Is my room too small for good speakers?

Vulcan00

• SEM Micrograph of Dendritic Structure
Re: Is my room too small for good speakers?
« Reply #20 on: 8 Nov 2010, 06:43 pm »
I had to sacrifice my main living area in order to accommodate the HT2-TL’s. My wait for a new place is almost up. I am sure happy with my decision. Did I miss whether you heard the HT2-TL’s?  I think you will be very happy if you can place them along the rails. I had mine at one time with much less distance from speaker to seating than yours and it was great. I don’t like the 5 ft distance between arrangement. Up against the rail, proper toe-in,  it will be great.  You need to plan for some sound panels on the back walls.

Only one thing your statement "and I also want something that I won't feel the urge to upgrade in a year or two, whether I am here in the same house or in a new one".                   that might not be possible, I find myself wanting the SS10.

Good luck in your decision,

Harrison

Nuance

Re: Is my room too small for good speakers?
« Reply #21 on: 9 Nov 2010, 06:36 pm »
Get the ones you want and enjoy them, the time will go by quickly and even if it takes longer you'll still have smokin good speakers!!

This.  Practicality says get a pair of monitors and a subwoofer, but if you really do plan to move, you'll probably regret not going with "your dream speaker" when the time comes.  They might not sound "stellar" in your current room, but I bet they do when you buy your home.

Oh, and get some room treatments for that loft; they'll help immensely!