Amadeus GTA speed adjustment

newvinyl

Amadeus GTA speed adjustment
« on: 12 Sep 2019, 10:00 pm »
It's really hard to adjust the speed on my Amadeus GTA. There's a tiny little resessed screw on the back that I don't have easy access to. I have to get a small screw driver aligned with the screw head by feel, not by sight. Pain in the butt! After I get the screw driver aligned with the screw, no problems adjusting the speed. (sometimes it needs a little tweek)

First, is there suppose to be an external knob so that I could adjust by hand? I purchased mine used and there is no knob.
Second, if no knob, any secrets to finding that screw slot?

That's my only complaint with the turntable. Other than that, it's fantastic.

RPM123

Re: Amadeus GTA speed adjustment
« Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 2019, 03:10 am »
No external knob until you move up to the Amadeus 254 GT or the Royale 400. Actually, a speed control box comes with the units, I believe. The company wants you to have to work to attain the correct speed for the "lesser" units.  :D

Kimiimacman

« Reply #2 on: 13 Sep 2019, 09:45 am »
It's really hard to adjust the speed on my Amadeus GTA. There's a tiny little resessed screw on the back that I don't have easy access to. I have to get a small screw driver aligned with the screw head by feel, not by sight. Pain in the butt! After I get the screw driver aligned with the screw, no problems adjusting the speed. (sometimes it needs a little tweek)

First, is there suppose to be an external knob so that I could adjust by hand? I purchased mine used and there is no knob.
Second, if no knob, any secrets to finding that screw slot?

That's my only complaint with the turntable. Other than that, it's fantastic.
Pick yourself up one of these;

It has a captive blade so simple insert and slowly twist until the blade locates. Pear Audio sometimes include one with the Versalex cut to just 2 inches for easy use when the deck is close to a wall.

Simon

newvinyl

« Reply #3 on: 13 Sep 2019, 02:36 pm »
Thanks for the replies.

I'll have to get one of those nifty screw drivers (and cut it short). Or upgrade to an AMADEUS 254 GT  :D

mick wolfe

« Reply #4 on: 13 Sep 2019, 04:38 pm »
I slid flexible clear plastic tubing over the shaft of my small screwdriver with just a bit of the tip exposed. The "right" size tubing will fit over the shaft very tightly yet be small enough to enter the access hole on the back of the Amadeus. You can adjust the tubing to see what works best for you, either the blade slightly recessed or slightly exposed.

ADiG

« Reply #5 on: 19 Sep 2019, 07:11 am »
Before adjusting the speed, wait ten minutes, allowing the dragging system to stabilize.

Regards