollers.

Nuance

« Reply #2 on: 8 Mar 2011, 02:14 pm »
I like Standout Designs and Salamander a lot, but those prices a bit steep.  My preamp costs less than those!  :o  Still, they are well constructed units and very nice to look at.  I am still looking for a cheaper quality knock-off, though.  If I find one I'll be sure to share it with ya'll.

TJHUB

« Reply #3 on: 8 Mar 2011, 03:58 pm »
I love my StudioTech stand.  You can see some pics in my gallery.  It is made very well, it has great venting, lots of great features, and is very flexible.  If I was to make the decision all over again, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

One thing to note is that the Ultra U-22T has a center shelf width of 25" which makes it perfect for center channel speakers. 

www.studiotech.com

Let me know if I can answer any further questions my stand.  I wish someone could have answered some questions for me prior to my purchasing it.  Luckily it worked out perfectly.

coke

« Reply #4 on: 8 Mar 2011, 04:08 pm »
If you have the room, mounting the center above your tv instead of below is a simple solution.  A small shelf would be all you need I think.

Nuance

« Reply #5 on: 8 Mar 2011, 06:20 pm »
I love my StudioTech stand.  You can see some pics in my gallery.  It is made very well, it has great venting, lots of great features, and is very flexible.  If I was to make the decision all over again, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

One thing to note is that the Ultra U-22T has a center shelf width of 25" which makes it perfect for center channel speakers. 

www.studiotech.com

Let me know if I can answer any further questions my stand.  I wish someone could have answered some questions for me prior to my purchasing it.  Luckily it worked out perfectly.

I like your stand a lot.  What's the cost, though? 

TJHUB

« Reply #6 on: 8 Mar 2011, 06:27 pm »
I like your stand a lot.  What's the cost, though?

I don't remember exactly, but it was just over $1,000.00 shipped.  I'm thinking it was ~$1,060.00 shipped.  I found an online store selling it and did not buy direct from StudioTech. 

Advent75

« Reply #7 on: 8 Mar 2011, 06:53 pm »
Go to "www.plateaucorp.com". Jim made HTC Cntr @ 18.5"D x 28"W x 10"T for me. Plateau's SR-V(75)" model now houses HTC Cntr Speaker. You can purchase direct from Plateau or find vendors that sell Plateau products. Be shure to click "FEATURED SPECIALS" for savings.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #8 on: 8 Mar 2011, 07:59 pm »
If you have the room, mounting the center above your tv instead of below is a simple solution.  A small shelf would be all you need I think.

That's what I did...

George

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #9 on: 9 Mar 2011, 12:17 am »
That's what I did...

George

Boy--you guys sure make it hard on center channel crossover designers.  Sometimes there's a cabinet front below the center channel, sometimes a receiver, sometimes a big TV, sometimes nothing--all of that changes the midrange response dramatically.  I never know how to measure.  Maybe I'll just get a Federal regualtion promulgated requiring a standardized home theater installation configuration.  Oh Federal Trade Commission..............

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #10 on: 9 Mar 2011, 12:22 am »
Dennis,

Given that this isn't my primary HT, but rather the family room setup, I went for functionality over ultimate performance.

Don't worry, I made life "easy" for you in the dedicated HT by using three SongTowers.   Funny how that "center channel" blends seamlessly with the L/R.

George

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #11 on: 9 Mar 2011, 12:30 am »
Dennis,

Given that this isn't my primary HT, but rather the family room setup, I went for functionality over ultimate performance.

Don't worry, I made life "easy" for you in the dedicated HT by using three SongTowers.   Funny how that "center channel" blends seamlessly with the L/R.

George

That's IT.  Everyone has to buy three SongTowers.   Or Three HT2's.  Excellent suggestion.   

mathgeek97

« Reply #12 on: 9 Mar 2011, 01:03 am »
That's IT.  Everyone has to buy three SongTowers.   Or Three HT2's.  Excellent suggestion.

7.1 Surround.  Don't we all need 7 HT2s?  Well, 2 HT2-TLs, and 5 HT2s?
Hmm, so, all I really need is the 5 HT2s.  *looks in wallet*  D'oh!!!!  :duh:

divisionbell77

« Reply #13 on: 9 Mar 2011, 01:07 am »
Big fan of BDI.  Expensive, but the features they offer i find to be the best. 

Most have wheels for getting to the rear of the unit easy, good wire management, adjustable shelves with vents, very good quality hinges, removable back panels, ect.

http://www.bdiusa.com/

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #14 on: 9 Mar 2011, 02:49 am »
This post is a bit dated, but you may want to ask Jim.  :thumb:

Congrats on the new gear,

Jerry

Nuance

« Reply #15 on: 10 Mar 2011, 01:41 pm »
This post is a bit dated, but you may want to ask Jim.  :thumb:

Congrats on the new gear,

Jerry

Yeah, what ever happened to the modular TV Stand idea?  If the price didn't break the wallet I could use one right now.

ratso

« Reply #16 on: 10 Mar 2011, 03:21 pm »
Does anyone use a purchased TV stand (i.e. one with the shelves and tv mount...or tv set on top of the stand) with your Salk Speaker setup?

good luck with that. a huge pet peeve of mine here. how all these manufacturers that make "AV stands" that don't actually fit any normally sized AV equipment. it's hard just to get a normal AVR into most. i have actually resorted to asking jim if he can make me a song center small enough to fit in the space of my sanus stand, but i don't honestly know if that's physically possible.

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
« Reply #17 on: 10 Mar 2011, 03:59 pm »
I bought a stand from Steve Blinn Designs. Unfortunately, it is still boxed up while we wait to move. The stands look to be very well made and provide the all important WAF.

http://www.steveblinndesigns.com/

peabody

« Reply #18 on: 10 Mar 2011, 04:18 pm »
I had Jim build a custom stand for me.  I had very specific size restrictions as it had to fit into my wall unit and Jim did a great job.  The HTC fits perfect with a couple shelves on either side.  The cost was around $1200.  I would suggest contacting Jim and he can build one to your exact specifications.

Pete

Big Red Machine

« Reply #19 on: 10 Mar 2011, 04:48 pm »
Boy--you guys sure make it hard on center channel crossover designers.  Sometimes there's a cabinet front below the center channel, sometimes a receiver, sometimes a big TV, sometimes nothing--all of that changes the midrange response dramatically.  I never know how to measure.  Maybe I'll just get a Federal regualtion promulgated requiring a standardized home theater installation configuration.  Oh Federal Trade Commission..............

What's wrong with a knob?  You know, like the "tubiness" knob on some preamps. :duh:

How's the dog?  Ours is a sweetheart.  Never been more attached to a dog so quickly.