salk ht1

audionow

salk ht1
« on: 20 Feb 2007, 02:43 am »
Just wanted to share a pleasant experience over the weekend .
My wife & I drove to MI. to meet Jim & listen to his speakers. Jim & His family were very gracious hosts. It's not everyday you meet people as nice & caring as the Salk's.
I have been hearing & reading  much about his speakers, all very positive. So I had to have as listen. I'm sure you all know how that goes. LOL ! Yes I'm a audio junkie.
I have been in the market to upgrade my bedroom system speakers for sometime now & also have been auditioning new speakers for my main system for the last couple of years. Needless to say I bought the HT1's on the spot for my bedroom system & maybe  who knows what I will do for my main system. I was very impressed with what I was hearing both from the HT1's & HT3's.
Jim has my gears turning for my HT system, but let me first share my view on the HT1's.
The HT1's will extract all the detail from recordings that the upstream components will allow . Never any (rolled off) in the higher frequencies. They sound smooth and very emotional with all music. The amazing part is that with all their detail, there is just no hardness, harshness or listener fatigue whatsoever. They are by far the best  Monitors I have ever heard.

Could HT3's be in my future ?

Thanks Jim

Gary