BRYSTON BDP-1/2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
Re: BRYSTON BDP-1 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #580 on: 27 Feb 2013, 03:01 am »
Now I am really confused. I currently cannot copy over my home network to my attached 2gig HD and the above entries are contradictory. Can anyone confirm one way or the other, and if it is possible, perhaps add some guidance on how?
Thanks
M

Hi M,

Check the video tutorials portion of this thread, the last or second last entry is video on how to copy songs over the network to the BDP.  If you are still having problems login into the settings page, goto the Drive Information tab and check if the drive is writeable.  If the drive isn't writeable, check the file system bein used (also listed on the dive information page).

Cheers,
Chris

mfig

Re: BRYSTON BDP-1/2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #581 on: 27 Feb 2013, 06:50 pm »
Have done so. Drive is not writeable, and I am not knowledgeable enough to change it. Appreciate any guidance. Thanks!

srb

« Reply #582 on: 27 Feb 2013, 07:34 pm »
The BDP cannot read or write to HFS+ formatted drives.  It can read both FAT32 and NTFS formatted drives, and after the proper firmware update ("NTFS read write support was included with loony loon (S1.XX) firmware for the BDP"), NTFS can now also be written to.

You will need to reformat your hard drive to either NTFS (if the BDP has the necessary updated firmware) or FAT32 using the Mac Disk Utility.

http://www.geek.com/articles/apple/geek-101-how-to-format-a-mac-hard-drive-20120427/

Mac can read NTFS but not write to it natively without 3rd party software, so if you need both BDP and Mac compatibility with the hard drive, you should probably format with the FAT file system, but otherwise NTFS would be my choice.

Steve

Timslim18

« Reply #583 on: 6 Mar 2013, 03:26 pm »
I am a delighted relatively newbie owner of a BDP-1. 

From my Squeezebox days, I was a great fan of Radio Paradise when I was not in serious listening mode.  Through bRadio on the BDP-1 I have successfully added the 128 kbit Radio Paradise stream. However, I have read that there is a 320 kbit Radio Paradise stream through NAIM. 

If it is possible to stream 320 kbit Radio Paradise, would someone kindly walk me through the steps to do so.

Many thanks

Tim

mikemalter

• Have a nice cup of coffee
    • The Computer Mutt Blog a repository of divergent computer knowledge
« Reply #584 on: 6 Mar 2013, 04:34 pm »
+1 on this one too.

Thanks.

joc3721

• Departure Audio
« Reply #585 on: 20 Mar 2013, 04:26 pm »
Any suggestions for a good, small, portable SSD drive to work off of BDP 2 USB?  Maybe with esata and USB, USB needed to get stuff off laptop.  At least 64-128GB.
Thanks

cprem

« Reply #586 on: 20 Mar 2013, 08:55 pm »
Hi Chris,
There has been a new firmware (firmware 20130319) that you posted on the dropbox web site but has no notes on it? So is it safe to update my BDP1 with this version of firmware?

cprem

Blueshirt1

« Reply #587 on: 29 Mar 2013, 02:54 pm »
Hi all,

Just got my BDP2 and having a hell of a time setting it up. Forget about the network part which doesnt seem to be working yet.

I just plugged the BDP 2 to my DAC (Lampizator) via AES/EBU connection and used the USB thumbdrive. I can hear the music but it is all distorted!!! Lots of noise, unlistenable.

What am I doing wrong?

Thx

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #588 on: 29 Mar 2013, 03:02 pm »
Hi all,

Just got my BDP2 and having a hell of a time setting it up. Forget about the network part which doesnt seem to be working yet.

I just plugged the BDP 2 to my DAC (Lampizator) via AES/EBU connection and used the USB thumbdrive. I can hear the music but it is all distorted!!! Lots of noise, unlistenable.

What am I doing wrong?

Thx

Hi,

Is there another DAC you could try as the thumbdrive is high res and is it possible your DAC is not???

Also maybe try another thumbdrive with standard CD quality files 44/16???

james

Blueshirt1

« Reply #589 on: 29 Mar 2013, 03:49 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply.

I do not have another DAC to try it with. But I am sure the DAC is high rez. From the website "It is a multi bit top model with fully differential balanced outputs and 192 kHz capability."

I will try another thumbdrive.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #590 on: 29 Mar 2013, 10:30 pm »
Have done so. Drive is not writeable, and I am not knowledgeable enough to change it. Appreciate any guidance. Thanks!

You'll need to back up, the drive and format it as msdos type using disk utility on your Mac.  To clarify the BDP can read HFS, just doesn't write to it yet.

Cheers,
Chris

So There

• Brystonized
« Reply #591 on: 29 Mar 2013, 11:04 pm »
Please, Chris, make that word yet in your post 590 above be incredibly significant.

Rich

The means — Bryston SP3 | Bryston 6B-SST(C) - L/C/R; 4B-SST(C) - surrounds; 4B-SST(C) - rears | Bryston BDP-2 Digital Player; BDA-2 D/A Converter; Oppo BDP-105 | Paradigm Reference Signature S8 fronts; C5 center; ADP surrounds; S4 rears; two Velodyne DD15 subs | APC S20 | Pioneer Elite PRO-1130

keet360

« Reply #592 on: 11 Jun 2013, 02:08 am »
I noticed that was a problem reported with the play back of 24bit ALAC files on the BDP and I was wondering if there was a resolution to the problem.  I purchased a couple of albums in this format from HDTracks that won't play on my BDP1. The only sound that comes out of these files is a ticking sound. On my Mac they play fine and when I convert them to FLAC they play on my BDP1.

Thanks.

simmac

« Reply #593 on: 13 Jun 2013, 07:18 am »
Hi Guys need some help please I have had to send back My BDP1 to Geoff at PMC due to some Firmware issues whilst there it was updated so it can read music from external drives over the internet like the BDP2

On connecting the BDP back up you can see the drives that are connected directly to the BDP via usb as it did before but now there is another thing that comes up
PUBLIC_ON _PMCNAS01
I DONT KNOW WHAT THAT IS when i double click it nothing happens when i look at settings the IP address is different from the one that is normally used the last 2 numbers but it wont let me save them

I don't have any Nas drive connected
does this facility allow you to see and play music from a computer in a different room though the home router or does it just let you play music from A NAS drive

Can someone talk me through how to connect and set up so i can use this new facility to see and play music from devices either nas or computer that is not directly connected to the bdp1 via usb

Thanks
Jimbles

gil99

« Reply #594 on: 14 Jun 2013, 12:24 pm »
I have a BDP-1 and use Mpod to control it via my network and everything is working fine.  I have never upgrade it with newer software, should I leave that way or do you recommend having the upgrade.  Thanks

Gil

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #595 on: 14 Jun 2013, 12:42 pm »
I have a BDP-1 and use Mpod to control it via my network and everything is working fine.  I have never upgrade it with newer software, should I leave that way or do you recommend having the upgrade.  Thanks

Gil

Hi Gil

What version of software are you running now?

james

gil99

« Reply #596 on: 14 Jun 2013, 03:24 pm »
Hi James,
I will look at it tonight and will let you know.  Thank.
P.S. I bought it the first year it came out.

Gil

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #597 on: 14 Jun 2013, 03:32 pm »
Hi James,
I will look at it tonight and will let you know.  Thank.
P.S. I bought it the first year it came out.

Gil

OK if the software is taht old I think it best to let Chris Rice at Bryston contact you as there may be some interm software you would have to load before you can load the most recent version.

james

gil99

« Reply #598 on: 14 Jun 2013, 09:20 pm »
The version software of my BDP-1 is S1.19 2011/10/01 and the serial #000643.   Thank you

Gil

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #599 on: 14 Jun 2013, 09:40 pm »
The version software of my BDP-1 is S1.19 2011/10/01 and the serial #000643.   Thank you

Gil

Yes please contact Chris Rice at Bryston.

James