No, I think that'd be lame.
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: 26 Nov 2003, 10:46 pm

NC Audiophiles Circle?

Carlman

NC Audiophiles Circle?
« on: 16 Nov 2003, 10:46 pm »
I am posting a poll to see if the people in NC would be interested in starting a circle here?  I think there would be a lot to gain here.  When good artists come to the area, audio meets/shootouts, etc.

I'm in the Triangle and I know others are in the Triad... and some are in the mountains... So, I would appreciate any input on whether you want to keep it central or branch out... or just figure it out as time goes on...

Thanks,
Carl

Hantra

NC Audiophiles Circle?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Nov 2003, 09:52 pm »
How about a "Mid-Atlantic" Circle or something more regional. . maybe Carolinas. .  I am on a couple of car forums, and that seems to work better.  We don't want to have 50 forums here for each state.  Does that make sense?

I don't think it will take away from our sovereignty, or the fact that NC is the BEST of all the mid-atlantic states. . hahaha

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
NC Audiophiles Circle?
« Reply #2 on: 17 Nov 2003, 10:13 pm »
I think a SoDak Audio Circle would be great for all us South Dakota audiophools.  Let's hear what all you SD guys think.

Hello?  Helloooo......................Hmm, guess I'm the only one!
 :oops:  :lol:

Carlman

NC Audiophiles Circle?
« Reply #3 on: 17 Nov 2003, 10:31 pm »
I agree with Hantra to a degree... but, it creates a good question... what does AC want going forward?  50 states or how many regions?  If there's a mid-atlantic, who doesn't get included in the Southeast or Northeast? e.g. MD is mid-Atlantic and SC is not.

So, if the direction is toward regions, I would think they need to be very small.  I would be OK with 'the Carolina's' ... I'd be OK with a lot of different divisions.  I don't know if that would help Rob's region of 'the Dakota's' ;) but, maybe he'd get the other audiophool in that area.
 :lol:
I'd like to hear what people think more on this before I edit the poll or whatnot.  What do the AC powers that be think of all this?

-Carl

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
NC Audiophiles Circle?
« Reply #4 on: 17 Nov 2003, 10:56 pm »
I think a group name should be based on where people actually meet together. Then, if the meetings rotate from city to city it is a region or state or country group (Aussie Pie, Piedmont Audio Group, North Carolina Audiophiles). If it is nearly always in one city then the group is a city group (Denver Audio Mafia, New York ?).

PhilNYC

NC Audiophiles Circle?
« Reply #5 on: 17 Nov 2003, 11:02 pm »
Sorry for the intrusion by a New Yorker, but here's my two cents...

Seems to me that one of the main reasons for doing a region-specific circle is to connect audiophiles together who are close in proximity for the purposes of getting together or letting people know about local activities (eg. concerts, sales, etc).  And knowing the audiophiles that I do, many are willing to travel a couple of hours for things like these.  Having said that, it doesn't seem that useful to me to have, say, a Mid-Atlantic circle that includes folks from South Carolina all the way up to Baltimore, because for the most part I don't see someone driving all the way from Charlotte to a couple-hour gathering in DC.  And as far as connecting people for the purposes of online discussions about audio in general, a local circle isn't really necessary (that's what the main circles are for, right?)

Of course, I could be wrong....

jqp

• Volunteer
NC Audiophiles Circle?
« Reply #6 on: 17 Nov 2003, 11:14 pm »
So the name is officially Off Broadway Audiophiles!

Carlman

NC Audiophiles Circle?
« Reply #7 on: 18 Nov 2003, 12:24 am »
OK... I'm leaving it as-is.  Good points have been made and I agree with them.  I've seen at least a good handful of people on AC from the Greensboro, Raleigh and Charlotte areas and I've met a few members as well... all of which were serious about this hobby and had a lot to offer fellow audiophiles.

So, vote, VOTE YAY to NC! :)

theborg

NC Audiophiles Circle?
« Reply #8 on: 20 Nov 2003, 02:59 am »
This circle will of course be called the triangle? :lol:

So there are three from NC so far? Carlman, is it a go IYO?

Hantra

NC Audiophiles Circle?
« Reply #9 on: 20 Nov 2003, 03:09 am »
I'll volunteer to facilitate. . .   :lol:

Carlman

NC Audiophiles Circle?
« Reply #10 on: 20 Nov 2003, 03:40 am »
I was hoping for a little more enthusiastic response so, how about we let this poll go on through the weekend?  I'll log on Sunday night to see whether anything's popped up.

-Carl

jqp

• Volunteer
NC Audiophiles Circle?
« Reply #11 on: 20 Nov 2003, 05:44 am »
I know there are 4 or 5 more from NC  :scratch:

Hantra

NC Audiophiles Circle?
« Reply #12 on: 3 Feb 2004, 12:51 am »
If 80% think it's a good idea, are we going to do a Carolina regional Circle?

B

Carlman

NC Audiophiles Circle?
« Reply #13 on: 4 Feb 2004, 12:33 am »
Quote from: Hantra
If 80% think it's a good idea, are we going to do a Carolina regional Circle?

B

How about a new circle then?   :lol:
I wanted to keep it specific to NC since I don't know of anyone in SC willing to drive up here and meet... hence the name NC A...

Well.. here we go...

sheadlee

NC Audiophiles Circle?
« Reply #14 on: 4 Feb 2004, 09:06 pm »
It's been awhile since I checked in, here. Yes, I think a NC group would be a great idea. It can be valuable to know where or who others are (relatively close by) who share the 'sickness'/joy :wink:

Steve

ncaudio

NC Audiophiles Circle?
« Reply #15 on: 13 Feb 2004, 10:50 pm »
We have an active group in the Cary-Apex area, but I think I'm the one that visits this group the most. The group is called the Piedmont Audio society and we have club meetings about 7 times a year, but have a number of members that meet on Sundays (pretty regularly) at the club president's house to construct equipment. There is another audiophile that sometimes visits here that has a tact RCS/2150 and Talon speakers.

Roger in Apex

Carlman

NC Audiophiles Circle?
« Reply #16 on: 14 Feb 2004, 12:32 am »
Roger,
I'm going to try and make the PAS meeting this coming Sunday.  I met Drew B about a year ago but, we haven't kept in touch much.  So, maybe we'll meet Sunday?  I haven't heard from Drew as to what time, though.

-Carl