BRYSTON BDP-1/2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
Re: BRYSTON BDP-1 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #420 on: 17 Aug 2011, 09:10 am »
  I use the Netgear Powerline Adapter Kit. It connects the BDP1 wirelessly and I have no trouble with internet radio streaming. It also helps with album art and artist and album info. Try it. If you don't like it, return it.

I use the TRENDnet TEW-654TR for anything that is too far away for cables. Works like a charm (BluRay and hdtv are no problem whatsoever), and with some searching you can find nice deals.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #421 on: 18 Aug 2011, 09:36 am »
hi, Folks!

does Firefox 6 supports Minion? :scratch:

thanx,

al.

terrycym

« Reply #422 on: 18 Aug 2011, 10:07 am »
hi, Folks!

does Firefox 6 supports Minion? :scratch:

thanx,

al.
My version of Firefox attempted to update itself to v6 and it said Minion was not compatable.
James has a manual workarond though.
Basically you edit the Minion config file which is part of the install package to say it's Firefox v6 compatable. Doing this will allow Minion to be reinstalled and it'll work.
Let Google be your friend for more info

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #423 on: 19 Aug 2011, 01:05 pm »
ok, Terry. thanks! :thumb:

al.

pardales

« Reply #424 on: 14 Sep 2011, 05:25 pm »
Does the BDP-1 have to be connected to a computer or home network via Ethernet cable to be controlled by an iPad or iPod or can it speak to such devices wirelessly?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #425 on: 14 Sep 2011, 05:36 pm »
Does the BDP-1 have to be connected to a computer or home network via Ethernet cable to be controlled by an iPad or iPod or can it speak to such devices wirelessly?

Yes, it needs to be connected via an Ethernet cable for remote access via an iPad, iPod, SmartPhone, etc...

George

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #426 on: 14 Sep 2011, 06:10 pm »

You can use a second dedicated router for wireless control just connected directly to the BDP-1 if you want (Man-cave option) which keeps it separate from the main house network.

james

RLL1

« Reply #427 on: 14 Sep 2011, 06:56 pm »

You can also use this type of device. Its small and can be powered by the BDP-1 usb port, or a regular power outlet.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6613567&CatId=2704

Rick

pardales

« Reply #428 on: 14 Sep 2011, 07:55 pm »
You can also use this type of device. Its small and can be powered by the BDP-1 usb port, or a regular power outlet.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6613567&CatId=2704

Rick

Thanks, everyone. Very helpful. I would need something like this device as the point of the BDP for me would be to NOT have a computer nearby.

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
« Reply #429 on: 17 Sep 2011, 11:05 am »
Thanks, everyone. Very helpful. I would need something like this device as the point of the BDP for me would be to NOT have a computer nearby.

I would use the TRENDnet TEW-654TR for anything that is too far away for cables. It is better than the Netgear one, even though it is built in the same factory.

gil99

« Reply #430 on: 8 Oct 2011, 02:22 am »
You can use a second dedicated router for wireless control just connected directly to the BDP-1 if you want (Man-cave option) which keeps it separate from the main house network.

james

Does that router needs to be connected to internet, if not using an ipod or ipad do you have the choice of using either the max, mini or mpod, mpad with no interet connection.  Also if you want to connect your BDP-1 on your home network, does it have to be hardwired to your router or is there a way to connect it wireless (like with add another router or network adapter) as my desktop computer and internet connection is far from my sound system.  I try to gather all the information I can get on the different way to control the player to know what will be needed to buy in addition to the BDP-1.  I plan to connect it to my BP26 w/dac at first then go with the BDA-1 when my budget will permit and use an ipod or ipad to control the player.  Thank you.

Gilles

gil99

« Reply #431 on: 8 Oct 2011, 02:27 am »
Hi all,
I think I post it wrong, so one more try, sorry.

Does that router needs to be connected to internet, if no connection needed,  using an ipod or ipad do you have the choice of using either the max, mini or mpod, mpad with no interet connection.  Also if you want to connect your BDP-1 on your home network, does it have to be hardwired to your router or is there a way to connect it wireless (like with add another router or network adapter) as my desktop computer and internet connection is far from my sound system.  I try to gather all the information I can get on the different way to control the player to know what will be needed to buy in addition to the BDP-1.  I plan to connect it to my BP26 w/dac at first then go with the BDA-1 when my budget will permit and use an ipod or ipad to control the player.  Thank you.

Gilles
« Last Edit: 8 Oct 2011, 05:23 am by gil99 »

yo2tup

« Reply #432 on: 8 Oct 2011, 02:45 am »
is it possible to order the bdp-1 with a high quality RCA jack instead of the BNC?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #433 on: 8 Oct 2011, 11:41 am »
is it possible to order the bdp-1 with a high quality RCA jack instead of the BNC?

Hi,

We could probably do that for you as a special but BNC is a true 75Ohm connector so I would recommend it over an RCA.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #434 on: 8 Oct 2011, 11:43 am »
Hi all,
I think I post it wrong, so one more try, sorry.

Does that router needs to be connected to internet, if no connection needed,  using an ipod or ipad do you have the choice of using either the max, mini or mpod, mpad with no interet connection.  Also if you want to connect your BDP-1 on your home network, does it have to be hardwired to your router or is there a way to connect it wireless (like with add another router or network adapter) as my desktop computer and internet connection is far from my sound system.  I try to gather all the information I can get on the different way to control the player to know what will be needed to buy in addition to the BDP-1.  I plan to connect it to my BP26 w/dac at first then go with the BDA-1 when my budget will permit and use an ipod or ipad to control the player.  Thank you.

Gilles

Hi Gilles,

Yes you can connect a dedicated router to the BDP-1 and use any wireless device to connect to it - I call it my ManCave option.

james

gil99

« Reply #435 on: 8 Oct 2011, 01:12 pm »
Even if I don't have access to the internet.  Thanks

Hi Gilles,

Yes you can connect a dedicated router to the BDP-1 and use any wireless device to connect to it - I call it my ManCave option.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #436 on: 8 Oct 2011, 02:42 pm »
Even if I don't have access to the internet.  Thanks

Correct - send me an email at jamestanner@bryston.com and I will send you a 'how to' paper.

james

Deftone

« Reply #437 on: 11 Oct 2011, 07:03 am »
Correct - send me an email at jamestanner@bryston.com and I will send you a 'how to' paper.

james.   
                                                                                                              Hi James,                                                                                                 I think I will be needing the same help as Gilles do.Need a dedicated router set up just for the Bdp-1.Will email you my regarding this .Thank you.

Din

bluemark81

« Reply #438 on: 1 Nov 2011, 08:58 pm »
I'm thinking about picking up a BDP-1.  I will be using the internal DAC of a Simaudio Supernova CD player.  I'm just wondering if anyone else out there has used their BDP-1 with the Supernovas DAC.  Your impresions of the combo would be appreciated.

bluemark81

« Reply #439 on: 2 Nov 2011, 11:36 pm »
Well, showing my impatience here.  Rather than wait for your responses, I placed an order for a BDP-1 today.  Should be a couple of weeks.  In the meantime, can someone tell me what software I should be downloading to use with it?  I have a MacBook Pro with Lion and a iPad1.  Comments and suggestions would be appreciated.