Integer mode

andrewd01

Integer mode
« on: 19 Feb 2013, 07:45 pm »
Steve,

There are some very positive reports on forums like CA that integer mode is something that makes a substantial difference to DAC performance.  Do you have plans to implement changes in future Offramps/Overdives so that integer mode is supported?  If so what is the timimg for these changes?

Keep up the great work, very much enjoying the OR4 and short block.

Cheers,
Andrew

audioengr

Re: Integer mode
« Reply #1 on: 20 Feb 2013, 03:52 am »
Steve,

There are some very positive reports on forums like CA that integer mode is something that makes a substantial difference to DAC performance.  Do you have plans to implement changes in future Offramps/Overdives so that integer mode is supported?  If so what is the timimg for these changes?

Keep up the great work, very much enjoying the OR4 and short block.

Cheers,
Andrew

I am planning to do a new USB interface that is XMOS.  This should work.  I am not geting too much cooperation from XMOS guys, so this may take a while...

Steve N.

andrewd01

« Reply #2 on: 20 Feb 2013, 09:51 pm »
Steve, awesome.  Can you explain what XMOS is?

wisnon

« Reply #3 on: 20 Feb 2013, 10:25 pm »
Its a brand of USB receiver chips.... Tenor is another brand, for example

audioengr

« Reply #4 on: 21 Feb 2013, 01:30 am »
Steve, awesome.  Can you explain what XMOS is?

XMOS develops embedded processors that are well suited for audio interfaces.  Its nice because a company can develop an interface without paying a license fee.  They provide reference designs too.  You end up using their chips, so they come out on the deal.

Steve N.

wikeeboy

« Reply #5 on: 9 Mar 2013, 10:21 am »
Hi Steve

Exciting news re integer mode.

Is it most likely the XMOS board will be part of a completely new unit, or will it be a possible upgrade for the current OR5?

Thanks

audioengr

« Reply #6 on: 9 Mar 2013, 06:28 pm »
Hi Steve

Exciting news re integer mode.

Is it most likely the XMOS board will be part of a completely new unit, or will it be a possible upgrade for the current OR5?

Thanks

I'm planning to make it an upgrade for OR5.  I may call it OR6 though and have a new front panel.

Steve N.