New Diffusers made a Huge Difference

Audiosaurusrex

New Diffusers made a Huge Difference
« on: 26 Mar 2020, 06:44 pm »
Wow, opened up and deepened the sound stage and they look great!

TomS

Re: New Diffusers made a Huge Difference
« Reply #1 on: 26 Mar 2020, 07:57 pm »
Looks great, nicely done! I've been looking at those panels too as GIK makes some really nice stuff these days. Your lab also seems to be right at home, just like my chocolate ;-)

studiotech

« Reply #2 on: 26 Mar 2020, 09:34 pm »
Looks great!  Is that photo printed panel Bermuda?

Greg

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #3 on: 27 Mar 2020, 12:46 am »
Looks great!  Is that photo printed panel Bermuda?

Greg
Yes Greg I shot it at The Loren and had the acoustic sound panel done at Acoustic Sound Panels.

studiotech

« Reply #4 on: 28 Mar 2020, 11:22 pm »
Very nice.  Seems like I can always spot it as Bermuda, not matter how obscure the photo.  Been to the island over a dozen times now myself.  How was your experience at The Loren?

Is it a 4" thick panel?  Rigid fiberglass or Bonded Logic inside?

Greg

Big Red Machine

« Reply #5 on: 29 Mar 2020, 01:48 am »
I've got two sets of similar diffusers coming. Finally shipped yesterday.

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #6 on: 29 Mar 2020, 02:41 pm »
Very nice.  Seems like I can always spot it as Bermuda, not matter how obscure the photo.  Been to the island over a dozen times now myself.  How was your experience at The Loren?

Is it a 4" thick panel?  Rigid fiberglass or Bonded Logic inside?

Greg
Yes the Loren was amazing. Top Notch Service and the whole Island is just so enjoyable. I went off peak so the weather wasn't the greatest but love going back. It is my third time back. Easy 2 hour flight from Boston so that's good for me.
The Acoustic Panel has the rigid fiberglass and with the GIK treatments I am very very satisfied.
One thing I did was mixed up the thicknesses throughout the room and I found this really had a nice visual and sonic effect.
I've been demoing the Synergistic Foundation Series compared to my Anticables and might be selling them soon Love the SR's so far.
I'd like to say I'm almost done  :roll:

freedomgli

« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2020, 01:14 am »
I'd like to say I'm almost done  :roll:

Hahaha famous last words. Your room looks great. I like that you had a happy memory printed onto the sound abortion panel.

JWL.GIK

• Facilitator
    • GIK Acoustics
« Reply #8 on: 18 Jun 2020, 02:19 pm »
Nice work! I love the color scheme you have with your narrow Impression panels.....

jtcf

« Reply #9 on: 18 Jun 2020, 02:32 pm »
Looks great and I'm sure sounds great too!So many people don't realize how aesthetically pleasing room treatments can be.

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #10 on: 18 Jun 2020, 11:32 pm »
Thanks the room sounds amazing and has a very comfortable vibe. I have 8 24x48x4 absorption panels including the artwork and 4 GIK diffusion panels. The room is noticeably quiet when you walk in. But what it does for the music is riveting.