BRYSTON BDP-1/2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD

s4s4s4

Re: BRYSTON BDP-1/2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #600 on: 3 Jul 2013, 02:10 am »
Hope this not a repeat, but my player doesn't see my apple protected files??????

Phil

« Reply #601 on: 3 Jul 2013, 02:36 am »
I've read that it is OK to use both SPDIF and AES/EBU outputs simultaneously.

Any problem with sound quality used this way?  I'm assuming not.

Thanks.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #602 on: 3 Jul 2013, 02:44 am »
You assume correctly

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #603 on: 3 Jul 2013, 02:46 am »
Hope this not a repeat, but my player doesn't see my apple protected files??????

The BDP is unable to playback drm protected media; however if your problem is that you can't playback any mpeg based formats then you may wish to consider the latest beta release of the firmware.

Cheers,
Chris

drummermitchell

« Reply #604 on: 10 Jul 2013, 01:40 pm »
I believe I had read somewhere here that the BDP-1 is slower than the BDP-2.
Is that for loading up tracks or is it going from one track to the next.
Haven't heard any complaints about the slowness of either.
Almost ready to buy a BDP,seems the BDP-1 is right for me as I don't need a bazillion tracks.
Thoughts would be a good thing,thx.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #605 on: 10 Jul 2013, 02:11 pm »
I believe I had read somewhere here that the BDP-1 is slower than the BDP-2.
Is that for loading up tracks or is it going from one track to the next.
Haven't heard any complaints about the slowness of either.
Almost ready to buy a BDP,seems the BDP-1 is right for me as I don't need a bazillion tracks.
Thoughts would be a good thing,thx.

Hi Don

Every function is faster with the BDP-2 but not to the extent that it is fustrating to use either one.  The BDP-2 though is the better option if you see yourself wanting to use some of the new products we are planning on iuntroducing to be used with the BDP-2.

james

drummermitchell

« Reply #606 on: 10 Jul 2013, 02:18 pm »
Oh my,James what new products....BOT,you did say product(S)correct.
what might they be,course maybe I shouldn't know these things,could be bad,thx.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #607 on: 10 Jul 2013, 02:32 pm »
Oh my,James what new products....BOT,you did say product(S)correct.
what might they be,course maybe I shouldn't know these things,could be bad,thx.

Yes the BOT idea is one but we have some further thoughts on how to better integrate the rip and play function of the BOT using the BDP-2.  Also the 3 times speed advantage and 8 times more memory advanatge of the BDP-2 allows us to look at other peripheral options.

james

drummermitchell

« Reply #608 on: 10 Jul 2013, 02:37 pm »
VG,BDP-2 it is as nothing worse than repurchasing for significant upgrades,thanks(I think) :lol:.

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #609 on: 10 Jul 2013, 08:55 pm »
I am a delighted relatively newbie owner of a BDP-1. 

From my Squeezebox days, I was a great fan of Radio Paradise when I was not in serious listening mode.  Through bRadio on the BDP-1 I have successfully added the 128 kbit Radio Paradise stream. However, I have read that there is a 320 kbit Radio Paradise stream through NAIM. 

If it is possible to stream 320 kbit Radio Paradise, would someone kindly walk me through the steps to do so.

Many thanks

Tim

Hi Tim, Can you send me the info on the 320kbps radio paradise stream you're talking about? I didn't know one existed. I listen to the 192kbps ogg stream regularly and it sounds much better than the MP3.

-Gary

Timslim18

« Reply #610 on: 10 Jul 2013, 10:13 pm »
I'm hoping someone can help with a question.  Why doesn't album art, artist, song or album show on max/bdp1 when listening to Internet radio stations.  Radio paradise in particular, either the 128 or the 320 Naim stream.

Thanks

Hi MJW:

How do you get the "320 Naim stream" of Radio Paradise you mentioned in your Feb/13 post?

I and several other BDP-1 fans are very curious.

Kindly advise.

Thanks,

Tim

mikemalter

• Have a nice cup of coffee
    • The Computer Mutt Blog a repository of divergent computer knowledge
« Reply #611 on: 11 Jul 2013, 09:31 pm »
This is the link that I use:

http://radioparadise.com/m3u/aac-320.m3u

This "splits" into three links and I chose the third one which is New York. 

