Introduction

guf

Introduction
« on: 19 May 2012, 09:45 pm »
I Introduced and was welcomed on another forum but wanted to say hello here. I'm guf, from san francisco. I bought the "available now" walnut HT2-Tls a few weeks ago and have had them since Tuesday.

I had a thought about upgrading my current set up. The thought turned into a process....and the process went from a local purchase of monitor audio rx6s to finding Salks. Then with in just a few nights of constant obsessing I went from song towers -> song towers with ribbon tweeters -> super charged song towers. Then lastly The available now HT2-TL. All really quick my budget tripled. But I took the chance based on others hard work and research. I had never listen to them but I knew they had to be wonderful.

I ordered them and had them in a week. In that week I purchased a Parasound 2250 amp to hook up to my older Integra receiver.  And I was ready when they arrived on Tuesday. I have spend an unbelievable amount of time listening to new stuff, old stuff, jazz, rock, live, audience recorded bootlegs. I keep saying "ok one more song then I'll step away". nope. Hours and hours.  I am amazed by everything I've thrown at them. I am noticing things I have never heard before in recordings....good  and bad. They truly do bring out the how the music was recorded and produced. 

Of course the finish is amazing. Sure mine are the simple, understated, walnut but they are even amazing when they are not playing music. Its rare I purchase something and continue to have the constant gratification.

Thanks!

heres a few photos. The "floor treatments" belong to Ginger and Otis. (ginger is pictured)

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2012, 09:55 pm »
Welcome to the Salk community GUF

looks like your dog is very comfortable with the speakers!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2012, 10:24 pm »
Welcom guf, you'll find many of the same folks here as the other forum. Of course you'll find Nuance anywhere there are speakers to be heard.  :lol:  Glad to hear you feel your leap of faith was well rewarded. Enjoy and bring Ginger & Otis around anytime.  :thumb:

funkmonkey

« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2012, 10:44 pm »
Cheers and welcome to AC, and SALK ownership.  Glad to hear that you are enjoying your "impulse" buy.  :thumb: