Building a "woman cave" - (Momma's home theater, kitchen, living/family rooms)

richidoo

Super Awesome!! You are a talented gentleman. You are very blessed Bob!

nicksgem10s

Really nice work Bob.  Another Hawthorne Audio master craftsman displaying his skills. 

The step by step build photos and descriptions are inspirational  :thumb:

-Nick

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Thanks for the complements guys!  :D

Mark, Unfortunately, there won't be any OB speakers. In fact, there isn't room for any speakers in there. She's just using the OE speakers on the TV. In the early days of this project, I was thinking I could squeeze a pair of Ed's horns between the TV, but we got carried away with 50" instead of a forty-something.
No regrets though. That plasma is amazing. Besides, how good of sound quality do we need for the news.  :lol:

Ed, No worries dude. I've already been in contact with your wife. She has the materials list and instructions in an email.  :icon_twisted:

Bob, ha ha Yea, Tina put away the cattle prod too. She found that bribing me with beer was more affective than physical attacks.   :lol:

Anand, yes it's XMen.  :thumb:

Scott, that's just one of the projects that has kept me busy recently. I'm sure *you* of all people know where I'm coming from.   :P

Thanks again to all for the kind words!
Bob

ltr317

Bob - Congrats on a major renovation.  My head's spinning just from reading and looking at the photos on your progress.   :thumb:

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
That ain't no cave.   :duh:

Great job.  :thumb:

Scott F.

Scott, that's just one of the projects that has kept me busy recently. I'm sure *you* of all people know where I'm coming from.   :P

I feel your pain  :lol:

JoshK

Dude, that is something else!  I've a good idea of how much work all that was.  Amazing how much more modern the place looks now. 

As far as speakers go, you could hang a pair of monitors from the ceiling. 

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
Paul, Rim and Josh...Thanks fellas!  :thumb:

Scott, yea... Between the back porch and the basement, I knew that would strike a nerve with you.  :lol:

Josh, GREAT idea about the monitors. But I'm not thinking she'll fall for it.  :nono: :lol:

Bob

Big Red Machine

Nice Bob!  Have a beer while we admire your work! :beer:

JoshK

Hang something like these from the ceiling and they wouldn't be very noticeable.
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=246-748

Thanks Josh, but your definition of "wouldn't be very noticeable" and my wifes may differ a bit. A 20" long enclosure with an 8" woofer hanging from the ceiling may be beyond the WAF.  :lol:  :lol: :lol:

BRM, Thanks man! Not sure how many beers went into that project, but it was a lot.  :green:

Bob
« Last Edit: 7 Apr 2011, 09:09 pm by Bob in St. Louis »

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
Hang something like these from the ceiling and they wouldn't be very noticeable.
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=246-748

Thanks Josh, but your definition of "wouldn't be very noticeable" and my wifes may differ a bit. A 20" long enclosure with an 8" woofer hanging from the ceiling may be beyond the WAF.  :lol:  :lol: :lol:

BRM, Thanks man! Not sure how many beers went into that project, but it was a lot.  :green:

Bob

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
 :o ...... Umm ......  :scratch:
In the process of replying, I seem to have edited Josh's post. Ummm....  :dunno:

srb

:o ...... Umm ......  :scratch:
In the process of replying, I seem to have edited Josh's post. Ummm....  :dunno:

How did you do that?  I see you're a "Super-hero Poster", but I didn't know you had Super Poster Powers.

Steve

TheChairGuy

Cool stuff, Bob - loved the read.

Wish I had 1/5 the DIY skills you have. 

Enjoy your/her hard work - and the family, too  :thumb:

Ciao, John

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer

How did you do that?  I see you're a "Super-hero Poster", but I didn't know you had Super Poster Powers.

Steve
Not sure Steve. But one thing's for sure....I'll be more careful where I aim my mouse from now on.  :lol:
JohnR just gave me the "title" the other day, in jest because I was razzing him a bit. I'm certain I didn't gain/earn any "powers".

Thanks John, those are big words from the developer of MAGNA.  :wink:

Bob

TheChairGuy

Thanks John, those are big words from the developer of MAGNA.  :wink:

Ha - take the kudos from a quite ordinary klutz, tho...I've never (personally) actually BUILT a single Magna Cart.

It wouldn't be a very pretty or saleable product if I did :icon_lol:

JohnR

Don't you super-heroes go making a mess in here or anything  :icon_twisted: ;)

Bloody nice work there Bob. I'm not going to be showing my SO this thread that's for sure :lol:

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Interesting trim on the floors - what is that called?

Edit: Ok I see you don't know what it is called other than baseboard 'cool stuff'  :)

If I was a kid it would be a castle in my play-universe. I assume there is an inside corner for the corner pieces?

« Last Edit: 8 Apr 2011, 06:13 pm by jqp »

JoshK

Your not the only one with that title Bob.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Very nice work Bob.   :thumb: :thumb:

Could have used your skills when building some things in my HT.

Super-Heroes...I can think of a few other phrases to describe us folks with 6500+ posts here on AC.    :wink:

George