BRYSTON BDP-1/2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: BRYSTON BDP-1/2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #560 on: 16 Jan 2013, 03:49 pm »
I have a 250 gig SSD drive attached to the lower rear USB port. When I turn on the BDP-1 it does not reconize and auto connect to the drive. I have to unplug it and plug it in again. The drive is FAT32. Is that normal?

Hi,

Certainly not normal - what software version are you using?

james

OrangeCrush

« Reply #561 on: 16 Jan 2013, 08:16 pm »
The latest one on the website. Although, it might be corrupted as under systems the Internet radio tab is no longer is there. I tried to reinstall, but it failed. I will a factory restore tonight.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #562 on: 17 Jan 2013, 03:57 am »
Does your drive show up under drive information on the settings page?

Cheers,
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
Re: BRYSTON BDP-1 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #563 on: 17 Jan 2013, 04:02 am »
I have NTFS and I can copy files from anywhere on my network to the HDD attached to my BDP-1.

NTFS read write support was included with loony loon (S1.XX) firmware for the BDP.

Cheers,
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #564 on: 17 Jan 2013, 04:06 am »
...ok, thanks Chris! but isn't it a cat5 cable that must be used to connect the BDP-1 and the router??

al.

Cat6 will work just fine, or there are a bunch of Fleming College grads walking around with the wrong knowledge ;)

Cheers,
Chris

OrangeCrush

« Reply #565 on: 18 Jan 2013, 12:23 am »
Does your drive show up under drive information on the settings page?

Cheers,
Chris

Thanks Chris and James, the Oyen MiniPro drive enclosure is the culprit. It has an optional power cable and on/switch. That seems to be the causing the problem. It would not show up on my Network either. I got a new USB powered ONLY case for my SSB Samsung 840 and it works awesome. Life is good!

BTW, the BDP-1 is the best sound I have ever had in my system. I am using Aif files to match with my iTunes library on a Mac and it is super fast. Everything works seamlessly. I can add music easily in Finder to my drive attached to the BDP-1. Thanks for the great support you offer here. That was important for me to purchase the unit.

OrangeCrush

« Reply #566 on: 18 Jan 2013, 06:22 am »
Duplicate post.
« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2013, 07:52 pm by OrangeCrush »

Phil

« Reply #567 on: 19 Jan 2013, 07:08 pm »
trying to add a radio station to the BDP for my wife.  From settings, internet, tried to find the address in shoutcast.  Since it didn't appear there, found it on the web and played it there.  When I paste it into the BDP settings interface, it doesn't appear correctly (url not correct) on the BDP and does not play.

Why?

Thanks. 

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #568 on: 21 Jan 2013, 03:45 am »
Hi Phil,

The links on the shoutcast web site links to playlist files that contain the shoutcast server addresses and port numbers, where as your web site is just that a web site and not a playlist.

Cheers,
Chris

Phil

« Reply #569 on: 21 Jan 2013, 03:49 am »
Hi Phil,

The links on the shoutcast web site links to playlist files that contain the shoutcast server addresses and port numbers, where as your web site is just that a web site and not a playlist.

Cheers,
Chris
Thanks, Chris.  Found the station at tunein.com, which provided the homepage of the station, which provided the URL.  Success!

Phil
« Last Edit: 27 Jan 2013, 06:32 pm by Phil »

stereoclub

« Reply #570 on: 30 Jan 2013, 07:06 pm »
Hi James,

I have BDP-1 with most recent firmware. Until now I used only one single Seagate USB hard drive, 500 GB without problems.
Problem occurs when I try to use one more 500 GB hard drive WD MyPassport.  Both hard drives are powered from USB.
It works with any of them, but with both it shuts them down and shows ERROR on display.
In manual I found is possible to use 2 hard drives if they are 500 GB...

What can be the problem?

Thank you
Bogdan - StereoClub

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #571 on: 30 Jan 2013, 07:59 pm »
Hi James,

I have BDP-1 with most recent firmware. Until now I used only one single Seagate USB hard drive, 500 GB without problems.
Problem occurs when I try to use one more 500 GB hard drive WD MyPassport.  Both hard drives are powered from USB.
It works with any of them, but with both it shuts them down and shows ERROR on display.
In manual I found is possible to use 2 hard drives if they are 500 GB...

What can be the problem?

Thank you
Bogdan - StereoClub

Hi

The BDP1 can only output 500 milliamperes on the USB so my guess is the 2 drives combined are greater than 500.

James

stereoclub

« Reply #572 on: 30 Jan 2013, 08:30 pm »
Hi

The BDP1 can only output 500 milliamperes on the USB so my guess is the 2 drives combined are greater than 500.

James

BDP-2 has higher limit?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #573 on: 30 Jan 2013, 08:34 pm »
BDP-2 has higher limit?

Yes - it has a much larger power supply - 5 amps.

james

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #574 on: 31 Jan 2013, 03:02 am »
Hi,

The BDP-1  has a total of two 500mA power supplies shared between four USB ports.  The bottom rear USB port has one of these supplies dedicated to it and the other three share the second.  You should try a powered USB hub that comes with a wall wart greater then 1amp.

Cheers,
Chris

marpe

« Reply #575 on: 31 Jan 2013, 05:08 pm »
a bunch of Fleming College grads walking around with the wrong knowledge

I have colleagues who graduated from Sir Sandbox.  Some are pretty quick :D.

jjc1

« Reply #576 on: 31 Jan 2013, 06:26 pm »
   Bogdan, I am using the exact hard drives as you and have never had that problem. Something seems amiss with your BDP. I suggest you contact Chris or James again.

MJW

« Reply #577 on: 13 Feb 2013, 02:21 am »
I'm hoping someone can help with a question.  Why doesn't album art, artist, song or album show on max/bdp1 when listening to Internet radio stations.  Radio paradise in particular, either the 128 or the 320 Naim stream.

Thanks

mfig

« Reply #578 on: 26 Feb 2013, 10:55 pm »
I have NTFS and I can copy files from anywhere on my network to the HDD attached to my BDP-1.

Now I am really confused. I currently cannot copy over my home network to my attached 2gig HD and the above entries are contradictory. Can anyone confirm one way or the other, and if it is possible, perhaps add some guidance on how?
Thanks
M

BrysTony

« Reply #579 on: 26 Feb 2013, 11:13 pm »
Now I am really confused. I currently cannot copy over my home network to my attached 2gig HD and the above entries are contradictory. Can anyone confirm one way or the other, and if it is possible, perhaps add some guidance on how?
Thanks
M

Mike,
It is easy to copy files to the HD attached to the BDP as long as the BDP is connected to the network.  In my case using a MAC the BDP shows up in Finder as a shared device.  I just click on it and it will connect to the drive ( you will have to connect using userid/password (bryston/bryston unless you have changed it.)  Then you can drag and drop files to the BDP HD.  Same process is available in Windows.
Tony