I am listening to Radio Paradise and the sound quality rivals audio from my hard drive. 

Mike

drummermitchell

« Reply #612 on: 12 Jul 2013, 12:25 am »
Bit the bullet and ordered the BDP-2(black 19")with blu leds.
wondering does the BDP-2 come with a sample TD.
Also or all TD's alike as far as putting music on them if say using DB poweramp,
frig still use to cd's,almost as bad as tape.
Perhaps I'll have to call Chris when she comes in as I'm not sure if I'll connect to computer or not.
Unknown BDP  territory out here.

So There

• Brystonized
« Reply #613 on: 12 Jul 2013, 01:41 am »
Congratulations, drummermitchell, you'll love your BDP-2. It does come with a fine sampler thumb drive in a clever case.

You might also consider downloading the HDTracks sampler as well. It led me to two fine albums: Be Still by Dave Douglas and Cassandra Wilson's Another Country. Of course, many of the participants on this thread will have excellent recommendations for you.

FWIW, I recommend strongly connecting to your computer. I ran CAT6 through Cisco business class switches to our router, connecting to our gigabit network, and the speed and reliability made the effort very worthwhile. The connection will open many possibilities, including management of the BDP-2 and of your music. Installing an internal drive in the BDP-2 would also be an excellent move. I put in a Samsung 500gb solid state drive, and it can hold a substantial collection of hi-res files; Bryston thoughtfully included the required cable, so installation is incredibly easy (Chris posted an excellent video on this). Of course, you can also add external drives, since the BDP-2 has plenty of oomph.

Chris Rich is a superb resource and all-around great guy, very generous in sharing his expertise and extremely patient in working with non-techies like me. He spent a more than an hour on the phone with me, troubleshooting and resolving a configuration issue.

Best wishes for many happy hours of listening,

Rich

drummermitchell

« Reply #614 on: 12 Jul 2013, 01:44 am »
THX :thumb:.

MJW

« Reply #615 on: 12 Jul 2013, 09:18 pm »
TimSlim18,

You sent me a PM on Radio Paradise 320 Naim feed.  I don't have enough posts to reply to your message but I had found this on Shoutcast back in February.  I tried searching for it now but it's gone.  Fortunately I added it to a playlist and it still works.  Perhaps Naim made them take it off the site?

Mark

BozemanEric

« Reply #616 on: 30 Jul 2013, 03:41 am »
I apologize if this is a repeat but I gave up after about a dozen pages. I was wondering if anybody had any specific hard drive suggestions for the BDP-1. I currently have one 256GB solid-state that is filled. I need about another 256GB.

What are other using for hard drives?

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #617 on: 30 Jul 2013, 09:05 am »
I'm using an OCZ Vector. I've read others are using Samsung 840's. Either way, the transfer speeds these SSDs are capable of is way in excess of what you need. I'm getting great throughput on a Patriot USB 3.0 flash drive. You might consider opting for a large USB thumb drive?

If I had to do it over again, I'd probably aim for one of the less expensive SSDs. You might consider Crucial, Samsung, OCZ, or some of the others.

mikemalter

• Have a nice cup of coffee
    • The Computer Mutt Blog a repository of divergent computer knowledge
« Reply #618 on: 30 Jul 2013, 05:03 pm »
TimSlim18,

You sent me a PM on Radio Paradise 320 Naim feed.  I don't have enough posts to reply to your message but I had found this on Shoutcast back in February.  I tried searching for it now but it's gone.  Fortunately I added it to a playlist and it still works.  Perhaps Naim made them take it off the site?

Mark

This is the link that I use:

http://radioparadise.com/m3u/aac-320.m3u

This "splits" into three links and I chose the third one which is New York. 

I am listening to Radio Paradise and the sound quality rivals audio from my hard drive. 

Mike

mario09

« Reply #619 on: 30 Jul 2013, 05:23 pm »
How can I copy, paste and play this URL with the BDP-1 and the latest software? I really Like Radio Paradise. Thank you for your help :thumb: