Vandersteen 2Ce in the house — one woofer “rattles”??

Geworthomd

Re: Vandersteen 2Ce in the house — one woofer “rattles”??
« Reply #40 on: 24 Dec 2023, 02:20 am »
Unfortunately, one of the woofers seems to have an issue....

It’s only noticeable when loud and when there’s lots of bass.

Anyone out there ever fix one of these?

Thanks.

I realize that this is an old post. Newer neodymium magnet speakers are a better replacement. My woofer went out and I put a JBL in place. For those that need an old paper one Philips and several others can be found on ebay. I want to get rid of my 2CE that I don’t use because I bought B&W Diamond II. There is no comparison but then the Vandersteins used were $400 and the B&W were $12k. Apples and oranges. I have a pair of B&W SCM?  That I also matched up before I changed over. These were $400 used. The mid range, tweeter and mid-base are miles apart with again the B&W in the lead. The V’s have better base but that is expected from the larger base driver. The V’s don’t handle that much power as compared to the new ones. I also have a pair of Maggies in the closet. Here the highs, mid and upper mid base are fantastic and blow everything away, well not blow bec they don’t have much power handling. I added a sub with a high band pass setting. It was ok but there is no substitute for a bigger base cabinet and driver. The 2CE were top line in their day. Like tube amplifiers, they cannot compare to the new stuff. The neodynium magnets produce such a faster response which translates into less distortion. I tried tilting my 2CE up but could not hear any difference. These are just my thoughts. If u own a pair you can do whatever you like. I own these and can make plant stands out of them bec I own them. Then again, my 1961 Corvette is far from original for similar reasons.